Chapter 3: She’s my Beautiful Girl

It all started with a broken heart.

The sun was peeking through Doojoon’s curtains. As the warmness touched his gentle skin, he felt like he wanted to wake up. There was a sweet aroma in the kitchen but he didn’t mind coz he thought that it was only his imagination. As soon as he fixed the couch (Well, he slept on the couch...), he proceeded to his room where Yuri was supposed to be sleeping. But what did he see? A made up bed (Hmm...He didn’t see anything like this in months!) and a small paper on the neat bed. Doojoon sat at the corner of the bed and he took a peek at the letter. It was from Yuri.

Doojoon-ah!

Good Morning! I’m sorry but I couldn’t stay any longer...It’s kinda embarrassing to stay in a guy’s place. I mean, we have just met yesterday, right? Well, we’ve met a lot of times but yesterday was our best meeting. ^^

I used your kitchen too...I cooked breakfast for you and I made coffee...I hope you like it!

Yuri. ;)

A smile was plastered on Doojoon’s face as he quickly ran into the dining room.

-------------

She tried to be as sneaky as possible but it was too late. Taeyeon caught a quick glimpse of Yuri tiptoeing into Jessica’s, Yoona’s, and her room.

“Yuri-ssi! Where were you?” asked Taeyeon, arms folded.

“Unnie...I was just...Uh...jogging?!” explained Yuri in a high-pitched voice.

“Alright...There’s food in the kitchen!” said Taeyeon as Yuri closed the door without a care.

The two girls were there staring at her menacingly and asked the same question Taeyeon did.

“Where were you?”

“Aish...I went jogging!”

“Without me?!” Tiffany blurted out from the door and took a seat next to Jessica on the bed.

“What do you mean? You look perfectly fine!” exclaimed Yuri.

“Me?! Fine?! Oh, c’mon! I look fat now!” Tiffany pouted as she eyed her VERY lean body.

“Pfsh. Whatever Tiffany...”

Seohyun then closed the door and huddled up into the group.

“Okay, Taeyeon unnie is taking a bath so what are we talking about now?!”

The five have always been close to each other ever since they have dated the SHINee guys...Well, except for Yuri. Now that she broke up with Minho, her world just still seems missing something. Well, as for the four left, they have been dating some of the Super Junior guys and some were dating from DBSK.

“So...How are you with Minho?” asked Jessica to Yuri.

Yuri almost fell while she was stacking the book on a high shelf.

“Well...We’re over...” mumbled Yuri.

“WHAT?!” they screamed in unison.

“Shh~! Keep it down, guys! Sunny unnie’s gonna hear us!” Seohyun calmed them down.

“What do you mean ‘We’re Over’?!” asked Tiffany in a screaming yet quiet tone.

“We broke up.”

“WHY?!”

“Coz he thought that I was cheating on him with Nichkhun...You remember the CF where I was supposed to kiss him and after that....Well, he spread rumors that I was dating him but it was never true!” explained Yuri.

“You want me to kick that guy’s as—“ Seohyun’s sentence was cut when they all saw Hyoyeon barge into the room, screaming and yelling happily.

“OMO!!! HE PROPOSED TO ME!!! EUNHYUK AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!” Hyoyeon shouted with the other girls and jumped high on the bed.

“BWOH?!”

“CHINCHAEYO?!”

“You guys are getting married?!”

They were all full of questions, but one thing’s for sure...They were all happy for the engaged couple.

After a lot of chatting, smiling, jumping, and screaming, the girls finally calmed down and went back to their own places. Jessica and Yoona, reading their pocketbooks; Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Sunny with their eyes glued to the TV; Hyoyeon, talking on the phone with his fiancé; Tiffany and Seohyun preparing lunch; and Yuri, rolling back and forth on the wide bed.

“Aish…Eotteokhae?” mumbled Yuri to herself.

Today was the annual Seoul Lantern Festival and Yuri didn’t want to waste the day. It was a perfect day to stroll around the streets of Seoul and see the little kids play their cheery games. So, after a lot of rolling on the bed, Yuri finally made up her mind. She decided to go to the park and feel what Seoul really is.

She explored her closet and found a mini dress with a Tweety bird design on it. It was white and blue and it was also seen on various pictures on the net. It was the perfect girly look. Because she was lazy, she kept her hair down and for her disguise, she put on a black-framed eyeglasses.

“Unnie~! I’m going somewhere!” Yuri bid goodbye to Taeyeon who was in the living room.

“Don’t forget your glasses!” Taeyeon shouted back.

“Nae, unnie!”

After using the elevator to go down 33 floors, she opened the huge glass doors and the breeze just made her day.

She walked down the sidewalk and so far, she hasn’t been crowded with people. YET. Even though people had recognized her, she just bowed down.

