Chapter Four

Off Limits

Something totally absurd and disturbing appeared at the school courtyard as she made her way to her class, fully aware of the other students' shocked gaze at her.

"Oh my god, so it's true," Ara pops out of nowhere, scaring me again. 

"What...happened?" I asked as I followed my gaze at the girl still walking to her class. "That's Kim Taeyeon right?"

"One hundred percent. There's a rumor going around that Junsu apparently visited her home to talk to her parents and tell them of the incident that happened yesterday. I heard her parents, after hearing what she did, gave her punishment by taking away her make up and girly accessories. Thing is though, even if those were taken away, knowing her, she would have bought something and replace the stuff she lost. She's a girl who will refuse to come to school without make-up or look pretty. But look at her. I guess Junsu was able to talk to Taeyeon personally and scared her so bad that she actually came to school looking like that."

If anyone were to think the situation thoroughly, I'd say Kim Junsu is seriously dangerous. I won't be surprised if one day there would be news that he killed someone. Putting that aside, if he actually did make Taeyeon look like that, then he's overly protective about his girl.

"But isn't that a bit too much? I mean, humiliating her in front of the school is harsh," I defended. 

Ara made a 'popping' sound as she on her lollipop, "Not to the gods. This is nothing compared to what they can actually do. Think about it, if Junsu, only Junsu can do that, imagine the result if it was all five of them combined!"

I stayed silent for a moment.

"But still," I scoffed, hiding the fact that she had a point. "Does Liyin-sshi know about this?"

"Well, it's still a rumor after all. I don't think she would know just yet."

"But Ara, she did stop him from hurting Taeyeon yesterday right? And even though I don't know as much as you, I'm pretty sure an issue such as yesterday wouldn't be something you just throw over your shoulder, not if you're Kim Junsu. Especially when that issue involved his girlfriend. He would have done something about it, right?"

She looks at me for while then laughs, "Geez, you're over thinking it! Don't say things like you know everything."

I frowned, "What? I'm just saying."

"Okay, fine, I admit that what you just said is true, but you're completely missing the point. He's head over heels with Liyin, even if he would never throw the issue over his shoulder, when she tells him to stop, he will. Liyin is probably the only person he'll ever listen to."

"Yeah right, not even his parents?" I laughed.

"I told you, his background is shady, for all we know he might not even have parents."

My clamped my mouth shut, realizing her point.

"Hm, well that got you quiet," she giggled. "Let's go, we'll be late for class."

~~~

"Liyin! Liyin!"

Ara and I gawked at the female students screaming her name, obvioulsy trying to get her attention. My theory is, they just want to get as close as possible to their 'oppa,' and as soon as they're 'best friends' with their goddess, they think they'll have a chance at anything.

"Come sit with us!"

"No! Let her sit with us!"

In other words, they were simply using the goddess. What a bunch of idiots. Do they not think of the consequences once the gods finds out their motive? 

"Yah! Shut up! You'll blast her eardrums!" Ara yelled suddenly, silencing the screams and surprising me.

"I'm sorry, Liyin-sshi. We're a very loud class," she apologized and grabbed her hands, pulling her towards our desks. I could only stare in disbelief with the others. 

"H-Hey! Ara, that's not fair! Just because you're the class president--"

"As class president, I am responsible for the new student. Don't go screaming her name just because you want to get close to her oppas," she emphasized, cutting one of our classmates from talking any further.

I almost threw my arms in the air with delight and wanted to praise Ara for speaking her mind bravely.

The girls scoffed and muttered curse words towards my best friend as they left the classroom for lunch. I could only imagine them being run over and thrown off the cliff instead of defending her verbally. If there was something different between Ara and I, it's the fact the whole class (maybe even our whole grade) seem to be scared of her when she speaks her mind. No one doesn't even blink when it comes to me, that's how scary Ara was.

"Thank you, I'm terribly sorry for causing a ruckus," the goddess replied but paused when she came face to face with Ara. "You're...Ah! I'm sorry for what my oppas did, I'm really, really sorry!"

I stared at her amusingly as she apologized about the incident yesterday, the same apology that she gave to me.

"Huh? Oh that. It's fine, I totally understand where they're coming from," she half laughs as I rolled my eyes. I was sure that was her who was bawling her eyes out in the infirmary yesterday after the encounter with the gods. "And you're definitely not causing any trouble, don't worry!"

Liyin nods slowly and turns towards me, noticing my presence. 

"Hello, you're the one I ran into yesterday."

I blushed when she remembered who I was--the girl who is still clueless as to whether or not she knew I was eavesdropping at her conversation with the gods.

"Um...yeah. H-How are you? I...I heard what happened yesterday," I managed to say, my brain wracking for the right words to come from my mouth.

"Eh? The incident yesterday? It's okay, everything is fine, thank you for your concern," she replies gently, her innocent smile blinding me again. 

"Really? Because Taeyeon is--" I slapped my hand against Ara's mouth from letting her talk any further, receiving a confused look from the goddess. I glared at my best friend for being too talkative.

"W-What she meant is...uh, Taeyeon is...is helping out at the library," I laughed nervously. I wasn't lying.

"Is that where she is then? I want to give her a gift of apology for yesterday," she takes out a small box from her bag. "I want to settle the problems I caused," her voice faded.

Ara and I looked at each other in disbelief. Why was she the apologizing? No matter where we look from, it is Taeyeon's fault, period. She should be the apologizing, not this angel sent from heaven. I mean, it's not that I am taking sides, but let's face it, Ms. Fanclub President started it.

"But...but Liyin-sshi, it's not your fault--"

"There you are! We thought you were at the cafeteria already," I was interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"Junsu oppa?"

"What are you doing here? Did they do anything to you?" He glares at both Ara and me before grabbing her shoulders to check if she was hurt.

"No, they didn't. They saved me actually," she turns towards us with a smile.

"Well come on, Yunho hyung is waiting," he ignores us before grabbing her hand and practically dragged the poor angel out the classroom without another word.

I shook my head disapprovingly. How can the angel end up with a guy like him? No respect for others at all.

"Ah, but wait. I need to go to the library," I overheard her say.

"Why?"

"Because I need to talk to someone."

