Chapter Two

Hiding from the Rain

 

When Hoya got home from the meeting, he had a huge smile on his face. He couldn’t wait to tell everyone that he got the part in the drama. Acting may not have been something he thought of doing when he first debuted, but after watching others push Infinite’s name to the public, he knew this could be his chance to help them become more popular.

 

“Hyung?” Hoya called out while he took his shoes off by the front door. “Sunggyu hyung?”

 

“Hoya?” Sunggyu came running out of his room. “Did you get it?”

 

“I got it!” Hoya yelled as the older ran over and hugged him. “I’m gonna be an actor!”

 

“What’s going on out here?” Myungsoo walked into the living room while rubbing his eyes since he just woke up from a nap.

 

“I got the part!” Hoya lifted his script to show the boy who just walked in.

 

Myungsoo suddenly looked more awake, “Really? You did? We should celebrate! Guys! Hoya’s an actor now!”

 

Suddenly the rest of Infinite flooded into the room to congratulate him. Everyone was fighting to hug the dancer and trying to give him advice all at the same time, resulting in all the members kind of yelling. And even though he couldn’t really understand everyone, Hoya tried to take in as much advice as he could.

 

“Guys, let the kid breathe,” Their manager laughed when he walked into the apartment and noticed all the members practically attacking Hoya. “How about you all go get dressed and I’ll take you out to dinner to celebrate?”

 

The boys once again burst out in excitement, but this time they quickly dispersed back to their rooms, calling out to try and set an order for the shower. Hoya, meanwhile, sat down on the couch and let out a sigh. He knew a lot of people were going to be surprised once they start watching the drama and realize his character is gay, but how was his band going to react?

 

He expected Sunggyu to be touched because the older was currently in the closet, but suddenly a scary thought hit Hoya. What if one of the members reacted badly? Hoya could take it because he wasn’t really gay, only his character was. But if one of the guys had a bad reaction in front of Sunggyu, it would devastate their leader.

 

Hoya sighed, he did not think this through.

 

“Why do you look so down?” Sunggyu collapsed on the couch next to Hoya. “Shouldn’t you be excited?”

 

“I am excited,” Hoya assured the older. “But I have to warn you about something. My chara-“

 

“Guys! I’m hungry!” Woohyun came out of nowhere and threw his body over their laps on the couch. “Feed me.”

 

“Just wait for everyone else,” Sunggyu laughed and lightly hit the younger. He then turned his attention back to Hoya, “Now tell me what’s wrong?”

 

“Wrong?” Woohyun looked up from where his head was resting comfortably on Sunggyu’s lap. “What’s wrong? You should be happy! You just landed a role people would kill for.”

 

“I am happy, don’t get me wrong. It’s just,” Hoya took a deep breath. He had planned to tell everyone all together but maybe individually was the answer. That way, Sunggyu wouldn’t have to see a negative reaction. “I’m just nervous. I’ve never acted like this before.”

 

“You’re gonna do great.”  Dongwoo came out of nowhere to comfort the younger dancer. “You have nothing to worry about. They wouldn’t have chosen you if they didn’t think you could do it.”

 

“I know, it’s just, well-“

 

“You’re gay?” A confused voice broke into their conversation, making everyone confused.

 

Hoya jumped up immediately, pushing off Woohyun’s legs and running over to the lanky boy. “Sungyeol? Why do you have that?”

 

“It was just sitting on the table,” Sungyeol shrugged and handed the script back to Hoya. “I was just looking at it. But is it true? You’re playing a gay guy? A guy in love with his straight best friend?”

 

The dancer nodded, “Yeah. I was gonna tell you guys later, but I guess I can’t hide it now.”

 

“Why?” Myungsoo seemed to pop out of nowhere. “You don’t need to hide it Hoya. It’s just a role.”

 

“I guess,” Hoya tried looking at Sunggyu, but with the way they were arranged around the room, Woohyun was blocking the dancer’s view of their leader. “I just wasn’t sure how you’d all react.”

 

“Hoya, it’s not like you’re coming out after all this time,” Dongwoo chuckled.

 

“Don’t say it like that,” The youngest appeared from the hallway. “Even if he was coming out after all this time, it wouldn’t be a bad thing. We would still support him.”

 

“I didn’t mean that it’d be a bad thing.” Dongwoo shook his head, “I just meant that he doesn’t need to be worried since it’s his character who’s gay, not him.”

 

“Won’t that be weird?” Woohyun spoke up with a weird look on his face. “Are you gonna have to kiss a guy? Because I don’t want to see that.”
 

“As of right now no kiss scene,” Hoya replied. “But I’ve only read the scripts for the first few episodes.”

 

“You know rumors are gonna start, right?” Woohyun asked, not noticing how awkward the leader was behind him.

 

“So? They’re just rumors, Hyung.” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Aren’t there already rumors of all of us being gay? And as for a kiss scene, you do fanservice all the time with the members, what’s different about a guy kissing a guy?”

 

“It just seems weird.” Woohyun shivered. “Don’t you think so, Gyu?”

 

“I think Hoya’s gonna be great in the drama.” Sunggyu stood up with a smile and walked over to Hoya. “Who cares if there are rumors or Woohyun is too squeamish to watch it. We are all proud of you, so let’s go celebrate.”

 

“I agree with Gyu Hyung.” Myungsoo wrapped an arm around the leader’s shoulders. “Let’s eat. I’m starving.”

 

“Just let me grab a jacket.” Sunggyu managed to escape from under Myungsoo’s arm and head to his room.

 

Hoya quickly followed, going quietly so he didn’t attract the attention of any of the other members. “Hyung? Can I talk to you for a second?”

 

“Sure,” Sunggyu nodded as he went through his rack of jackets to find his favorite leopard print hoodie.

 

“Do you think you can help me?” Hoya sat down on the older’s bed.

 

Sunggyu turned towards Hoya with a look of confusion on his face, “Me? I don’t think I’ll be able to help you. Sungyeol or Myungsoo would probably be better.”

 

“No, only you could help me.” Hoya cut him off. “I know we haven’t talked much in the past about, you know? So I was wondering if we could talk about everything because, well, you’re the only guy I know who-“


Hoya stopped talking when Sunggyu flew across the room to cover the dancer’s mouth with his hand. “Don’t talk about that so loudly.”
 

The younger pulled the older’s hand away, “Sorry. But do you think we could talk soon?”

 

“Howon,” Sunggyu gave the younger a bright smile and ruffled his hair, “Of course we can talk about it. I’ll do anything to help you with this. But not right now. Now, let’s eat.”

 

Just as Sunggyu was about to leave the room to join the rest, Hoya spoke up again. “Hyung, has it ever happened to you?”

 

“Hm?” Sunggyu stayed by the door but turned his attention to the dancer.

 

“I was just asking, have you ever fallen for a straight guy? Because my character has and just by reading the script it seems horrible.” Hoya replied. He had felt so much pity for his character after reading the script because this boy was madly in love with his best friend but couldn’t say anything because he was so afraid of the reaction and losing his best friend.  And it made Hoya feel horrible that there was a chance Sunggyu felt that yet had no one to talk to because Hoya had such a bad reaction when the older came out.

 

Sunggyu gave Hoya a sad smile, “Like I said, we can talk about it later. Now come on, let’s eat.”

 

 

 

 

hey all. sorry this has taken so long to get out but school is turning evil and i keep getting sick. but i'm gonna do my best to update more often! promise~

Thanks for reading!!^^