another saturday

Alice's Memoirs

chapter three »

another saturday

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

» "Soojung, how do you feel?” the doctor asked me. Her sharp eyes matched her serious disposition.

Unlike other teenagers who spend their weekends with friends, I spend my Saturdays in the hospital for my regular check-up. It doesn’t take long though. Doctor Song only asks me a few question about what happened within the past week.

“I’m alright.”

“Do you have any friends at your new school?”

“No.”

“Hm.. I see. May I look at your journal?”

“Of course, of course.” I handed over my used-to-be-plain notebook without hesitation.

Dr. Song read my entries swiftly, but examined each word I wrote down. She reached to my last one that was about Jongin.

“Who is this Kim Jongin? A childhood friend of yours?” I softly bit my lips. Though I’m already comfortable around Dr. Song, I can’t seem to stay still this time.

“Ah yes. He used to be neighbors until I moved to my Auntie’s.”

“Does he remind you of the past?”

“Sometimes. He often brings up some of our childhood memories.”

She nodded. “I see. What does he make you feel?”

“Frustrated and annoyed. I usually avoid him.” I sighed, but memory of him comparing me to a kitten unconsciously made me smile.“Though, yesterday we ate lunch together and we laughed. He also found me the other day on the rooftop after I had an attack.”

She nodded again with a grin on her face. “You’re making progress Soojung. And it seems like you are taking a liking to this boy.”

I chuckled at her remark. “I don’t think so, Doctor. We’re from two different worlds. I’m an Alice living on earth and he’s a boy living in Wonderland.”

 

Journal Entry 14

November 20, 2010
5:52 PM

Just another Saturday spent at the hospital. Sometimes I wonder when I can be a normal teenager, just like him.

Maybe when life gets better.

Anyways, a warm bowl ramyun with a side of kimchi seems suitable for the cold weather tonight or maybe samgyupsal. Hanwoo perhaps? Haha. The thought of food is making my stomach grumble again.

 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

 

   Author'sNote   

 

» Sorry for the late update. I had to arrange my Sweet 16 and everything yeah. I'll post the other chapters since this is kinda short.

Thanks to everyone who subscribed! I really appreciate that there's people who actually read my crap. lol

here's taekai btw