Chapter 5

Our Not-so-happy Life

“Onew...Wake up...”

“Dubu...?”

“Sweetie…?”

“Onew-ah...?!”

“Lee Jinki.”

Again, Onew groaned as he hid himself under the covers. He really didn’t like Sunday mornings. Especially when he didn’t get anything from her last Saturday night. Well, aside from that reason, he really was worn out yesterday from all their sing and dance practices.

“Fany...five more minutes, please...” whined Onew.

Suddenly, a loud cry was heard from the nursery room. Onew quickly sat up from bed, not even caring about his awful bed hair and his endless rivers of dried saliva on his cheeks.

He was greeted with an unmerciful glare from his wife.

“Run, Lee!”

-------------

“Seohyun...”

“Mmm?”

“Seohyun...~”

“Hmm?”

“YAH! SEO JOOHYUN!”

Seohyun, Yoona, and Yuri were hanging out at the mall, waiting for their friends to come.

Seohyun sighed. “Yes, unnie?”

Yuri raised a brow while digging into the popcorn. “Somethin’ wrong?” she asked.

Yoona faced Yuri. “Of course, there’s something wrong! She’s not even looking at me when I called her name!” yelled Yoona.

“C’mon Yoon! Relax...” Yuri calmed down her best friend by leading her to a shoe store and then went back to Seohyun. “Hey...What’s wrong? Tell me...” asked the older girl to her dongsaeng.

“I broke up with Chansung Oppa...” said Seohyun sadly.

Yuri paused. She was confused. “You broke up with him?” said Yuri, emphasizing on ‘you’ and ‘him’.

“Yeah...I saw her kissing another girl on our meeting place. It was supposed to be our first anniversary...” said Seo, making the last words as a whisper.

“Aww, Seohyun... I’m so sorry to hear that...” Yuri was so sad to hear the bad news.

“Don’t be, unnie...It’s not your fault...”

What the two didn’t know was, Yoona was spying them and she felt awfully guilty on treating the maknae like that.

“Seohyun...” Yoona whispered and hugged her.

The three started to hug. After a long while, the 3 boys came to the mall.

“MINHO~” screamed Yuri as she hugged him tightly.

“Hey Key!”

“Yoona!”

The two mad shoppers ran and high-fived each other.

Seohyun greeted Taemin with a fake smile and it surely made Taemin’s heart melt.

“Hey Oppa...”

‘Did she just call me oppa? What should I do? What should I say? Oh God! Help me! Eotteoke?’ thought Taemin.

“Hi Seo!” Taemin blurted out.

‘Hi Seo?! What was I thinking?!’thought Taemin again as he mentally slapped himself.

Taemin noticed the frown on her face. “Seohyun...Is everything okay?” he asked as he took a step nearer.

Seohyun chuckled. “Maybe I should tell you later...”

Taemin smiled to himself.

‘I think she trusts me!’

Maybe Taemin’s in a weird world right now?

Am I dreaming?!’

Minho and Yuri left them and explored the mall, as well as Key and Yoona. Taemin and Seohyun were the only ones left. Taemin decided to treat Seohyun some sweet potatoes.

“Care for some sweet potatoes?” asked Taemin, stretching out his arm for her to reach a bag of sweet potatoes that he brought from a potato stand somewhere in the mall.

“Wow! I love sweet potatoes!” said Seohyun as she was getting a piece from the bag.

Taemin smiled at her. She was enjoying the snack but something seemed to bother her.

“Can you tell me what’s wrong now?” asked Taemin as they went out of the mall, trying to get fresh air.

Seohyun’s eyes were starting to tear up. She ran to a nearby park and cried on the bench. Taemin ran after her worriedly. He then caught up with her. He stood still behind her and he kneeled down and patted her back. She stood up and hugged Taemin while crying on his chest.

“Shh...Don’t worry Seo, if you don’t want to tell me, it’s okay...” said Taemin as he her back gently.

‘Seo? He called me Seo?’ thought Seohyun in her mind.

The two parted their hugs and he wiped her tears with his hand gently.

“You know, you’re more beautiful when you’re not crying...” complimented Taemin.

Her arms were still around him. Her hug made him shiver, but it gave him warmth.

‘Her hug...It’s so...Precious...’thought Taemin.

“Oppa...Never l-l-leave m-m-me...” stuttered Seohyun in between her cries.

“I won’t...”

And there it was, the moment Taemin had waited for in his whole life. She kissed him on the lips. It was a gentle, passionate kiss, a kiss that he will never forget.

 Seohyun smiled softly as she broke the kiss. She saw Taemin’s shocked face and it made her giggle.

‘Did that just happened?’Taemin thought, still dazed with the kiss.

Taemin paused even more when Seohyun hugged her tighter.

“I love you, Lee Taemin...” whispered Seohyun.

Taemin gently lifted her and twirled her around. After bringing her down, he planted a kiss on her forehead and wrapped his arms around her.

“Seo Joohyun, I love you...Will you be my girlfriend?” asked Taemin, hoping the answer is a ‘yes’.

Seohyun kissed him again on the lips. “Does that answer your question?” she asked him with a lifted eyebrow. Her kiss was better than a ‘yes’ that he was hoping for.

“I don’t know...Let me think...” said Taemin as he rubbed his chin.

Seohyun lightly punched his chest. “ert...” she mumbled.