Chapter 9

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

                Taemin stared at the person in front of him; it was probably the last person he’d want to see. He wanted to close the door but an arm came forward and kept it from closing.

                “What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?” Taemin had stumbled back as the door flew open with a bang and the person stepped into the little apartment.

                “Taemin...please come back to me, I need you. Key had found out so he is coming with Changmin hyung and Jonghyun hyung right now. I happen to overhear what they were saying so I wanted to be the first one to see you” Taemin stepped back as he took a step forward.

                “M-Master...please let me go. I know you don’t love so why are you torturing me like this? You don’t need me anymore so what’s the point of me staying by your side?” Taemin trembled; his mind went back to when he was in the washroom and how he was being harassed by those boys. Minho approached him, wanting to pull him into a hug but all he saw was Taemin with a scared expression on his face. Minho wanted to say something but his words were interrupted when three extra people barged into the room.

                “My baby!” Key ran forward and wrapped his arms around Taemin’s skinny body; Minho wished that was him instead. Taemin finally had a smile on his face, it made Minho’s heart clench. If Taemin does leave him, he would never be able to see that smile ever again.

                “Taemin, I know it’s sudden for me to ask you this, I got a call from my credit card company and it said there was a bill from the hospital. Are you sick?” Changmin spoke up; he knew that if he didn’t ask, Key would kill him for not finding out for him. Taemin’s eyes flickered to Minho; unfortunately Key caught it and stormed up to Minho.

                “Don’t tell me you gave some disease to my baby! What did you do to him?!” Key grabbed Minho by the collar and pushed him against the wall. Even though Minho was taller than him, the wrath of an umma was no joke.

                “I didn’t do anything to him! If I gave him the disease then won’t you see me going to the hospital too?” Minho tried to reason with Key who had tightened his hands around his neck. Thankfully Jonghyun came to the rescue and pulled them apart. Key went back to Taemin and pulled him down onto the couch.

                “Baby, tell umma what happened. If it’s something serious, we have to know. You can’t keep it to yourself” Taemin fidgeted in his seat, he didn’t want to keep it from them, but he also didn’t want to let Minho know. There was no other way so Taemin went to his room and got a letter, it was the one the doctor gave him before he left the hospital.

                “I think if you read this letter, you would understand why I had to stay in the hospital. I just can’t say it” Key took the piece of paper as he saw a tear flowing down Taemin’s cheek. He read through it and only two words stuck out.

                                                                                Emergency Abortion

                “What?...Baby, don’t tell me...” Jonghyun gently pulled the paper from Key’s hands and both he and Changmin read through it, their expression was exactly the same as Key’s.

                “What’s going on hyung? Why are you all shocked?!” Minho was about to reach for the paper but Taemin ran forward and grabbed it first.

                “No master! It’s better if you don’t know!” Minho tried to pry the paper from Taemin’s hands but he had crumpled it up into his fist, he was not giving up and soon both of them had fell onto the floor and were still struggling. Key was about to jump in since Taemin’s body might be weak from the abortion.

                “Stop it Minho! You’re going to hurt him! Taemin’s still weak after the abortion!” Changmin’s voice rang out through the entire apartment. Minho froze as he stared at Taemin who was underneath him.

                “I-Is that true Taemin? You had an abortion?” Minho waited until Taemin nodded; he slowly got off of Taemin and stood up.

                “Did you hate me that much to get rid of our child? It was our child, how could you?!” Minho could only see red now as looked at Taemin, he didn’t want to be mad at him.

                “You should take it out on me, not your own child!” Taemin felt his head snapped to the side and the tears started to flow again. Key gasped and pushed Minho to the side to get to Taemin.

                “How dare you hit my baby! Taemin didn’t want to, it was an emerg-“ Taemin grabbed Key’s arm to stop him from talking. If this was the only way for Minho to stop looking for him, then be it.

                “Yes, I aborted our child. Hate me all you want, I didn’t want anything to do with you, including my own flesh and blood. I killed my own baby, are you happy now?! Consider this my last farewell, now please leave me alone” Taemin hugged Key and he heard the door slammed shut as Minho walked out. Changmin started to follow him to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid, he rubbed Taemin’s shoulder before leaving the apartment.

                “Baby, why didn’t you tell him? He deserves to know, you know he still loves you very much” Key gently caressed Taemin’s reddening cheek; it must hurt so much right now.

                “I don’t know anything anymore! If he did love me, then why did he play with another girl? I thought I was the only one he ever wanted, he even said I was special but the next day he goes to another girl. I don’t know what is true anymore” Taemin continued to cry, his heart hurt so much right now.

                “Taemin, why are you torturing yourself like this? You still love Minho so why won’t you admit it? As Key said, he deserves to know, you can’t let think that you meant to kill your own baby. It was an accident” Taemin shook his head; he knows what Jonghyun said was right but he just can’t be with Minho right now.

                “Appa, I know you what you are trying to do, but just give me some time. My heart hurts too much; I don’t want to risk seeing Minho with another girl or guy even though he promises to love me with all his heart. I was only his toy from the beginning, I don’t think he cares. Either way, he’ll probably find someone else to substitute me and forget me very soon” a new set of tears flowed down Taemin’s face. Both Jonghyun and Key didn’t want to see him like this but what could they do?

                “I’ll just love Minho in my own way, he doesn’t need to know” Key patted Taemin’s hair and allowed him to rest his head on his shoulder. Pretty soon Taemin fell asleep and Jonghyun carried him to his bed. Key pulled the covers over Taemin’s body and softly kissed his forehead. They quietly exited the building, leaving Taemin in the empty apartment. 

A/N 

Anyone ever watched the movie "Painted Skin"? I listened to the song from that movie while writing this chapter, it's a really beautiful song and a really good movie. Watch it if you have time