Chapter Two

Off Limits

"Oppa, you can't just go around threatening and physically injuring students, that's not nice, especially to girls."

I stopped midway down the hallway as I heard the familiar voice of the new girl at the curve. Curiosity getting the best of me, I tip-toed to the edge of the wall and peeked. Sure enough, it was Liyin...and she was with DBSK.

"We're sorry Yinyin, we didn't mean to do that," I overheard Jaejoong say gently, surprising me with a different kind of tone in his voice and not the one the whole school usually hears.

"But I saw Changmin and Yunho oppa grab those girls' arms, and I know that hurt," Liyin protested.

I leaned against the wall for support. Were they referring to the incident earlier? The unexpected meeting between Ara and me and them? They're going to apologize...to us?

"Okay, for you, we'll apologize, alright? C'mon Liyin, don't be mad at us," I stared with disbelief as I watch Yunho, the owner of the black belt in Taekwondo, pout ever so cutely to Liyin.

"I'm not mad, oppa. I was just displeased at what I saw."

"So what can we do for our Yinnie?" Yoochun pinches her nose lightly, receiving a pout in return.

"Yeah, to make it up for what we did?" Changmin ruffles her hair as if she was a puppy.

Just when I thought Junsu wasn't there, he suddenly appeared behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. Eyes widening at the scene before me, I covered my mouth to restrict myself from making any sounds.

"Yah, do that when we're not here, will you?" Jaejoong frowns at Junsu disapprovingly.

"Control yourself, Su," Yunho smiles threateningly...at least, that's what it looked like to me.

"I want you to," Liyin wriggles herself out of Junsu's embrace, frowning in return. "Like what Yunho oppa said, apologize. And when I mean apologize, I mean apologize. Not those blunt and careless sorry's, I want you guys to mean it, and you have to promise me you won't bother them anymore," she replies gently, not a trace of any kind of scolding found within her small voice.

"Okie dokie," Yoochun leans down so that he was the same height as her. "Is Liyin happy now?" He smiles sweetly.

"Yah, you're too near!" Junsu suddenly pushes Yoochun's face away from Liyin's.

"First thing tomorrow, is that good with you, kiddo?" Yunho pats her head lightly.

"Promise?" She asks cutely. The members glanced at each other before showing her their charming smiles.

“Promise,” they agreed.

“I’ll bring you to class—“

“It’s okay, Junsu, I can go myself. You guys should get to your classes too!”

“Alright. Remember, if anything happens—“

“I know, Yunho oppa. Now go!” She pushes them away with little force, giggling cutely.

She stood there waving at them with all smiles as the gods occasionally turned around, glancing towards her direction as if to make sure she was alright.

I leaned back against the walls again, confused with whole situation. Did I just witness DBSK…smiling? They giggled, smiled, pouted, acted cute; something I thought I would never see from them. This Liyin girl is revealing the sides of the gods that no one had ever seen before, which makes me more curious than ever before. What the hell is going on?

“It’s you.”

I jumped at the sudden voice. I turned to see her standing behind me, eyes wide with curiosity. I stood back, shocked. Did she know I was here, eves dropping and spying on them earlier?

“You’re the girl oppa gripped on,” she leaned into me, observing me closely before giggling softly and stepping back to the original position she was in. “I’m really sorry for what my oppas did to you and your friend,” she apologized quietly.

I stared back, at the innocent girl in front of me, speechless. Why wasn’t I saying anything? Open your mouth!

“Are you alright?” She waved her hand in front of my face.

Finally catching my breath, I stumbled on my words, “Y-Yes. Um…apology accepted?”

She beamed, “really?”

“It’s…It’s fine. Their, um, grips didn’t…hurt,” I smiled nervously.

The fact that she probably knew I was here, spying on her and the gods was killing my nerves.

“You don’t need to lie, I know it hurt,” her expression turned into worriment as she stared at my arm.

Following her gaze, I gasped once I saw the red mark from Yunho’s grip laying exposed on my arm.

“It’s really nothing...er, Liyin-sshi. It’ll fade,” I half-laughed.

Suddenly, she gave a ninety-degree bow, startling me. “W-What are you doing?”

“I’m very sorry. I’ll apologize on behalf of Yunho and Changmin oppa. I’ll repay you—“

“N-No! It’s really fine, Liyin-sshi. No need.”

She straightened, biting her lips worriedly. God, it looks like she’s going to cry if I say another word! Her face, her expression, it’s so…innocent and baby-like, so fragile. I will so be at fault if I break her.

“Oppas can be really harsh, I know,” she whispered quietly, staring at the ground. “But when they do bad things, they don’t mean it, it’s just their way of…showing emotions.” I looked at her amusingly. “I want them to stop but…people doesn’t understand why they do such things,” she mumbled inaudibly.

I gazed at her for quite some time, since she wasn’t reacting and staring into space, lost in her thoughts.

“Uh—“

“How did you know my name?” She asks suddenly, making me jump for the second time.

“Oh um…DBSK announced it earlier, when they gave their…I guess you could say, their warning.”

