Show Down

How To Save a Life

The next day of school, Ahn Ji saw the group standing next to the railing of one of the rooms. She noticed Kyung Jong staring in awe at the lights above. "Wow~ Bling!" he said as he pointed upward. Hyun Soo looked up as well but not as enthusiastically as his friend. The two plus Do Il looked down over the railing at the other students walking about.

"You seemed to be easily amused," Ahn Ji teased as she came beside Kyung Jong.

He turned his head to the group's new friend, "Mwoh?" he asked.

"I don't think he was very much listening," Hyun Soo commented with a smirk.

"Aish, this punk," Kyung Jong said as he smacked the back of Hyun Soo's head. Do Il smiled as the two began to tousle with each other.

"Quiet as ever, huh, Do Il-ah?" Ahn Ji grinned at succeeding in making the teen chuckle. Behind the group of four, Ha Jin was trying and failing to have a conversation with two girls that were on computers. Thw two reasons he was not succeeding was: A) these are Jung Sang girls we're talking about, it should be obvious how it would go down; B) Ha Jin wasn't trying as hard because his mind would keep going back to Ahn Ji.

Unexpextedly, Byung Hee came up behind Kyung Jong and lifted the smaller boy lifted up straight in the air. Poor thing was scared to death while the other grinned. Finally, Byung Hee dropped the lad back to his feet. Kyung Jong scuttled away from him and closer to Ahn Ji. Said girl wrapped her arms around him and rocked him back and forth, "Aww, poor, wittle sweet baby~" she mockingly cooed to the smaller boy.

"Yah!" Kyung Jong exclaimed as he pushed away from her. "Don't patronize me, woman!"

Ahn Ji kept up the act, "Aigoo~" she cooed as she pinched his cheeks, "now the baby's mad at me!"

Byung Hee grinned at the two before calling to the others, "Time to go!"

He walked up beside Kyung Jong and threw an arm around his shoulders, "Aish, my heart is still racing!" Kyung Jong complained as he put a hand to his chest.

"Does the baby need another hug?" Ahn Ji teased as she walked beside him.

"YAH!"


Ahn Ji followed the boys to their destination: the practice room. "Here it is, boys," Byung Hee said as they walked further into the room. Ha Jin walked in with arms spread out, as if the room were the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. As Kyung Jong walked baside the tall boy, Ha Jin found it neccessary to push Kyung Jong's head aside. In retaliation, Kyung Jong aimed a weak kick to Ha Jin's rump. Hyun Soo dropped himself in a chair and reclined his head back.

"What'd I say?" Ha Jin asked rhetorically. "I knew a school like this would have this kinda room!"

Byung Hee popped the back of his head, "When did you say that?"

"It's as slick as it looked on the internet!" Kyung Jong grinned.

"What'd you expect," Ahn Ji questioned. "A run down building with foil covering the windows? That would be a disgrace to the staff, students, and principal at this school."

"I wish we could a bling bling practice room like this," Kyung Jong commented.

Hyun Soo lightly hit him, "Wae? Couldn't we just use this one?"

They all turned their heads to stare at Ahn Ji. She looked at each of the for a second with a look of surprise, "Well, I mean, I'm pretty sure students are allowed... Strawberry Fields uses it all the time."

Byung Hee raised an eyebrow, "They wouldn't just keep us from using it?"

She looked at him blankly, "That really wouldn't be fair."

"I doubt they would care," Ha Jin threw in.

"She has a point," Hyun Soo said in agreement. "We go here, so why would they stop only us?"

"What are you doing?" Pyo Joo questioned as he and the rest of Strawberry Fields walked in. "Why are you in here?"

"Oh, just a little sight seeing," Ahn Ji retorted.

"Get out," he ordered.

"Wae?" Kyung Jong questioned with a smirk. "Does this room belong to you?"

"Yeah," Ahn Ji added, "last time I checked," she walked up in his face, "it belonged to the school," she finished her statement with the click of her tongue.

"The school belongs to its students," Hyun Soo continued, "and we're Jung Sang High students."

"Problem?" Ahn Ji asked with an underlying tome of attitude as she tilted her head.

"I guess you didn't know," Seung Hoon sighed. "This room is only for band members."

Byung Hee turned from examining the instruments, "I am going to practice from today on."

Ma Ro stepped forward, "There is an old saying that when humans die, dolphins will rule the world."

