Chapter 19

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

                “Minho hyung! Why would someone take Jongin!? We need to get him back!” Taemin cried as he clung onto Minho’s shirt and cried into his shirt. Minho didn’t like seeing his lover cry one bit, and he felt so helpless because he had no idea who would do this.

                “Don’t worry Minnie. I’ll bring Jongin back safe and sound” He felt Taemin nod in his embrace as he kissed the crown of Taemin’s head.

Meanwhile

                Jongin was so scared, he had no idea where he was and all he wanted was for Taemin to be by his side. All he remembered was washing his hands and when he looked up at the mirror, he saw a strange man standing beside him before everything went black.

                “Jongie?” Jongin’s ears perked up as he heard a familiar voice. Even with his eyes blindfolded, he knew exactly who it was.

                “Kyungie? Is that you?” Jongin felt soft hands untying the blindfold and he had to blink a few times due to the sudden brightness. His ears did not deceive him; it was Kyungsoo sitting in front of him.

                “Kyungie!! Jongie is so scared! Where are we?” Kyungsoo almost fell backwards as Jongin flew into his arms. Kyungsoo was here a few hours before he saw a few people bringing another boy in. He didn’t dare to approach the other boy until he was sure the men had left. As soon as he knelt down to the boy’s side, he knew it was his friend Jongin from school.

                “I’m not sure Jongie, I all heard was something about sharks before they took me away from my umma and appa. I hope they don’t feed us to the sharks!” Kyungsoo cried as he wiped his tears away. Jongin hugged his hyung and hoped that Taemin and Minho would find them very shortly, he doesn’t want to stay in this room for all his life, although he wouldn’t mind it too much if it was with Kyungsoo forever.

Minho’s house

                As soon as Minho and Taemin stepped into the house, Changmin came running to the front door.

                “Changmin hyung! What happened? Did anyone call about Jongin?” Taemin’s face paled as he saw Changmin nod and handed them an envelope.

                “This came a few minutes after they called the house” Minho opened the envelope and he tried to shield Taemin from seeing the picture but it was too late. Jongin was tied up and blindfolded on the ground and he appeared to be unconscious.

                “Oh my – hyung! Please save Jongin! He must be so scared right now; he’s all I have left!” Taemin collapsed onto the floor and continued to cry his eyes out. Minho looked through the papers and saw that there was a note attached to the picture.

                Hello Mr. Choi. I’m glad that you have received our message. This is nothing personal, not to you anyways. However, a client of ours borrowed some money from us and had no way of repaying us. It is very unfortunate that your lover’s brother is acquainted with our client’s son. If you want both of them to be returned safely, please have $10 million usd prepared by 9:00AM tomorrow. We will contact you again tomorrow as to where the drop off point would be.

                That was all to the letter and nothing else. Minho gave back the papers to Changmin and picked Taemin up from the floor.

                “Changmin hyung, please contact the President of the Bank of Korea and tell them I’ll need to speak with him immediately” To Minho, the $10 million was a small amount. It was even more worth it when he thought about Taemin in his arms.

                “Minnie, don’t worry. I’ll make sure Jongin would be back before we know it” Minho placed Taemin on the bed and he went to grab some tissue.

                “Hyung, I’m not only worried about Jongin. If the message is true, then Jongin’s friend Kyungsoo would be in trouble as well! You’ll have to save them both! Jongin would be so sad if anything happens to him” Taemin adorably rubbed his nose and sniffled a few times. Minho couldn’t help but coo over him. Just as he was about to cuddle with him in bed, Changmin knocked at the door and told Minho that the President was ready to speak with him.

                “Should we contact the police Minho? If we could catch them all, then they wouldn’t be able to harm anyone else after” Minho nodded, he didn’t want to jeopardize Jongin’s safety but he can’t let them escape after what they did today.

