Chapter 10

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

Thanks to shineeshawol4ever for the amazing poster, everyone love it? My adorable dongsaeng made it for me! <3

 

Changmin had followed Minho back home and got into the house with him. He didn’t know why Taemin would lie to Minho about it but it wasn’t his to tell so he would have to wait for the two of them to sort it out.

                “Minho, what’s wrong with you?! Why don’t you listen to Taemin’s explanation? What if he had other reasons?” Changmin grabbed Minho’s arm but he was flung away. He had never seen Minho so angry before, Taemin meant a lot to Minho.

                “I already heard what I needed to hear. He’s a cold, heartless ! He killed our child because he’s tired of being with me. How much clearer can it be?” Minho went to his office and slammed the door. Changmin stared at the door and sighed before going back to his office. After half an hour, there a knock on the door and a maid entered the room.

                “Sir, young master asked me to pass it to you. He said you would know what to do” Changmin thanked her as he opened the envelope and took out the letter. He only read half way but he crumpled it up and stormed to Minho’s room. He slammed the door open and walk towards Minho’s desk.

                “What is the meaning of this ?! How do you expect Taemin to pay $500,000 by himself?! He could barely afford to live when he accepted this job. What do you expect him to do? Rob a bank? Become a e? You want Taemin to be tainted and then you’ll be happy? Is that what you want?” Changmin threw the letter onto the floor and glared at Minho.

                “I’ve already let him go easily since he’s been such a good . If I didn’t go easy on him, I could sue him for breaking the contract and you know how ruthless I can be right? I can easily ask the lawyer to change $500,000 to $500,000,000 and no one can do anything about it” Changmin threw the crumpled paper on the floor and slammed the door on his way out. He went back to his office and sat down on his chair.

                The letter clearly stated that Taemin could not ask for any financial assistant. If any were suspected, a 5% interest would be applied daily until entire amount is paid off. If there was no such rule, Jonghyun would’ve easily given Taemin that money in exchange for a round of rough with Key. Right now, Changmin was deciding how to tell Taemin about it and was wondering how he would take it.

                On the other side of the city, someone was ringing the bell on Taemin’s door. It took a few seconds before a very tired looking Taemin came to the door.

                “Young sir, this is from our young master. He said it was very important for me to personally deliver to you in person. Please take care of yourself, I’ll be off now” the butler bowed before leaving.  Taemin sat down on the couch and opened the envelope; it was the exact copy of what Changmin had gotten. Taemin’s hands began to shake, how was he able to find $500,000 to give back to Minho? He had barely any job experience and education to back him up. At least Jongin was still living with Changmin so he wouldn’t have to worry about him. Guess it means Taemin would have to find a job starting tomorrow.

                The next day, Jongin would bother Changmin about Taemin before obediently going to school. He was wondering whether he should let Jongin know or not, but after knowing Taemin’s situation, it might be better for him to stay in Minho’s house. He observed Minho and saw him acting as if nothing was wrong, he would get ready and go to school, then come back and stay cooped up in his office. He knew that Key would still call and visit at least once every day, it felt better knowing that Taemin wasn’t alone.

                Meanwhile, Taemin had gotten out of the house and was looking around for job openings. Most of the places that he went to were convenience stores, restaurants, and even bars but they all said that they were fully staffed and didn’t need to hire anymore for now. Taemin thanked each of them and continued his search. He thought he saw someone following him from the second place to the very last one; he turned around and saw a woman staring at him. She had a smile on her face and was quite beautiful.

                “Why are you following me? Did Minho send you? Tell him that I’m trying my best to gather money for him so please leave me alone” Taemin turned and walked away but he still felt the woman following him.

                “Excuse me, I don’t know who this Minho that you’re talking about is but since you’re in need of cash, I have the perfect job for you. My name’s Boa and I’m the owner of this little place that is currently hiring people. The starting rate is around 3-5 thousand per week, depending on how popular you are. If you are interested, you can come with me and I can give you more information about it” Boa handed Taemin a card and he hesitantly took it. 3-5 thousand per week is pretty good money and if he works hard, he might be able to get even more.

Kwon Boa

Marte Caelum, Owner

               

                It looked like a legit business so Taemin decided to take the chance for it. He followed her and entered a little restaurant, when he stepped in, there were so many boys working there. They entered her office and she closed the door.

                “Miss Boa, may I know what business you do here? How come all I see are boys and no girls?” Boa smiled as she gestured for Taemin to take a seat.

                “Do you know what a host is? This is the kind of business that I run. Don’t worry, I’m not asking you to be a e; we are much higher than they are. In my business, our hosts are treated like VIPs, the customers don’t choose them, and they choose the customers. Most of the boys out there are just regular workers, I only have about 10 hosts right now and if you want, you can be my 11th one” Taemin was shocked, he had heard about people hosts before but never had he thought he would be one.

                “Sorry, but I don’t think this is what I’m looking for.” he was about to leave when Boa stopped him.

                “I’m not telling you to sell your body. Hosts here are respected and the benefits are good. If you don’t believe me, ask any of my hosts, they would gladly tell you how it is. I have two of my top hosts, they can easily rake in 20 thousand per week and they’ve only been here for less than a year. Don’t you want to pay off your debt faster Taemin? I can help you do that” there was a knock on the door and two people came in.

                “You came at the right time. Taemin, meet my two top hosts. Jaejoong and Heechul”