Chapter 3

Our Not-so-happy Life

“Ohmy gosh! What’s her name, Sica?” asked the excited Yuri.

“Oh God, it’s like déjà vu!” mumbled Seohyun.

Two weeks after giving birth, Jessica went home with Jonghyun and their new daughter, Sooyeon. Jessica made her English name (Jessica) legal so she gave her daughter her Korean name, Sooyeon.

“Well, her name is Sooyeon. Sooyeon Faith” Jessica said as she her daughter’s cheek.

“That’s so nice! She’s so cute too!” Tiffany commented and put her 9 month old baby on her lap.

After some talk, they ate and laughed and had fun. Key and Yoona kept on talking about the scarf they saw at the mall yesterday, Seohyun and Taemin were playing with Tiffany’s baby while Minho and Yuri were just at one corner, talking to each other quietly. Minho and Yuri have been dating each other way before they debuted (about two years) and it’s their 2nd anniversary next week. Minho went to the garden to think of ways on how to make their anniversary special tomorrow. Yuri followed him after she ate.

“Hey...You okay?” Yuri asked with concern.

Minho looked back. “Yeah...”

Yuri sat beside him and he held her hand. “You know that we’ve been dating for 2 years, right?” Minho asked.

“Actually, we’ve been dating for a year and 364 days!”  Yuri grinned and Minho ruffled her hair.

“And tomorrow’s our 2nd anniversary, right?”

“Yep! Why asking?”

“Nothin’...You know that I love you, right?” Minho said.

“Min...You’re creeping me out...Why are you seriously asking these questions? Don’t tell me that you’ll leave me!” fear was visible in Yuri’s face.

“Anya! I will never leave you! In fact, I have a surprise for you tomorrow!” Minho said as he kissed her cheek.

What they didn’t know is that Onew and Tiffany are spying on them.

“Look at them...They’re so sweet and innocent!” Tiffany put her head on Onew’s shoulder.

Onew scoffed. “They’re too cheesy!”  He commented.

Tiffany playfully slapped his arm. “You’re just jealous coz Minho is a better boyfriend than you!” She .

“At least I’m a better husband!” He was too proud of himself.

“You wish...” Tiffany nodded her head in disagreement as she continued watching the sweet couple.

­­-------------

“Aigoo! You’re so cute!” Seohyun cooed at Jessica’s little daughter

“She’s got Jess noona’s eyes and everything but unfortunately...I’m guessing that she’s inherited Jjong hyung’s height...” Taemin added.

“What do you mean ‘she’s inherited Jjong hyung’s height’?” Jonghyun taken aback her daughter as if she was in danger.

His wife and Seohyun giggled at his weird and crazy behavior. “How’d you know?” Jessica asked the maknae.

“I don’t know...It’s just, when I say something, it would likely to come true...” answered Taemin.

It was true. Everything that comes out from his mouth is the pure truth and everything he guesses is right.

“Just like this...I bet Min hyung will propose to Yul noona next week.” he guessed.

“Chincha?!” They all chorused.

“Okay, okay...Now it’s my turn! Go on Taemin, read my future!” said the diva Key as he offered his palm for him to read.

Unfortunately, Taemin rejected his hand and Key raised an eyebrow. Obviously he was confused.

“Hyung...I said that most things that I guess would like to come true...I didn’t say that I’m a mind reader!”

“Ugh! You are such an —“ Key was about to curse Taemin but the two mothers gave him a cold glare.

“Key, there are kids in here!” warned Tiffany and Jonghyun pretended to cover his daughter’s ears.

 “Fine...” the weird diva slouched and crossed his arms.

“Back to the topic, you said that Min oppa’s proposing to Yul unnie?” Yoona asked.

“I guess so...Most relationships I know lasts only for two years...It’s either they break up on their anniversary or the guy proposes...” said Taemin as if he was a smart kid.

“Woah...You’ve never been in a relationship but now you sound like a love guru or something” said the amazed Onew.

“Yeah Taem... You always know everything! Like in Hello Baby....You were always the one who comes up with something new and amazing each episode...” added Jonghyun.

“But he wasn’t the hottest appa there!” said Key which made him earn shoulder slaps from all the girls in the house.

“Hey! I was the hottest appa there!” Jonghyun didn’t let his pride down.

“No, I was the hottest appa there!” Onew added which made everyone of them stare at him with disbelief.

“Actually, Minho hyung is the—“ Taemin’s words were cut when he saw Minho walking with Yuri to the room.

“The hottest appa!” said Minho as he sat and put his hands under his head.

“I agree!” Yuri cuddled in Minho’s arms.

“Me too!” Seohyun added.

“Us too!” Jessica and Tiffany raised their hands.

“YAH! You can’t vote! You have husbands!” said Key to the two married noonas.

“Whatever, Key! We still think that Minho is the hottest appa!” Jessica poked her tongue to him.

The day was filled with so much fun and laughter. After a while, they all went back to their places. Key and Yoona first when shopping, Taemin and Seohyun went home to their apartments, Tiffany and Onew went to the grocery shop to buy some things for Chohee and Minho walked Yuri to her apartment.

“Are you sure you okay?” Yuri asked her boyfriend who looked like he was so pressured.

“Yeah...”

“Well...Where should we go next week? she asked.

“I don’t know...anywhere you wanna go!” replied Minho.

“Okay!”

They finally arrived to their destination and Yuri kissed Minho on the cheek before she said goodbye.

­-------------

Jonghyun was in the nursery room trying to tuck Sooyeon into sleep. She was in his appa’s arms, crying loudly. His wife was waiting for him in their bedroom.

“Come on, Sooyeon-ah! Please sleep...Don’t you know that appa is very tired? Stop crying please!” said Jonghyun as he cradled the little girl to sleep.

Still, Sooyeon cried. She cried even more! Jonghyun went near the air conditioner so that she could feel the cool wind.

“Maybe she just feels hot...” Jonghyun said as he went in front of the air conditioner which was just inches on top of him.

Little by little, her daughter’s eyes started to get heavier and heavier and finally, she’s asleep. Jonghyun sighed in relief that his daughter’s asleep now. He went to her crib and tucked her gently. He pulled the covers just below her neck and fixed the teddy bear which was next to her side. He kissed her forehead, opened the night lamp and closed the lights. Finally, he bid goodnight to his princess.

“Good night, Sooyeon-ah...” said Jonghyun gently and closed the door.

He then went to their bedroom and sat down next to Jessica, who was reading a magazine.

“What’cha doin?” He said as he peeked into her reading article.

“Nothin’ much...I’m just reading something about cooking...” She said as she focused on one of the articles on the magazine.

“Since when were you interested in cooking?” Jonghyun asked as he fiddled with a pillow that was bothering him.

“I don’t know, Jonghyun...” she said in a bored tone, eyes completely focusing on the magazine.

“Come on, Sica! Stop reading! Let’s go to sleep before Sooyeon wakes us up again!” Jonghyun said as he got the magazine from her hands.

“YAH!”

“Seriously Sica, do you want your eye bags to get bigger?” he asked sternly.

Jessica paused for awhile. “Uh...No?!” she replied.

“Good...Now sleep...” said Jonghyun as he yawned and tucked himself into bed.

“Good night, Sica!”

Jessica too yawned and said “Good night, Jjong!”