                “Tell the police to stay hidden as best as they can. If anything happens to Jongin, I’ll make sure the entire police force would take responsibility for it” Changmin nodded and handed Minho the phone. Minho spoke and discussed with the President about their situation. The President was very accommodating as Minho was one of their biggest clients and still is. After that, he spoke with the chief of the police force and they told Minho they would secretly send a few of their agents to their house to monitor the phone calls and for their protection. After an hour or so on the phone, Minho went back to the room and saw Taemin all tangled up in the bedsheets with his tear-streaked cheeks. Minho’s heart ached when he saw the scene; he carefully climbed in to bed as he didn’t want to wake Taemin up.

                Throughout the entire night, Taemin kept on tossing and turning. He was having nightmares about Jongin and he wasn’t able to wake up from them. Minho jolted awake from the disturbance and pulled Taemin close. He slowly removed Taemin’s shirt and pants, leaving him in only his boxers. Minho did the same to himself and pulled Taemin close to his body. He felt Taemin unconsciously nuzzling his head into Minho’s chest before he stopped moving and fell into deep sleep. Minho smiled as he held Taemin closer and pulled the blanket further up their bodies. He kissed Taemin on the top of his head as he closed his eyes and waited for the plan to take into action tomorrow.

                The next morning, Taemin woke up and he looked at the clock. It was around 7:45AM and Minho nowhere in sight. Half-asleep, Taemin walked out the bedroom and down the stairs, as he approached the living room, he saw Minho sitting on the couch, fully clothed. Sleepily and with his eyes closed, he walked towards Minho and plopped down on his lap.

                “Um...Minnie, you might want to get dressed, aren’t you cold?” Taemin shook his head, he was a bit confused. Usually Minho would just let him lie there as long as he wants. Curiously, Taemin opened his eyes and he saw 3 unfamiliar men sitting in front of him. Two of them looked away, their faces were bright red and the last one pretended to be busy and typing on his laptop maniacally. Taemin looked down and gave a loud squeal before he jumped out of Minho’s lap and ran upstairs. He could hear Minho’s laugh even in his room.

                “Hyung! Why didn’t you warn me?” Taemin pouted as he re-entered the living room, fully clothed this time” Taemin pouted as he bowed to the three men before sitting beside Minho.

                “I did Minnie, I asked if you were cold or not didn’t I?” Taemin pouted and tried to angrily glare at Minho which failed miserably after Minho quickly pecked his lips.

                “We are terribly sorry about that Mr. And Mrs. Choi. We did not mean to look at your wife” The three men bowed as they began to apologize again.

                “I-It’s okay! Take a seat, are you here to look for Jonginnie!? Did anyone call while I was still in bed? Oh god! I’m such a bad hyung! If anything happens to Jong-“ Minho stopped Taemin’s ranting with his kisses.

                “Yes, they are here for Jongin and his friend as well. The money is all ready and now are just waiting for the kindappers to call” Minho nodded, he just hope that they will call as they said so Taemin can have Jongin by his side again. After they set everything up, along with Taemin cooking breakfast for everyone, it was 5 minutes to 9:00AM. Taemin sat nervously as he tightly held onto Minho’s hand, their fingers entwined. In a few minutes, the phone rang and after with the police’s approval, Minho answered the call.

                “Hello, Choi Minho speaking” Minho took a deep breath as he waited for the person on the other side to start speaking.

                “Good morning Mr. Choi. Have you gotten the money ready? Your lover’s little brother and his friend are still in our captive. If you don’t want anything to happen to them, don’t do anything stupid” the kidnapper finally spoke. Minho heard Taemin let out a sob and he tightened the hold on his small hand.

                “Yes, I have your money ready. Let me speak with Jongin and his friend first. I want to ensure their safety before handing the money over” There were a few moments of silence until they heard a quiet and scared voice over the phone.

                “H-Hyung... are you going to save us? Kyungie and I are so scared right now. Please come quickly! Ple-“ Jongin’s voice disappeared from the phone. Taemin tried to reach for the phone and it took all of Minho’s willpower to deny Taemin that.

