jars of snow

Alice's Memoirs

chapter four»

jars of snow

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

»"Good morning Kitty.” Jongin stood by my seat and patted my head.

Nonetheless, I greeted him a “Good morning” too, then added, “Don’t call me Kitty. Keep in mind that I still dislike you Jongin.”

“Even after I took you to the infirmary and ate lunch together? Why is that Soojung?”

“Don’t ask.” He sat down on my table again and his face brightened up as if he had an ingenious plan. I’m afraid that he does.

“Alright. On one condition.” A wide grin appeared and so does two little crescents.

“What?” I raised a brow on him.

“You come with me to dance practice later.”

---

Journal  Entry 15

November 26, 2010
6:56 PM

I’m not in a train right now. Surprisingly, I’m in a dance studio which Jongin and his friends rented.  I don’t know why I even agreed to watch them. Maybe I needed to go seek a Small Perhaps.

They are quite good. A girl with an absolutely lovely smile talked to me as soon as I walked in. Her name is Sunyoung (I think) and her forte is popping. There’s this guy named Sehun who talks funny and keeps whining to Jongin about girls entering their beloved studio. Everytime he says that though Sunyoung punches him on his shoulder, hard. There is only the three of them tonight as the others are busy over part-time jobs and school.

Jongin asks me from time to time if I’m hungry. Although I’m not, he just sent Sehun and Sunyoung off to buy something. So that leaves us two inside the studio. I wonder what they will buy. I want to eat apples (oh that’s right I’m allergic to them).

- Soojung

I placed my journal back into my bag and checked the time. 7:01 PM

Realizing that it’s almost my curfew, I shouted at that dancing boy, “Hey Jongin!”, except he didn’t hear me. He was still engrossed at dancing. Graceful yet powerful is what I would describe him although he lacks control over his movement. (He lets his senses control him making him look like he has another version of their group dance, in other words.)

I shouted again. He must have heard me this time because he turned the volume down. With his stupid grin again, he apologized.

“I need to go home now. It’s either me or you who gets killed.”

“But Sehun and Sunyoung-"

“I need to go Jongin.”

Jongin sighed. “Fine, I’ll take you home.”

---

We left the studio at around 7:10 PM since he had to write a letter to the other two if ever they arrive earlier than him, which is highly plausible. Moreover, we had to argue on whether he has to take me to Auntie’s condo or not. Fortunately, the latter won.

Between us is an awkward silence that I find amusing. When we were kids, he used to be such a loudmouth, actually until now.

“Quite chilly tonight, is it not?” He breaks the silence.

“It’s autumn, in addition it will be winter in a few days. Of course it will be chilly Jongin.” I said as I played with my visible cold breath.

He chuckled oddly. “Winter or Summer, Soojung?”

“Huh?”

“Which do you prefer, winter or summer?”

“Winter.” I responded with a half smirk.

“Why?” his brows furrowed.

“I like how the snow falls and pure it looks like. Sometimes I take a jar of snow and put it in the freezer until the next winter.”

“Oh, so you do have a childish side. I’ll give a dozen jars of snow by snowfall.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

But surely, I won’t. Promises are meant to be broken and I learn from mistakes not to be hopeful. 

 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

 

   Author'sNote   

 

» I just finished reading John Green's Looking For Alaska (aiming to read "Will Grayson WIll Grayson" next). It really gave a good idea what I should write next.

To my readers (subscribers/ninjas), actually, I already finished until chapter eight but I cannot find my fic notebook. Sorry about that. I'll find it as soon as possible.

In other news, I am about to enroll at my dream university in one week and will be staying at a dorm alone. Hell yeah. I'll be stepping onto another phase toward adulthood and independence.