Chapter 4

Our Not-so-happy Life

It was 7 o’clock in the morning, a perfect day for jogging. Seohyun was walking along in the park and out of the blue, she saw a familiar figure dancing with earphones. He was wearing a simple pull up jacket and a pair of jogging pants with matching sneakers. She approached him and to her surprise, it was Taemin! He turned around and was also surprised to see Seohyun.

“Hey!” he waved at her and ran to her place.

“Hey!”

“What’s up?” he said as he turned off his iPod.

“Just nothing...You’re such a great dancer!” she complimented him as they strolled around the park.

Oh...Thanks!” he rubbed the back of his neck.

“By any chance...Umm...Can you...teach me?” asked the shy Seohyun.

“Teach you what?”

“Umm...dancing?”

“Oh, yeah...right...dancing. Alright!” Taemin answered sheepishly.

They went to the same place that Taemin danced on and he started to play their new song, ‘Hello’. First, he demonstrated the dance then he tried to teach her the steps.

“Okay now, one step forward and then slide...” he demonstrated the actions for her to be followed.

She followed quite well and Taemin didn’t see anything negative about her dancing skills.

“Like this?” Seohyun did the following steps quite good.

“Yeah, then you wave your hands like this, then slide again...” Taemin did the actions and suddenly, Seohyun slipped.

Taemin quickly caught her and he felt a shade of pink running through his cheeks. Seohyun stood up and she felt butterflies in her stomach. After awhile, they finished practicing the dance. Then, they went to an ice cream stand.

“Hey Min! Want some ice cream? My treat! so that I could repay you for the thing you did awhile ago...” Seohyun offered Taemin some ice cream.

“Sure!” replied Taemin.

They went to the stand and Seohyun asked ice cream from the ice cream man

“Umm...One strawberry ice cream and one chocolate ice cream...Oh, and both cones please!” said Seohyun with a smile.

A minute passed and the man gave Seohyun the ice creams. “Kamsahamnida!” Seohyun thanked the man and gave Taemin his own ice cream.

“I know this is kind of personal but...Do you have a girlfriend already?” Seohyun asked Taemin as they were walking down the street.

Taemin blushed. “Umm...No...Why’d you ask?” he replied and asked her.

“I don’t know...It’s just that...you know! So many girls including Sulli like you and...you know what I’m talking about!” explained Seohyun.

“You think I like Sulli?!”

“Yeah...Why don’t you date her?”

“Okay...Just to make things clear, I don’t like Sulli!”

“Okay...”

There was awkward silence surrounding them...And finally, Taemin spoke up.

“And you?”

“What about me?” Seohyun was confused.

“Do you...have a boyfriend?” asked Taemin.

“Oh...Yeah...You know 2PM’s Chansung, right?” replied Seohyun.

Suddenly, Taemin felt down...”Yeah...Chansung hyung...”

Then, a phone call came from Seohyun’s phone.

Seohyun: Yoboseyeo?

???: Hey Babe!

Seohyun: Chansung?

Chansung: Yep!

Seohyun: Hey! Why’d you call?

Chansung: Training’s finished already...And I want to hear your voice...

Seohyun: Aigoo!

Chansung: I’ll pick you up in the park

Seohyun: Wait—How’d you know?!

Chansung: Maybe your boyfriend is just too smart, eh?

Seohyun: Whatever!

Chansung: Saranghae!

Seohyun: Okay, Love you too! Bye!

Seohyun disconnected the call and bid Taemin goodbye...

“Taem...I’m sorry but I got to go already. I’ll just catch up with you when I see you...Bye!” Seohyun waved her hand and ran to the car of Chansung.

Taemin sighed and called his Key hyung...

Taemin: Yoboseyeo?

Key: Hey dongsaeng! (Noisy talking and screaming)

Taemin: Hyung...Where are you?! Why is it so noisy there?!

Key: I’m at the store with Yoona and she—YEAH!!! GO YOONA!

Taemin: She what, hyung?!

Key: They’re having a shoe fight here...Apparently, Yoona’s dream shoes that have been reserved for the last 3 years were also offered to another person and now...they’re having a weird and crazy shoe fight.

Taemin: I’ll go there!

Taemin ended the call and went to get a taxi to go to the mall. After stepping out of the cab, he hurriedly went to the shoe shop that Key mentioned awhile ago.

“STOP IT—IT’S…MINE!!!~” A girl screamed as she continued pulling the shoe from the other girl.

Everyone was chanting “Yoona! Yoona!” and Taemin was confused at the event.

“NO! I GOT IT FIRST! IT’S…FREAKIN’…MINE!” Taemin recognized the voice.

“Ah, the memories of shoe fighting…Poor Yoona noona…” Taemin mumbled to himself as he nodded his head in disapproval.

Finally, He saw Key squeezing himself out of the crowd and panting very hard. The young man approached his hyung immediately. “Hyung! Is noona okay?!” asked the maknae as he took a peek at the noona who was still getting the shoe for the somewhat younger girl.

Key scoffed. “You should’ve asked me first!” said the diva as he dusted off his shirt.

“You called me thirty minutes ago and yet, they’re still fight—“

“YES~!”

The two boys looked back and saw Yoona jumping and raising the shoe happily. Finally, the crowd went back to their places and the one that Yoona fought with was at the floor, sitting down. Yoona was at the counter, paying the shoes. Taemin approached the girl slowly to see who she really was and Key happily went with Yoona at the counter congratulating her victory.

Taemin went nearer and he saw a familiar face. Her height was the same as his, she had curly hair and she was wearing a floral dress. He then realized that the girl was Sulli. He smiled and helped her stood up. She dusted herself off and smiled sheepishly.

“Oh...Taemin oppa...What are you doing here?” asked Sulli shyly.

“Key hyung called me...” answered Taemin.

“I thought you were here to save me...” mumbled Sulli.

“What were you saying?” asked Taemin.

“Oh, nothing!” replied the nervous Sulli.

Taemin raised an eyebrow and went back to his hyung and noona. Sulli sat at the couch in the store and sighed. “When will he ever like me?” Sulli asked herself.

A little while, the trio had left the shoe store and Key was starting to feel hungry.

“All this shoe fight is making me thirsty...” complained Yoona.

“I’m hungry...” said Key.

“Might as well eat, right?” suggested Taemin.

They all went to the canteen and ate burgers and fries. Yoona was about to get some fries and Key also wants to do the same thing. But instead of getting fries, Key’s hand accidentally touched hers.

“Sorry!” the two blurted out an apology and hid their hands quickly.

Although it was embarrassing, but deep inside, Key was jumping for joy. He always had a crush on Yoona ever since they debuted. Yoona also likes the fact that she’s falling for him. Yoona blushed as she took some fries and ate it to hide her pinkish face.