Subject 310117

-~*~ My Fic Recommendations ~*~-

Author: chocolatemilk90

Super Junior

Characters/Main Pairing: Eunhae, Super Junior members and mentions of EXO and SHINee 

Themes: Post-apocalyptic world, future/alternate universe.

 

 

Description

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Year: 3017

Status: Apocalyptic 

 

Link: Subject 310117

 


 

My thoughts: A new find of mine, I only discovered this story yesterday and it had me good and hooked by the end of the first paragraph! (I know there's not much of a description in the description so if you don't mind, I'll just add a little more detail here- hope I do it justice author-ssi!)

It's the year 3017 and the world as we know it has ceased to exist following an apocalyptic explosion of a biochemical nuclear bomb. The nuke caused horrifying mutations in the majority of humans who survived the initial blast, turning them beast like and ridding them of their humanity. They're basically zombies but more powerful and terrifying. Little pockets of human civilisation survive in military barracks and Hyukjae is a young lieutenant colonel in the biggest one. Cold and ruthless he is brilliant at what he does until one day a team bring in a survivor from the outside who turns life in the barracks upside down.  

So the world has pretty much turned into I Am Legend/World War Z with a touch of Children of Men. People are desperate and you can really sense that constant tension in this story, (but don't worry, there's still plenty of humour too) certain elements remind me of old Nazi techniques and thinking which only brings out the seriousness of the situation more and yet you can still feel it's the future there. A good bonus is that the author seems to know what they're talking about when it comes to the medical/research side of things (this coming from a Biochemistry student), making things even more realistic and easy to imagine. A lot of the time I even forget it's fanfiction and imagine it as more of a Sci-Fi film instead it's so well written.