                “Please hyung! I want to speak with Jongie! Please” Taemin cried as he tried to climb over Minho’s body and reached for the phone.

                “Minnie, please listen to me. Calm down and let me talk to them. If you say anything wrong, Jongin, his friend and the money could all disappear” Taemin’s strength disappeared from his body.

                “You don’t love me or Jongie anymore! All you care about is your stupid money!” Taemin yelled as he pushed Minho away and ran upstairs. The three men sitting looked awkward in the living room and tried to ignore what was happening.

                “You shouldn’t upset your lover like that Mr. Choi. If you don’t follow our commands, you may lose all three of them” Minho gripped the phone hard. He wanted to run upstairs and comfort his Minnie but he can’t leave the phone right now.

                “Just tell me what you ing want and I’ll deliver it right away” Minho almost screamed into the phone. His patience was wearing thin.

                “At 11:00AM sharp, head towards XXX Plaza. At the back of plaza there’s an abandoned building. Meet us there and we’ll hand over the boys as soon as you show us the goods” Minho agreed and he threw the phone on the table before running upstairs into their bedroom.

                “Minnie...?” Minho slowly stepped into the room. He saw Taemin’s back facing him and his body was shaking, meaning that he was still sobbing.

                “Minnie, please listen to me. It’s not that I didn’t want to give you the phone, the kidnapper was finally making contact and if anything happens, they might get suspicious and end up hurting Jongin and his friend” Minho slowly placed a hand on Taemin’s shoulder and let out a sigh of relief when he didn’t push him away. He pulled Taemin’s body closer to his and rubbed his back, trying to soothe his cries and calm him down.

                “I’m s-sorry hyung, I just p-panicked and said things that I shouldn’t have said. When I heard Jongin’s voice, my heart swelled knowing that he was okay for now but when he disappeared again, my heart hurt so much. Please don’t be m-mad at me hyung, Minnie didn’t mean to yell at you” Taemin sniffled and hiccupped as he relaxed in Minho’s embrace.

                “Hyung’s not mad at your Minnie, I was just worried that you would over think things and do something that might hurt yourself. That’s why I want you to stay home today Minnie. I don’t want you to leave the house just in case something happens. We are trying our best to get Jongin back, I don’t want anything to happen to you too” Taemin tried to interrupt but Minho stopped him with a deep kiss.

                “Please promise me that Minnie, I can’t bear to have anything happen to you as well” Taemin nodded as he nuzzled his head into Minho’s neck and let the remaining tears flow down his cheeks before wiping them away. After cuddling for an hour or so, the Changmin came to their room and told Minho that it was time to leave.

                “Don’t worry Minnie, I’ll bring Jongin back and we’ll be safe forever and ever” Taemin nodded as he kissed Minho one more time before releasing him and letting him out of the room. Minho went into the living room and talked with the police before grabbing the money filled briefcase and headed out the door. Just before he got into the car, Minho asked one of the maids to check if Taemin was all right. She came back down and said that Taemin was sleeping on the bed and she didn’t want to wake him up. Minho nodded and he got into the car and headed off with the police towards the plaza.

                Just about they were half way to their destination; they heard a thump and a small groan of pain from the back trunk. They stopped the car and opened the trunk only to realize that Taemin was hiding under the blanket with his fluffy hair sticking out.

                “Minnie, I thought I told you to stay home” Minho said as he gently removed the blanket and saw Taemin’s blushing face.

                “I want to stay with you, if anything happens I want to be able to protect you” Minho chuckled, Taemin was so tiny.

                “It’s too late to head back so Mrs. Choi will have to stay in the car while we are dealing with the kidnapper” Taemin nodded as he climbed into the backseat and sat with Minho while the police sat at the front. After 10 more minutes, they arrived at the abandoned building and Taemin stayed in the car while Minho and the police quietly got in. Minho walked through the entrance by himself while the police stayed by the side and tried to find another way in without exposing their presence. Taemin watched nervously in the car, he couldn’t see into the building and his heart began to beat faster as Minho disappeared from view.

                “Nice to finally meet you Mr. Choi, you are very punctual as expected, I like that” one man finally revealed himself and Minho assumed him to be the leader of the loan sharks.

                “Where are the boys? I want to make sure they are safe before I hand over the money to you” Minho demanded as he opened the briefcase to prove that he actually do have the money with him. The leader nodded and two men pushed forward two boys and an older man.

                “Jongin, are you and your friend okay?” Jongin’s head shot up as he heard a familiar voice.

                “Hyung! Jongie and Kyungie are okay!” Minho nodded and he handed over the money. The leader opened the briefcase and was satisfied that he was able to get the entire amount. The men pulled Jongin and the other boy up and untied them. Jongin held onto Kyungsoo’s hand and pulled him towards Minho. He embraced the both of them and was so glad that both of them are unharmed.

                “Appa!” Kyungsoo yelled as the older man was dragged in front of the leader.

                “Unfortunately, I can only release the two boys. This client of mine used my trust and tried to betray me as well. He has to go” with that said, he pulled out a gun and shot the man straight through the head. Minho quickly covered Kyungsoo’s and Jongin’s eyes and pulled them close to their body. They did not need to see this. With the gunshot ringing through the air, the police came out of their hiding spot and aimed their guns at the criminals.

                “Don’t move and put your hands in the air!” Immediately shots were fired and Minho quickly got down and brought him and the two boys behind a pile of boxes.

                “You boys stay here until it`s safe! Bullets have no eyes and I don`t want any harm to come to you guys” Minho said as he tried to see what was happened on the other side. He heard sniffles and saw Jongin trying to comfort Kyungsoo. He just saw his appa get shot right in front of him, it’s going to be hard for him for a little while. All of a sudden, Minho felt a soft hand on his shoulder and was almost about to punch the person until he saw the doe eyes.

                “Minnie! I thought I told you to stay in the car!” Taemin didn’t answer as he pulled Jongin and Kyungsoo in for a tight and warm hug.

                “Jongie! I thought I would never see you again! I’m so glad both of you are safe!” Both Jongin and Kyungsoo sniffled and sobbed as they clung tightly onto Taemin’s shirt.

                “Minnie, we’ll try to run out of the building as soon as the police say it’s safe. The criminals might shoot one of us” Taemin nodded as he held tightly onto one of Minho’s hand and prayed that nothing will happen to any of them. After a few more minutes, the gunshots died down and an officer approached them and with a few others, they started to run out of the building. A shot was fired but Minho didn’t look back, he just assumed that it was shot by the police towards the criminals.

                Finally, they reached the car and all of them were ushered in. Jongin and Kyungsoo climbed into the back while Minho and Taemin sat near the middle. They were so glad that it was finally over and now they could go home.

                “Hyung...” Taemin weakly said as he looked up at Minho. His breathing was laboured and his face was pale. Minho looked down and saw the state that his Minnie was in.

                “Are you okay, Minnie? What’s wrong?” Minho pulled Taemin into his arms and gasped when he felt something warm and wet on his hands.

                “We need to go to the hospital!” Minho screamed as he placed his hands over Taemin’s side and applied pressure, trying to stop the bleeding. Taemin was whimpering and his breathing was getting shallow.

                “Keep your eyes open for hyung, Minnie. Look at me, we have Jongin back now, you need to stay awake” Taemin smiled as his eyes went to the back of the car. Jongin and Kyungsoo both had scared expressions on their face while holding hands tightly.

                Finally they are safe and back with us

 

A/N Finally back guys lol been away from this story for so long! Might be some very minor kaisoo in this story but they are only 8 and 9 years old. Maybe a few innocent kisses and such? xD