Eight

The Guardian's Tale

''You again? I thought I told you that you wouldn't enter this castle on my watch!'', the guard bellowed from the watch tower.

 

Seunghyun stood, acting like the guard had never spoken. His icy stare was impassive, his mouth pressed in to a thin line.

 

Get the girl and kill the spares.

 

He took one step toward the castle and another, causing the guard to bellow his previous retort a little louder than before. Seunghyun couldn't care less; he barely flinched at the guards meaningless words.

 

He was a few feet from the drawbridge; the moat was seperating him from it. Taking a huge leap, he dug his fingernails into the old wood and pulled it out with his bare hands, the chains bolted to the stone walls falling out effortlessly.

 

Half of the drawbridge fell in to the moat and the wood was soaked completely when the chains fell in.

 

Get the girl and kill the spares.

 

The command repeated itself in his mind like a bell. The guard was in front of him now, his lance pointed at him, its point almost touching his chin. Not even bothering to take a look at the armor-clad guard, he took his lance in hand and twisted it in one swift move, the wood splintering and opening up from the inside, the steel head falling on to the courtyard with a tink.

 

''Stop!'', the guard yelled, his lance lying broken on the ground.

 

Kill the spares...

 

Seunghyun's head turned slowly, his cold depthless eyes focusing on the guard. Popping his knuckles, he unsheathed his dagger from his tunic and advanced on him.

 

The guard didn't see it coming.

 

His movements were quick but lethal.

 

At first, the dagger didn't intimidate the guard as much as he unsheathed his own longsword in response. The metal clanged against each other; it was then did Seunghyun realize the guard's weaknesses.

 

His longsword was heavy in his arms, the way he used it showed that he hadn't used it in a long time. Most of his weight was dependent on his left leg rather than both. His armor was loosely-fitted upon closer inspection. Seunghyun inwardly smirked at all this, and lashed out, not leaving enough time for mercy to kick in.

 

The dagger slashed through the weak armor, through chainmail, through boiled leather. It exposed skin immediately and the guard stepped back uneasily, his fingers touching the bleeding wound on his neck. Seunghyun didn't stop for a beat; the dagger kept slashing at the guard before he could recover.

 

The guard fell backward after a lunge, his longsword clattering to the ground. His helmet was discarded on the floor while his armor was scattered everywhere. The steel plates were cut through cleanly, slight dents of the dagger's edge embedded in to the silver metal.

 

The guard wasn't unconscious; he was crushed by Seunghyun's fast blows and jabs, his movements blocked since Seunghyun had located his body's pressure points.

 

Get the girl and kill the spares.

 

The guard didn't beg for mercy; he had too much pride for that. Instead, he watched as Seunghyun strode up to him and squatted so that he was almost at eye-level with him.

 

The electric-blue eyes bore in to the black of the latter. The guard had the grace and dignity not to flinch at sight.

 

''Thank you for letting me in. Your courtesy shall be noted.'', he hissed as he pierced the tip of the dagger in to the latter's eyeballs, watching him still immediately.

 

He pulled the dagger out and cleaned the gooey blood off the sharp steel, running it along the stone-packed walls. The blood gleamed horridly on the rocks, the evidence stinking the air.

 

Get the ing girl or don't return at all.

 

''Yes, Master.'', Seunghyun answered out loud to no one, stepping in to a carpeted hallway a few seconds later. The portraits which hung on the walls seemed to be watching his every move. He smirked at all of them and pointed at each one like a maniac.

 

''When I get her, you all will be deemed witnesses~'', he bellowed, his voice echoed down the hallway.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''Ow!''

 

''I'm sorry, Hayi.''

 

''You could have given me a warnin- OW!''

 

''I could have, but I won't.''

 

''ZELO!''

 

''I said I'm sorry.'', he murmured as his lips brushed against her wounds. The wounds were deep now; Hayi delayed treating her wounds since Zelo was so weak. The wounds stung, even with his gentle caress.

 

Hayi's eyes were closed shut, her grip like steel on Zelo's wrists. Her sweater's sleeve was rolled up and her arm was sore and red when he saw it after his rest.

 

''You shouldn't have let me rest, Hayi! This is going to hurt when I heal you.'', he had exclaimed, running his fingertips on the scarred skin. She winced at his tone and had rolled down her sleeve down again. ''I didn't want to exhaust you.'', was her timid reply.

 

Zelo couldn't help but take her in to his arms and start healing her.

 

She looked too vulnerable.

 

''There...all done.'', he murmured, taking one of her strawberry-blonde locks in his palm. She clambered out of his lap and rolled down her sleeves, slipping on her discarded socks.

 

''Are you still scared, Hayi?'', he asked, taking her hand in his. She tensed up at his touch slightly, but calmed down after a while. ''I cannot believe I hurt you, Hayi. I'm so sorry.'', he apologized over and over again.

 

She put a hand to his cheek and watched as he leaned in to her touch. ''How many times do I have to tell you? It's fin-''

 

''ZELO! HAYI! WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!'', Daesung barged in to the room, sweat on his brow. He was panting heavily, his chest rising and falling with each pant.

 

''What's wrong?'', Zelo asked, stepping in front of Hayi as if he could shield her from whatever news Daesung had to announce.

 

''Sean's dead. I think there's a killer inside the castle.'', he said between breaths. Hayi whimpered behind him before burying her face in her small hands. Her small sobs wracked her tiny frame and Zelo took her in to his arms immediately.

 

''It's going to be alright, love. Don't cry, alright?'', Zelo attempted to calming Hayi down before turning to Daesung. ''Thank you, Daesung. Go to the drawbridge; we'll meet you there.'', he calmly addressed him.

 

''The drawbridge...?'', Daesung trailed off.

 

''Yes, the drawbridge. Is something wrong with it?'', Zelo asked curiously.

 

''It's...uh...''

 

''Yes?''

 

''It's in the moat...it's blocking our way out.''

 

''...Oh.''

 

''...There's pretty much no way out of this castle.''

 

''WHAT?!''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well.

c:

here's another one of those random updates for you.

suspense, here we come~

comment and subscribe, peeps.