Chapter 4

Not Exactly Human

 

"Sunggyu-hyung?" Dongwoo was trying to write out the alphabet. Sunggyu hummed in reply, looking up from his work to look at what the machine wanted.
 
"Why do I have to practice breathing and blinking?" The question startled Sunggyu, not expecting something like that to be asked. 
 
"Why don't I need to sleep? Why don't I have a heart beat like you, Sunggyu? I can hear it from my room, your heart beat. Why don't I have that?" pouted Dongwoo, scratching his head with his pencil, looking at Sunggyu, wanting an answer.
 
Sunggyu coughed a little, and started to busy himself with his paper work. "W-Well Dongwoo, you're not like a normal human being. That's why I have to teach you to blink, and breathe, and behave like a normal human being."
 
"So what am I? Weird?" Dongwoo asked, his eyes saddening by the second.
 
"No! Of course not Dongwoo, you're very much special." Sunggyu said, nodding his head, looking Dongwoo straight in the eyes.
 
Dongwoo's eyes lit up, if that was even possible for a machine, and he went back to his work. Sunggyu sighed in relief, and began to write his report also.
 
"Sunggyu-hyung?" In which Sunggyu hummed in reply, once again.
 
"Will I never be able to feel what love really is, hyung?" Dongwoo's voice barely came out in a whisper, but Sunggyu heard it all.
 
"Dongwoo, why are you asking so many questions? Get back to writing!"
 
"But hyung, answer me honestly. Whenever you're around me, I can feel your heart beating rapidly. Is that because hyung likes me? I want to feel the same way hyung feels about me. I want to be a normal human being, hyung. So I can know how it feels to love you." Dongwoo said, sighing a little. He never looked up at Sunggyu while he said all this, he just continued to write the alphabet as though this was completely normal to tell another.
 
Sunggyu couldn't help feeling the room get ten times hotter, scowling at himself as he felt the blush spawn over his cheeks. Sunggyu coughed lightly, and cleared his throat. He didn't answer the machine, and the machine didn't expect a reply either. Sunggyu mentally slapped himself. 
 
 
--
author's note:
this is short. :c i'm working on the next chapter!!