Chapter One

Off Limits

I hid myself behind the textbook as I spied quietly at the gods. This morning can't get anymore weirder. Not more than ten minutes after I watched them disappear into the hallways, that I realize it was the first time that Dong Bang Shin Ki ever protected a girl like earlier. These guys are cruel and heartless, protecting a girl is so out of the question. They never care for the females in or outside of school, let alone protect one. It was something new and different. And knowing this makes me wonder who exactly this new girl is and the reason behind the chilling warnings from the gods.

Who was she to them that even the gods had suddenly seemed like they changed their view over females since they were suddenly protecting a goddess?

"Hey, who's the new girl?" Ara suddenly appears, scaring the hell out of me.

"Jesus, Ara," I regained my posture, glancing at them five men at the corner. Looks like I wasn't caught. "What did you say?"

"The pretty girl over there. Who is she?" She asks me quietly, making sure 'they' wouldn't hear. The gods dislikes being talked about, and seeing how they were overly protective of the new girl earlier, I'm guessing they wouldn't like their goddess being talked about either.

"I heard her name is Zhang Liyin. Sounds a bit foreign, doesn't it?" I whisper back, biting into the apple she handed me. I followed Liyin's back as she exited the classroom and disappeared into the hallway.

She gasped as she leaned back, catching DBSK's attention. I nodded apologetically towards them—in which they frowned in disgust in return—before telling Ara to keep it down. I do not want to be the center of attention after school and I'm pretty sure neither does Ara.

"Mind updating me with your DBSK facts, Ara?" I asked, familiar with her actions. I've known this girl for years, and reactions such as that means she knows something that I definitely don't.

"Not a lot of people know this," she gestures me to lean in. "Especially their fan girls." I nodded, letting her continue.

"Thanks to me of course and my ability to research so much—"

"Ara, I have no time for this. Get on with it!" I sighed impatiently.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" A deep voice interrupts our conversation.

We froze as a cloud of shadow hovered over us. Slowly—even though we were panicking inside—we gazed upwards towards the question that was addressed to us. Thinking quickly, I sat up straight and replied in a calm but shaky voice, "We were...uh, discussing about...homework," I gulped.

The way they looked at me was so intimidating and terrifying, just standing next them was making me nervous. It was if they were going to crush—no, kill—me by just using their eyes. I'm beginning to think looks can literally kill.

"Bad girl," Yoochun clicked his tongue. "Surely you weren't talking about us, right?"

"N-No, of course not." Why was I doing all the talking here? Where the hell is Ara?

"Seems like your friend is a bit scared," Junsu glances at the being behind me. "Well, you know how it goes on around here."

Oh man, you have got to be kidding me. Didn't I just say that I didn't want to be the center of attention here?

Before I could have given a proper reply, Changmin grabbed Ara's arm and Yunho grabbed mine. I winced painfully as they gripped onto us with their iron hands. God, we are so screwed.

"Oppa."

We turned our attentions to the new girl that suddenly appeared at the doorway, giving a stern and unhappy look directly to the gods.

"Let go of them," she commanded lightly.

Suddenly feeling zero pressure onto my arm, I landed first onto the floor with Ara. Geez, I didn't even know I was literally floating off the ground already.

The five members gave us a death glare before turning their attention back to the girl. Without another word, they left the classroom along with her.

I stared at their backs in utter shock.

"Ow, that really hurt. I never knew I'd be victimized by the gods. Hey, are you alright?" Ara nudges me lightly.

"Did I just...Did that just happen?" I gasped. "Ara, did you see that? They...the gods, they listened to her! Did she hypnotize them or something? How—How on earth did she do that? I mean, you can't just...you can't just COMMAND them to stop, DBSK doesn't take orders from anyone! But...but her—they actually obeyed. The gods obeyed to her commands! Ara, who is she?" I faced the amused girl frantically.

"I'm glad you're surprised and all, but this isn't the right time and place to act like...you. It's going to be quite surprising and new for the next few days, now that Zhang Liyin attends the same high school as her oppas—"

"Oppas?!"

Last time I checked, Dong Bang Shin Ki was not owned by anyone, and the way Ara says it, it looks like the this new girl does own them!

"Shhhh! Don't be so loud. Even though the gods warned the whole school, that doesn't mean their fans are going to follow it. Their fans do things behind the gods' backs, and trust me, if DBSK were to ever find out that Liyin gets bullied without their knowledge, the gods will make the lives of every student in this school a living hell, and that'll be thanks to you," she scolds.

"Ara," I asked, processing her words into my head. "How do you know all this?"

"I'm Go Ara. I know everything!"