Chapter 3

Not Exactly Human

Sunggyu finally decided that Dongwoo was literally a baby. It hadn't even been an hour since Sunggyu tried to teach Dongwoo how to say his own name, but Dongwoo just sat there, blinking, and at times, carelessly looking everywhere at his surroundings. Sunggyu groaned in frustration, and started slamming his head continously against the table.

 
That was, until he heard a very loud, rather obnoxious, laugh coming from in front of him. Slowly, he picked his head up to see the pink-haired machine laughing away. 
 
"Hyung, do you really think I'm that stupid?" 
 
Sunggyu stared at him, eyes widening as much as it could, soon turning into a glare.
 
"Yah, Jang Dongwoo! If you knew how to speak, why would you make me spend almost an hour with you trying to teach you how to say your name?!" 
 
Dongwoo's only response was, "Because I thought it'd be fun." 
 
Sunggyu groaned and facepalmed himself, turning away from Dongwoo.
 
This brat.
 
--
 
It's been two weeks since Dongwoo was first started up, and Sunggyu was convinced, and pretty sure, that the two scientists DID in fact accidentally put love into Dongwoo, or just too much happy. No matter what, Dongwoo was smiling like crazy. Sunggyu didn't really have a problem with that, but he knew if the scientists saw Dongwoo so happy every single day, they'd end him from then and there. Fortunately, they were never really in the laboratory, and they never really checked up on Dongwoo, leaving the work to Sunggyu.
 
Sunggyu lived with the scientists and Dongwoo. The laboratory was somewhere far from the city, and very much excluded from everyone else. The scientists let Sunggyu live with them because he was there intern, and also because he knew about there machine, Dongwoo, which was supposed to be top secret.
 
--
 
It's been 2 months since Dongwoo was finally started up, and Sunggyu felt uneasy at how clingy Dongwoo was to him. They spent every single day with each other, and Dongwoo treated Sunggyu like his very own girlfriend. Sunggyu was required to spend his days with Dongwoo, but he wasn't complaining. 
 
Dongwoo would always watch Sunggyu as he worked on his research paper, and Dongwoo would always drag Sunggyu with him when he had to make his usual jog around the pond near the lab. Dongwoo would always make sure Sunggyu doesn't stay up so late doing work, and Dongwoo would always make sure that Sunggyu was warm at night, and occasionally brought extra blankets for him.
 
It was one day when Dongwoo's question made Sunggyu drop his pen whilst writing.
 
"W-What?" questioned Sunggyu, not wanting to look up from his work.
 
"What is love, hyung?" A simple question, with a simple answer. But Dongwoo wasn't just SIMPLE.
 
"Love is, uh, when someone wants to spend everyday with a person and they can't stop thinking of them, and yeah." muttered Sunggyu, grabbing at his pen to resume his work. 
 
"Oh, so that means I love you, Sunggyu hyung!" laughed a cheerful Dongwoo, and he got up from his chair and walked away as though it was the simplest thing ever.
 
Sunggyu was torn between disbelief and shock. He will honestly admit that spending time with Dongwoo made him happy, happier than he'd ever been before. But he thought about Dongwoo, and he'd remember that Dongwoo was supposed to kill. Dongwoo is finally taking lessons on fighting and using guns, and soon Dongwoo would be off into the military. Sunggyu realized that it'll be another month and then Dongwoo would be leaving. Sunggyu taught Dongwoo all he had to know. He taught him how to pretend to breathe, and helped him to walk normally like a human, and not in a robotic manner. Sunggyu raised him like his own son, but his feelings for him weren't fatherly. 
 
Though there time together was short, Sunggyu grew some sort of attachment to the machine. Yes, the machine. Sunggyu still had to get it through his head that Dongwoo was only just a machine, and machine that wasn't supposed to "love" or know HOW to "love." Dongwoo wasn't a human being, so when Dongwoo said he loved Sunggyu, Sunggyu knew deep inside that Dongwoo will never get those butterfly feeling deep within his stomach, and he only said that because the only person Dongwoo has ever came in contact with was Sunggyu. So Sunggyu ignored the heart breaking feeling inside of him as he watched Dongwoo skip out, yelling that he was going to bring Sunggyu some water, and he continued to work on his research paper. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--
AUTHOR'S NOTE: i'm not proud of this chapter either. only at the end did i really start to feel somewhat "proud" of my work. im sowwy this isnt my best D: