Chapter 2: The soft side of the Beast

It all started with a broken heart.

“Huh? Where am I?”

Yuri’s eyes scanned around the place and she noticed that she was lying on a bed!

Doojoon knocked on the door and opened it. “Hey…How ya feeling?”

“Doojoon-ssi?!”

Doojoon smiled softly as he stood closer to the bed.

“I saw you kneeling on the road while it was raining and you were shivering…So, I got you in my car and let you sleep in my room…But, don’t worry…Nothing happened…” Doojoon explained briefly.

“Oh...Do you know what time is it?” asked Yuri softly.

“Umm... It’s 7:30PM.” said Doojoon as he faced the clock.

“By any chance...Do you want to have dinner now?” suggested Doojoon.

Yuri gave him a soft smile and she quickly stood up from the bed.

“Oh, and go change your clothes...I don’t want you to get a cold from your wet clothes.” said Doojoon as he gave her an oversized tee and some shorts.

While Yuri was washing up, Doojoon placed the food he prepared on the low table which was near the TV.

Yuri finally showed up with an oversized tee and sat on the floor with poise. She was surprised that there were lots of foods on the table. There were: Bulgogi, Samgyeopsal, Manduguk, Ramyeon, Kimchi, and two bowls of rice.

“Shall we eat?” asked Doojoon with his bright smile.

“Yep!”

As they picked their chopsticks, Yuri couldn’t decide on what to eat. There were just lots to choose from!

“Taste the manduguk...It’s good for you...” said Doojoon while passing the soup bowl to her.

“Oh, k-kamsahamnida, Doojoon-ssi.” Yuri bowed to him politely.

“Hey...There’s no need for formal greetings. Just call me Doojoon.” Doojoon stuck out his hand for a hand shake and Yuri put the bowl on the table and shook his hand.

“Arasseo, Doojoon!”

As Yuri ate the food Doojoon had prepared for her, she paused for a while. Doojoon noticed her and he was nervous.

‘Oh God…Why did she stop?! . I think she hates my cooking. Stupid Doojoon! You should have just bought take-outs! STUPID!’ Well, Doojoon was mentally slapping himself at the possible thought of Yuri not liking his cooking.

As unexpected, the young lady smiled brightly and started to eat more.

“How’s it?” Doojoon asked calmly. (But deep inside, he’s really panicking).

“It’s great!” again, she smiled.

Doojoon really admires her cheerful smile. Her adorable face, her ebony black hair, her petite nose, her kissable lips. They were all the reason why Doojoon liked her. But it’s not only the looks that Doojoon goes crazy about with. Her charming personality, her crazy yet attractive actions when she guest stars on a certain show and her kind attitude. It only makes Doojoon melt when he thinks of it.

“You have a beautiful smile…” complimented Doojoon.

Yuri blushed madly and giggled. “Thanks…” she replied.

To change the topic, Yuri started off with asking about what’s happening in his life.

“So…How are you and the band?”

“Well, I’m fine. Actually, I’m more than fine coz SNSD’s Black Pearl is eating with me!” They both laughed at the statement.

“How about your band mates?”

“They’re fine too. Dongwoon’s English is good now and Yoseob is with Hyunseung in Japan and Gikwang and Junhyung are somewhere in Korea.”

“Aww…Well I hope they’re doing great. Especially Dongwoon…I’d love to learn English but I don’t have the patience and the willing to.”

Doojoon laughed at Yuri’s saying. “Really?”

“Yeah...”

He kept laughing more and more. He was cracking up right now. “Oh c’mon, Yuri! Don’t you even know the basics?”

“YAH! I know how to greet people in English!”

Yuri showed him his English skills and apparently, she was better than him. The night ended well and Doojoon invited her to sleep in his room coz it was very late for a lady to walk outside. But before they went to sleep, they watched some random Korean dramas.

“Oppa! Saranghaeyo~” The girl was on her balcony when she made a heart and pointed to the random guy which Doojoon found interesting.

The guy showed his pearly whites to the girl and it somewhat reminded Yuri about Kim Kibum of Super Junior.

The guy left smiling and went into his car. Now, the girl was blushing madly and she thought that her day was just amazing! So, as what girls do, she wrote her day on a diary.

2010.27.09

Dear Diary,

OMONA~! Minhyuk oppa and I just went to the movies and we spent the whole day strolling at the park, eating street foods...Ya know! Just what every couple does... After having a relaxing day with my Oppa, we had a dinner date at some fancy restaurant. Like every women in the restaurant were staring at me and my plain old tee and denim jeans! It’s a good GREAT thing to have Minhyuk Oppa by my side...He’s always there for me! That’s why I love my Oppa!

민혁+ 은희 = 사랑

--정은희

The drama ended and Yuri’s jaw dropped.

“Aigoo~ Aren’t they sweet?” asked Doojoon.

“Eh? You’re interested in Korean Dramas?! I thought you were BEAST?! B-E-A-S-T?!”

“Yuri...A guy should have entertainment...And the only entertainment I could have is watching dramas...” stated Doojoon.

“Arasseo...Good night, Doojoon!” Yuri tucked herself into bed.

“Goodnight, Yuri...Have a good dream...” and the door shut.