~~~

"Not good, not good! Yah, come with me!" Ara drags me out of the classroom, interrupting me from my class duties for the day.

"What's going on?" 

"Help me find Liyin, she's somewhere on campus!"

"What, why? That's not our job," I tried pulling myself away from her grip. "Ara, what are you doing?!"

"No, thanks to you, she's hiding somewhere!"

"What the hell? What's this have to do with me?! Would please explain to me what's going on!"

We stopped running and she turned to me with a very, dead serious expression, something she rarely wears.

"You told Liyin that Taeyeon was at the library earlier, right? She went there after Junsu found her. The rumors that we talked about earlier? They were true. She demanded Junsu to tell her what happened when she saw the horrible-looking Taeyeon at the library. It wasn't pretty after that," she sighed.

I stood there in shock.

"Did...did they argue?"

"I wouldn't call it an argument. Liyin stepped out before Junsu could have apologized. Now she's somewhere hiding, away from Junsu."

"How do you know she's hiding?"

"Are you serious? Junsu has been running around the campus for the past hour. He passed by our classroom where you were in six times!"

Huh? Oh that was that noise going back and forth earlier, and some insanely fast figure passing by the window.

"Wait, how did you know what happened?"

"I overheard the librarian earlier whispering it to another teacher, and I managed to have Taeyeon tell me what happened."

"Then...why don't you tell the other members instead of us looking for her? It's not our business and we're not really...close to her," I paused.

She sighs at me hopelessly, "Special request from Kim Junsu himself. You know what Yunho and Jaejoong will do to Junsu if they find out what happened."

I gawked at her, words processing into my head.

"Wait, he asked you to help him?"

"Duh. I was surprise myself."

"He approached you...the god approached you."

Knowing that made me want to laugh. It was impossible. Kim Junsu asking for help to a girl he could care less about, and what's more, Go Ara. Out of all the girls in this school he asked Go Ara. The girl his fellow member held their grip on yesterday. Unbelievable.

"What's with that face? I know it sounds impossible, but sometimes people do the impossible when they're desperate," she stated, crossing her arms.

"In other words, he doesn't want to get beaten up by his hyungs," I placed my hands on my hips.

"How could you think like that? Liyin is his life, if she's not with him, he'll crumble. He loves her, stupid. He could care less for himself," she retorted.

"And you would know?" I questioned.

Sometimes I think this woman knows a little too much about them.

"Ugh, whatever. Come on, we're not going to get anywhere standing here. With three people, it'll be easier to find her. I'll have to explain to him later though that I dragged you into this."

"Alright, alright. I'll check the east side, go to the west," I pointed and went separate ways.