Clues

The Escapist

Hello readers, I edited the previous chapter where the girl isn't supposed to call G-Ddragon by Jiyong. Anyway, it's a minor adjustment! But just to let you know!

*Haemin’s POV*

It was a Wednesday morning and I knew Soobin had woken and gone to class, leaving me all alone in our room. I was in a deep slumber when there was a knock at the door. If it was Soobin, she would have come right in since she had the key. Moreover, it’s too early for her to be back from class. I ignored the knock since I was tired. But the knocks became more consistent and loud. Grumbling, I flung my blanket off and went to the door. Flinging the door open, I was about to open my mouth to shout when Jiyong pushed me into my room, slamming the door shut.

“What took you so long to open the door? What if I got caught?”he asked.

“And what are you doing in the female dorm? Besides, you could have informed me earlier so I could be prepared,”I answered.

He didn’t answer me but made his way further into my room. With his back facing me, he took in a deep breath.

“What happened? Are you okay? You’ve been so out of the norm these few days as well. Is anything the matter?”I asked, concerned.

For the past few days, Jiyong had been so jittery and restless. I hadn’t been able to ask him what had been going on with his personal life though I see him every day, I mean, night. Jiyong shook his head and turned to face me.

“Sorry but can I just have a hug?”he asked.

“Why not?”I grinned, going over to hug him.

With him in my embrace, I could hear him take deep breaths to calm himself down.

“You okay there, buddy?”I asked.

“Yeah, I’ve been feeling really weird lately and I don’t know why. I feel like I’m losing you any moment,”he sighed.

“Well, you can be assured that I’ll not be going anywhere anytime soon. At least not without you,”I patted his back, pulling apart.

“Thanks and I’m sorry for being so rude about your friends last night. Though the alcohol could be at fault, I shouldn’t have used that tone when I speak about your friends,”Jiyong lowered his head apologetically.

“Nah, it’s okay. Anybody who’s seen me three years ago would have used the same tone. You were just worried for me,”I smiled.

“But I’m not taking back my words though. You need to protect yourself, Haemin. I would hate seeing you just like how you did last time,”Jiyong said as he rummaged through my stack of cup noodles.

“I know. I hate seeing myself like that as well,”I replied.

“Good. Can I have this?”he lifted up a cup.

“Go ahead and while you’re at it, cook one for me too,”I grinned.

“Sure,”he nodded his head.

We sat in my dorm eating and catching up. When it was time to go off to work, he had gone back to his own dorm. We met at the car park on the campus and rode our motorcycles to Monaco.

“Good evening!”we greeted as we walked in.

It was about 6pm when we walked in. We had about an hour to eat dinner that was provided by the club before we started setting up.

“Hey!”Daesung waved.

We settled down near him for dinner and Seungri gave out all our lunchboxes.

“I’ll eat well!”all of us said together before digging in.

“I’m so sick of this lunchbox,”Daesung grumbled.

“Tell me about it,”Seungri agreed.

“What’s wrong with it? It’s awesome. I could eat it everyday,”I looked up at them.

“They should at least give us a different meat everyday,”Seungri held up his piece of chicken.

“If you don’t want it, you could give it to me,”I reached out to get his chicken from his lunchbox.

“Yah!”

Seungri was about to grab my hand when when Jiyong reached out to grab his. The charismatic Jiyong had a smile on his face. He shook his head and waved his index finger at him. Even though Jiyong’s eyes were hidden under his neon coloured sunglasses, Seungri knew that he was staring hard at him. He nodded his head, to let Jiyong know that he understood. As if on cue, Jiyong let his hand drop on the table, patting his hand after that. I stuck my tongue out at him, letting him know I won.

“It’s unfair. You have Jiyong as back up,”he pouted.

“Awww, poor little panda,”I patted his head with a laugh.

