Chapter Eleven

Hiding from the Rain

“Do you think Hoya has been acting a little weird lately?” Sunggyu wondered out loud after the rapper in question left to go pick up food with Woohyun.

 

Myungsoo shrugged. “I’m not sure. What makes you say that?”

 

“I don’t know, he’s been clingy and pouting a lot the past few weeks.” Sunggyu sighed. “But the weird thing is that he smiles a lot too. It’s almost like he’s bipolar or something.”

 

The younger man couldn’t help but laugh at that. “Well I don’t think he’s bipolar, maybe he just misses us because of all his filming. It’s been a while since one of us was so far away for long periods of time. We kind of just stick together.”

 

“True.” Sunggyu pondered that. Since Infinite all started training together, the members hadn’t been apart for more than two weeks, and never had everyone been together while a single person was left to fend for themselves. “But he does come back, so it’s not like he’s in Busan for a whole month without seeing us. If anything I thought he’d be happy being able to go back to his parents’ house every week.”

 

“Maybe he just likes us more than he’s willing to admit.” Myungsoo chuckled to himself. He wanted to change the word ‘us’ to ‘you’ very badly, but he didn’t want to freak Sunggyu out because there was always the possibility that the leader didn’t feel the same way about Hoya.

 

Suddenly, the subject of their conversation walked into the room and brightened up when he saw the leader and the visual. “Hey guys. What are you talking about?”

 

“Nothing much,” Myungsoo smirked, “Just how much you love us.”

 

Hoya blushed, he didn’t like the way that Myungsoo was looking at him. “Well I love Infinite but I don’t love you at all.”

 

“Aw poor Myungsoo,” Sunggyu laughed at the younger, “Maybe one day someone will love you.”

 

“Does that mean you don’t love me either?” Myungsoo gave a pout that was obviously fake. “Such a mean leader! I’m gonna find Sungyeol, at least he loves me.”

 

“It’s a lie, he loves me more!” Hoya called after the younger with a bright smile on his face. He then turned back towards the leader and saw the older looking at him with a smile. “What?”

 

“Nothing.” Sunggyu shook his head. “Just nothing.”

 

“Were you guys really talking about me before I came in?” Hoya felt kind of special to know that he was on Sunggyu’s mind a lot recently.

 

Sunggyu shrugged, “Maybe. But you’ll never know.”

 

“Oh really?” Hoya smirked before springing into action.

 

The younger managed to get behind Infinite’s leader and wrap his arms around the older boy’s neck. It wasn’t so tight that Sunggyu had to worry about being choked, but tight enough that he couldn’t shake Hoya off easily.

 

Hoya laughed as Sunggyu attempted to twist and turn his body in different directions to try and loosen the grip around his neck, but Hoya was just as determined to keep Sunggyu in his grasp so he kept moving his body with the leader’s until, somehow, Sunggyu managed to turn around yet remain in Hoya’s arms. This brought their faces mere centimeters apart. So close, Hoya could feel the older man’s breath on his lips.

 

“I told you.” Myungsoo’s voice startled the two into jumping apart. “Hoya loves everyone but me.”

 

Sungyeol, who had walked into the room along with Myungsoo, burst out into uncontrollable laughter. “No, now it looks like Hoya loves nobody but Sunggyu.”

 

“S-s-shut up!” Hoya stuttered at the two idiots who ruined the closest he had ever been with Sunggyu. Couldn’t they have stayed quiet just a few seconds longer? Who knows what could have happened if they just minded their own business?

 

However, when the stuttering boy looked at his partner in crime, he swore he saw a red tint on the older boy’s cheeks. And suddenly Hoya felt embarrassed, what if his cheeks were red too and everyone in the room, mainly Sunggyu, could tell?

 

“I h-have to go!” Hoya nearly shouted before bolting from the room.

 

Sunggyu watched the younger go with a look of confusion on his face, “What was that about?”

 

“I think the better question is what were you two doing in here?” Myungsoo smirked. “You guys looked like you were getting pretty cozy together.”

 

“No we weren’t, we were just playing.” Sunggyu shrugged, trying his best o act casual. “Besides what else could have been going on in here? We’re two guys.”

 

“I don’t know, you tell me.” Myungsoo wanted so badly to assure Sunggyu that liking guys was okay, but he didn’t want to freak Sunggyu out by telling him how he found out about the leader’s preference because Sunggyu was a worrier and if he knew he told someone he was gay when drunk, he would start questioning everyone he ever drank with, as well as never drink again. And sometimes, especially since he was leading six trouble makers in a popular group, Sunggyu needed a shot of soju just to relax.

 

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing.” Sunggyu said with his best leader voice. “Don’t you two need to go practice choreography or something?”

 

Myungsoo was ready to keep bothering the leader about what looked like an almost kiss with their rapper, but Sungyeol managed to speak up first. “You’re right. We should go practice, we’ll see you later.”

 

Sunggyu watched as Sungyeol dragged Myungsoo out of the room. Only once he was sure they were gone, the leader of Infinite let out a loud groan and fell onto the couch. What had just happened? And had he been imagining it or was Hoya really blushing when they jumped apart?

 

Or maybe the dancer’s face was just red from their play fight? That would make sense, sometimes when they dance too much or go running Hoya’s face will get flushed, but they weren’t fighting with each other that hard, were they?

 

Or maybe the reason Hoya blushed, and stuttered, and even ran away was because he was uncomfortable with how close he just was to Sunggyu knowing what he knew. Maybe Hoya thought the leader would suddenly kiss him or something along those lines.

 

But then that made no sense. For the past few weeks it was Hoya who was always next to Sunggyu whether the leader was taking a quick nap or in the kitchen to get food. And it wasn’t like Sunggyu grabbed the other boy’s arm and dragged him around, Hoya offered. Hoya was always there whether Sunggyu asked him to come along or not, so why was he now running away?

 

Sunggyu simply sighed. Maybe from now on he would do his best to keep some space between him and Hoya until he had everything figured out and was sure that the rapper didn’t feel uncomfortable around him. That would be for the best.

 

 

 

 

ahh i know i'm horrible, please don't kill me! i disappeared for too long and i said i'd come back, but then work came up and school started and i just haven't felt in the right mood to start writing i've learned that i'm very picky when it comes to my surroundings when i write but now i'm really really going to try and do better with this story and with Collide