"Honestly, Ma Ro," Ahn Ji started, gaining said teen's attention, "you may look and sound like a genius, but I always feel like you're an imbecile."

He glared at her but continued on, "Us humans are still standing, so you dolphins need to get lost."

"Was my assumption that accurate?" Ahn Ji interrogated with a smirk. "You're not even bright enough to realize out species?"

"Geurae?" Byung Hee asked. "Then you guys go dolphin-watching. We'll be here practicing."

"Are you retareded?" Pyo Joo asked, getting fed up.

"No, I'm pretty sure that's you," Ahn Ji responded.

"No," Byung Hee denied as well. "I'm not crazy either."

"You think you beat me up last time..." Seung Hoon glanced over to Pyo Joo, "I was off my guard then, that's all." He clearly was displaying his emotions upon his face, "So stop being so damn cocky and get lost."

"You want me to beat you up again?"

Ahn Ji grinned, "Wouldn't that be a sight to behold."

"You already forgot how scared you were?" Byung Hee continued his interrogation. "You want me to teach you another lesson?"

Seung Hoon stepped forward towards the piano and sat, all eyes on him. Ma Ro joined him by sitting on a stool in front of the piano. They began playing their instruments while the others sat and listened. While they were playing, Ji Hyuk and Do Il walked in taking a seat on one of the couches. Their music ended with Ma Ro playing a guitar outro. Byung Hee stood up and took the chord to the amp and plugged it into his own guitar. The members of Eye Candy were all smiles and nodding their head to their leader's music. Sadly, his playing was cut short when Seung Hoon decided to interupt with his paino. The teens of Strawberry fields were wearing smirks upon their faces as he played. Byung Hee smirked before jamming out on his guitar. Eye Candy was getting into their leader's music as Ahn Ji grinned. Strawberry Fields had looks of either annoyance or disdain. The fun times ended when Pyo Joo unplugged Byng Hee's guitar from the amp.

"My ears can't stand that noise anymore," Pyo Joo complained as he rubbed his ears.

"So," Ahn Ji voiced, "my ears can;t stand the sound of your voice, but do you ever hear me complaining?"

"You call that music?" Ma Ro inquired. "Just because you losers hang out together doesn't make you a band."

Byung Hee placed the guitar on the amp, "So you're a band because you play with expensive instruments?"

Seung Hoon gave a small chuckle, "Just because you scream and shout makes it music?"

Pyo Joo reached forward, grabbed the guitar Byung Hee used, and smashed it upon the amplifier. "what can I do?" he questioned with a smirk. "I just can't stand seeing instruments being touched by your cheap, dirty hands." For added measure, he brought his hand up, sniffed it, and drew it away with a look of disgust.

"You son of a !" Byung Hee grabbed him by the front of his uniform and threw him to the ground. He was about to hit him with the neck of the damaged guitar but stopped hearing someone else talk.

"You guys are nothing but a bunch of es," Ahn Ji said as she looked to each member of Strawberry Fields. "Do you even know the definition of 'music' or a 'band'? Music doesn't have to be a specific sound to be qualified as such. A band is a group of people who play instruments together. And you," she turned to Pyo Joo, "you're the biggest there is! Who honestly breaks an instrument over something so childish as someone's hands touching it?! You're hands are twenty times worse than theirs'! Does that mean I should break your bass upon a freakin' amplifier?! Oh, wait! Even better I could do it upon you egotistical head! That oughta knock some God forsaken sense in you!" She glanced at the Eye Candy boys as everyone stared at her. "C'mon, leave them to theirselves. Maybe they'll actually grow a brain."

Ji Hyuk walked over to where Byung Hee had Pyo Joo pinned down, "You heard the girl. Don't want you getting kicked out of here for some low life, huh?" Ji Hyuk took the neck from his hands, "Besides," he layed it on the amp, "we don't want you hands smelling like dirty money."

Byung Hee got up and smoothed his hair down, "You're right. If I get kicked out of school, my muse will be sad." He threw an arm over Ji Hyuk's shoulder.

"We'll have to end this, won't we?" Seung Hoon spoke. "You're still wanting this practice room aren't you?"

Ji Hyuk walked forward, "So?"

"We'll settle the matter here in two weeks, as to who shall get this room. In front of everyone."

Ji Hyuk smirked, "Okay."

Byung Hee smirked as well, "Agreed, alright." With that, Eye Candy plus Ahn Ji walked out the room.