Chapter 6

Our Not-so-happy Life

Taemin slowly fell on his bed and touched his lips gently.

“God…Am I still dreaming?” he asked out loud as he stared on the ceiling.

He still couldn’t believe that the girl of her dreams, the princess of his kingdom, Seo Joohyun, was finally his now.

He then stood up from bed and tried to open a gift that his girlfriend gave to him just hours ago.

“What’s this?”

He opened the package and it revealed a book-like thing. He started to scan the pages.

“A book with no words…or pictures?”

Suddenly, he encountered a note which was attached to the last page.

To: My Taemin <3

Sorry, this was the best that I can give to you…for now ;)

I hope you like it and will use it every time.

I love you!

From: Your Seohyun <3

He was so touched with the note but he decided to call his hyungs for help.

He tried to call Onew first, but there was no response.

“He must be having his adult ‘play time’ with Tiff noona.”

Then, he tried to call Jonghyun.

Jonghyun: Hello?

Taemin: Hyung!

Jonghyun: Taem? Sorry Taem, I’m busy…I need to look after Sooyeo—Oh God, she’s going to-- *insert ear-deafening baby squeal here*

Taemin rapidly took the phone away from his ears when he heard his hyung’s daughter’s loud shriek.

Taemin: I understand hyung. Good luck!

He then dismissed the call.

“Now I know where Sooyeon gets her ‘dolphin’ screams.”

He then paused for awhile.

“I know who to call!”

He quickly dialed Key’s number on his phone.

Key: Hey!

Taemin: Hyung! Thank God you answered!

Key: Is anything wrong?

Taemin: Hyung…I’m having problems.

Key: What kind of problems?

Taemin: What’s a…Journal?

Key: (Loud laughing) Min…! Are…You…Serious…?!!! (Panting)

Taemin: Yes, hyung.

Key: Oh. Well, a journal is like a diary except that you have to tell more about what happened in your day, unlike a diary, where you record what you ate, what time you did something weird…

Taemin: Okay…Thanks hyung! You’re the best!

Key: I know…

Taemin: Kay…Bye hyung! Thanks again!

Key: Bye.

He then pressed the dismiss button with satisfaction.

But he was confused. ‘Why on earth should I write on a journal?’

“Because, Seohyun loves you!” a voice was heard.

“Huh? Who’s that?!”

It’s your brain, Lee Taemin…”

“Do you think that Seohyun would love me more if I write on this thing?” he asked his own brain.

“I don’t know, Lee Taemin.”

“How come you don’t know? You’re my brain! You’re supposed to know everything!”

“That’s the point, young master. I am YOUR brain. You can’t use me in this situation. Ask your heart…”

And the brain’s voice faded away.

“Heart?”

“Yes, Taemin?”

“Brain?”

“No Taemin, you are talking to your heart right now…”

“Oh…Well, I have a question.” said Taemin as he glanced on the note again.

“Yes, Taemin…I’m listening…”

“Should I write on this journal so that Seohyun would love me more?” he asked his own heart.

“Taemin…Seohyun loves you. She loves you a lot. She can’t love you more because she loves you MOST. It’s up to you if you would follow her instructions…The best of luck, Lee Taemin.”

And the heart’s voice faded away too.

“I think I should write on it.”

He then got a pen and wrote on a blank page.

Journal Entry #1

     Today is the day when my girlfriend, Seohyun, bought me something that I’m writing in right now. Apparently, it’s called a journal. Well, it’s my first time to write on it, so…Wish me luck!

    Finally, after all these years, I can’t believe that Seohyun’s officially my girlfriend now. Without my effort and prayers, this wouldn’t have happened and I might not be writing in here now. I thank God for all of this and also for Minho hyung who never stopped believing in me. Well, I think this is all for now. Good night! Saranghae, Seo Joohyun.

The future Lee Joohyun. <3

--Lee Taemin. OVER AND OUT.

-------------

Seohyun: Yeah! He even gave me a necklace!

???: Really?

Seohyun: Yes, Taeyeon unnie!

Taeyeon: (Chuckles) I hope you’re happy with Taemin now coz that Chansung guy crept me out.

Seohyun: (Giggles) Unnie, you have nothing to worry about. Taemin is very kind and besides, you’ve known him ever since we’ve debuted.

Taeyeon: Hmm…I really have known him for a long time now. But still, I’ll re-arrange his face if he ever hurts you.

Seohyun: Unnie, you’re married now and you have a baby inside your tummy!

Taeyeon: I know…But, that’s not an exception. I’ll still haunt him down, whether I’m married or not!

Seohyun: Arasseo. Okay, bye unnie! I want you to rest! Your big day is coming up!

Taeyeon: Thanks, Seo! I love you!

Seohyun: I love you too, unnie! Take care and Congratulations to your upcoming baby! Good night!

Seohyun pressed the dismiss button and lied down on her bed, fiddling the necklace Taemin gave her.

They were shopping awhile ago and they decided to buy gifts for each other. Taemin surprised her with a gold necklace with a heart and she, in return, gave him a journal and a cute, but manly bracelet.

“Lee Taemin…I never thought that I’d be with you…”

She closed her eyes but then decided to text him before she goes to dreamland.

To: Taemin <3

Good night, Taem! I loooooooove YOU! Thanks for the necklace too! I’ll dream of you tonight!

From: Seohyun   

Send.

After a couple of minutes, Taemin replied.

To: Seohyun <3

Good night, Seo! I love you MORE! Thanks for the gifts too! Have a good dream of me!

From: Taemin

Seohyun blushed at his text.

“How come I never felt this when I was with Chansung?” mumbled Seohyun as she touched her heart.

“Because it’s true love, Joohyun…”

“Is it just me, or did I just hear someone talking?”

Seohyun got up from bed and her eyes roamed the whole room.

“This is you, Joohyun…This is your soul…”

“M-m-my s-soul?” Seohyun paused and began to stutter.

“Am I gonna die?!” Seohyun asked out loud.

The mysterious voice began to chuckle. The voice was angelic and feminine.

“Ah, love can make us say crazy things, huh? You’re not gonna die, Joohyun. You’re just talking to yourself, your heart, mind, and soul.”

“That’s…weird?” said Seohyun.

“Seo Joohyun, do me a favor, okay?”

“Okay…”

“Please love Taemin with all your heart…”

“WAIT—I’m confused. You told me that you’re me so…How can you tell me a favor if I’m you?!”

“Joohyun, sometimes…You’re just too innocent to get what’s going on…Just promise me that you’ll love Lee Taemin honestly and sincerely.”

Seohyun curled up in a ball and nodded to herself. Before dozing off into Dreamland, she thought, ‘Was I just talking to myself?”’