“They honestly shouldn’t have done that,” she replied to no one in particular. “So protective.”

Again, I stared at her amusingly. First she’s talking to me, then she’s talking to no one, and then she’ll be lost in her thoughts. She really is an interesting girl. Make her fragile at that, too.

“I hope you can accept oppa’s apology when he apologizes. I’ll see you around, neh?” She smiled brightly before bowing slightly and running off somewhere past me, leaving me dumbfounded.

Could this day get any weirder?

~~~

[Liyin]

“Ouch!” I rubbed my as I fell first onto the ground when I ran into something hard. Ah, Liyin, you should really look where you’re going.

“Who do you think you are?”

I looked up slowly, surprised to find nine girls in front of me, crossing their arms. Did I do something wrong?
I got up painfully and dusted my school uniform, and gazed at the girl who spoke. She looks…mad? Oh my, this must be the fan club oppas warned me about.

“H-Hi, I’m Liy—“ I stopped midway as she slapped my face, stinging my cheeks. That really hurt. Tears started to well up in my eyes, but I refused to let the fall. I am not going to be weak, I promised them.

Gulping the pain that was coming from my throat, I faced her with a smile, even though smiling was giving me some pain on my right cheek at the moment.

“You must be Taeyeon-sshi, president of oppas’ fan club?” I questioned. Instead of a proper reply, I received another slap on the same cheek, doubling the pain. This time, the unwanted tears fell, stinging my cheek more.

“You must have courage to even touch the gods. You’re nothing special,” she hissed, making me step back.

Suddenly, a hand suddenly flew across Taeyeon-sshi’s face, slapping her hard.

“Who the hell gave you the permission to slap her?” My eyes widened as the familiar figure defended me. “You god damn second year students, you are not allowed to touch this girl!” She yelled, threatening them.

“S-Stop—“ I grabbed her arm, stopping her from slapping Taeyeon-sshi again.

“Get out my sight!” She yelled again, this time scaring them…and me.

I stood behind her, hugging myself.

“Liyin?” She moved closer to me in her calm state, touching my cheek.

I flinched as I jumped back. My tears were blurring my sight, I didn’t know who was calling or touching me.

“It’s alright, Yinnie, it’s me, Stephanie unnie,” I cried in her arms as she hugged me tightly, knowing that it was her.

~~~

[Her's]

“Oh my god, there is chaos in the school courtyard!” Ara enters the study room frantically, slapping her palms onto my desk.

“Ara, I’m studying, leave me alone!”

“No, you have to come and see this! The gods are torturing Kim Taeyeon from class B-6!”

I snapped my attention towards her in shock, “what?”

“Apparently the boys’ so called fan club president slapped Liyin twice on the face earlier. I bet you Liyin would have got murdered if Kim Stephanie from the upper-class didn’t appear and saved dear Liyinnie!” She gasped before grabbing my wrist and dragged me to the courtyard.

Making our way through the mob, I stopped stared at the scene before me.

All five members were furious, but is it me or does Junsu look like a deadly serial killer? And to top it off, I think that’s the darkest face I’ve ever seen from Yunho.

Kim Taeyeon was on the ground with dirt covering her whole body, she was wet and slimy, Junsu had her by the collar, threatening her with that deadly voice of his. Taeyeon was already crying, everyone was whispering to one another, horrified at the scene before them.

“Stop! Stop it oppa!” Liyin squeezed through the crowd, grabbing Junsu by the waist. “Oppa, that’s enough,” she mumbles against his back. Soon enough Junsu let go of Taeyeon’s collar before retreating and hugging Liyin protectively, arousing the crowd.

“Liyin! Your ice packet!” Kim Stephanie, one of the upper classmen appears, laying the packet against Liyin’s cheek. She turned and saw the “victim” on the ground, and smirked with satisfaction before turning to Junsu amusingly.

“Nice job,” she praised.

The rest of the members eyed the poor girl on the ground coldly. Micky Yoochun grabbed her chin and made her look at him, he stared at her for three seconds before giving her a final, deadly warning, “touch her, and you die.”

And anyone who’s been in the school long enough would know that Yoochun was serious with his words.

The crowd was getting the chills, and so was I.

Just when we thought the show was over, Liyin kneeled in front of Taeyeon and gave her a towel and new set of uniform.

“I’m sorry for what they’ve done. These are mine, but you can keep—“

My jaw hung and Ara gripped on me.

What the hell Taeyeon! She’s already helping you and you just slap her offerings away!

“You !”

“It’s fine, Jae oppa,” Liyin calmed the angry man down.

“Liyin, let’s go,” Yunho commands sternly.

“But oppa—“

“Come on,” Junsu whispers gently, pulling her up.

Before I could comprehend what just happened, the gods and Liyin had left, leaving Taeyeon in her insightful condition and the mob started to die down and walk away, not bothering to help the girl on the ground except for her nine member posse.

“We should go too,” Ara nudges me before pulling me away.

 

Man, this day CAN get weirder.