The people respected her and treated her just like an ordinary Korean citizens. After the stress of walking too much, Yuri sat down on a bench at the park.

“Aish…Why did I even wear killer heels?” mumbled Yuri to herself as she exercised her feet to get ready for another walk. While sitting, she noticed a crowd’s cheer.

“Omona…What’s going on?”

Yuri walked to the crowd of people chanting random names in front of an open stage. It was hard to recognize them coz they were wearing different clothes. People were screaming and shouting and they all started shutting their mouths when the music started playing.

“Beautiful, my girl…”

The music slowly flowed in Yuri’s ears and went through her heart.

“Geunyang nuneul gamgo nae mam deureobwa bwa...Oh listen, listen, listen girl!”

She now recognized them…It’s BEAST!

Doojoon was dancing on stage…And while they were doing the chorus part, he roamed his laser-like eyes and found his ‘Beautiful Girl’. While the members did the original choreography, Doojoon pointed out to Yuri and winked at her.

Yuri blushed and smiled as she continued to observe their dance. ‘Wow…I didn’t know they make good music?’

At the end of the song (The part where they bowed), Doojoon flashed a smile to Yuri and headed down the stage.

They went somewhere far from the crowd and sat on a bench.

“What are you doing here?” asked Doojoon with a surprised tone.

“I don’t know. I guess I just wanted to go out…” said Yuri as a smile played on .

The space in between them was just awkward but they really wanted it that way so they just kept silent. Doojoon noticed Yuri’s legs shivering so he offered her his blue jacket.

“Here…”

“Huh?”

“Use my jacket…” said Doojoon.

“Thanks…”

While they were walking in the park, the other members of Beast hid behind the big wide fence and spied on them.

“So that’s why hyung didn’t respond to my calls last night…” mumbled Dongwoon to Yo Seob.

“Hmph. So he left me for Yuri?” said Yo Seob sarcastically.

Junhyung hit him right in the head. “Pabo.”

“If they were dating, shouldn’t they hold hands and kiss and those couple things couples do?” Hyunseung asked them.

“Only heaven knows if they’re dating…” said Gikwang.

-------------

“Should we eat here?” asked Doojoon to Yuri while pointing to a restaurant.

“Sure!”

It was a casual restaurant that can be seen in the streets.

Yuri and Doojoon sat across each other on the floor since the table is low-lying. They ordered Samgyeopsal and Kimchi as always and a bottle of water.

“It’s cold, isn’t it?” said Doojoon, trying to get Yuri into a simple conversation.

“It is…Oh, do you want to take your jacket back? Here…” said Yuri as she tried to the jacket.

“No, no! It’s okay…You could wear that as long as you want to.” stated Doojoon.

It was fine for him because he was wearing the long-sleeved blue polo he wore during the MV of G.NA’s ‘I’ll back off so you could live better’.

They had a nice chat together and Doojoon asked for her number.

“Yuri…Can I have your…You know…Your number?” asked Doojoon.

“Okay…” Yuri got Doojoon’s phone and typed in her number and took a pic of herself for the caller’s image. Doojoon also did the same and posed cutely during the pic-taking.

After eating, they walked together and surprisingly, Doojoon bought Yuri a pair of Converse shoes coz she kept on walking weirdly with her killer heels. It was 6PM and Yuri noticed that the clouds are getting gray, so, Doojoon took her home, But unexpectedly, the rain poured.

“It’s raining…” mumbled Yuri as they went to a taxi stand for shield.

“C’mon!” said Doojoon as he got down and offered Yuri a piggy-back ride.

“Huh?”

“Well, I don’t want you and your new shoes to splash in the puddles.” stated Doojoon with a giggle.

Yuri climbed onto his back and Doojoon ran into the rain. “We’re getting so wet~!”

Doojoon grabbed Yuri’s hands so that she won’t fall.

“Doojoon-ah, am I heavy?” asked Yuri as he looked at Doojoon’s face from the side.

“Nah…It’s cool.”

 “I want to go down now.” said Yuri softly.

“Alright.”

Yuri jumped out of his back and grabbed Doojoon’s hand.

“It’s raining~!” screamed Yuri loudly.

Doojoon smiled at her silliness and tightened his grabbed onto her hand. Now, they were walking with their hands held onto each other.

“Thanks for walking me home, Doojoon. You really made me smile today!” Yuri thanked Doojoon and hugged him under the rain.

Doojoon was really surprised so he hugged her too.

“Just give me a call when you’re down so that I could change your frown!” said Doojoon with a smile.

“Bye, Doojoon!” Yuri waved goodbye to him while walking inside the building.

Doojoon gave another smile and waved at Yuri who was dripping water all over the face.

“I just found my beautiful girl.”