Once we were done with dinner, we began set up. I was scheduled to be behind the counter with Jiyong. But being a girl, I was unable to carry the carton of boxes that held the bottles of alcohol that needed to be stock up behind the counter. Jiyong did all the hard work while I just wiped the counter clean. He was even the one pushing all the glasses out from the store room.

“Thanks, Jiyong,”I smiled.

“You’re welcome. This is what I ought to do as a gentleman,”he winked, causing me to laugh.

*End of Haemin’s POV*

 

*Hyukjae’s POV*

Two weeks after I first met up with Taeyeon through Siwon, we decided to meet up again at Monaco after Taeyeon managed to find out that her roommate actually had a close friend in Seoul National University. According to Taeyeon, they met up pretty often and she knows almost everything that goes on in that course.

Unlike the previous time, I was the first to reach the club so I sat at the same table, waiting around for them.

“Good evening, would you like a drink first?”

I turned around to find the same waiter from the other night, Seungri smiling at me.

“Hmm, it’s okay. I’ll wait for my friends,”I gave him a smile.

“Sure, I’ll come back later…,”but he was cut off by Taeyeon’s loud voice.

“Hey Hyukjae!”she had yelled over the loud music.

“Hey Taeyeon,”I chuckled at her hyperness.

Just like what I had predicted, Siwon the gentleman had driven her and the new girl here.

“Hi, Hyukjae!”Siwon reached out to shake my hand.

“Nice seeing you again,”I grinned.

“Oh, Hyukjae, this is who I’ve been talking to you guys about. Jessica, meet Hyukjae. Hyukjae, meet Jessica,”Taeyeon introduced me to her.

“Nice to meet you, Jessica. Thank you so much for helping,”I smiled.

“It’s no trouble at all,”she smiled back.

“Are you guys ready to order? You all came on a good night though. G-Dragon and Hae are stationed behind the counter tonight and they’re a duo to be reckoned with,”Seungri grinned, hinting us that we should order something more special instead of just beer.

I looked at the counter and spotted only two heads with bubble gum hair and a blonde. There were too many people crowding round the counter and I couldn’t see the face of the Dragon boy and his partner. So, I was right the previous time. The blonde I saw was the famous Hae boy that the drunk girl had been talking about. After some recommendation from Seungri, we ordered our drinks and he left our table.

“So, I heard from Taeyeon that you’re looking for a girl in the law faculty at Seoul National?”Jessica got the conversation started.

“That’s right! Do you happen to have heard of anyone named Haemin? Kim Haemin?”I asked.

“Kim Haemin?”Jessica raised her eyebrow.

My heart started beating faster. But before she could speak, Seungri came back with all our drinks.

“That’s fast!”Siwon nodded his head, impressed.

“I told you that those two are the best combo ever. They’re the fastest bartenders at Monaco,”Seungri smirked, proud of his colleagues.

“Thank you,”we all tried to bow as he placed the drinks on the table.

“Welcome,”Seungri bowed back before leaving.

“Anyway, back to the topic,”Taeyeon clapped her hands together to get our attention back since she knew how anxious I was.

“You sure you’re looking for Kim Haemin?”Jessica asked.

“Yes. What’s wrong with that?”I asked, afraid that I may hear bad news.

“Well, because she’s a legend on campus. My friend told me that she’s a genius and is acing all her modules. I heard from him that she’s on scholarship and ranked number one in the entire cohort,”Jessica answered.

“Oh wow!”Taeyeon’s jaw dropped.

And I had to stop myself from smiling. That’s the Kim Haemin I knew. I knew she would be doing well but I hadn’t thought she would actually be considered a ‘legend’.

“But…,”Jessica frowned.

“But what?”Siwon asked.

“But the most ridiculous thing is that, she’s never attended lectures. Not even those court sessions that you have to go to, Taeng. That’s the main reason why she’s considered a legend,”Jessica concluded.

“Not even once?”I asked to make sure.

Jessica nodded her head to confirm and I frowned. This was so unlike Haemin. She was the most studious and obedient student ever. She would never skip classes.

“Are you sure we’re talking about the same person?”I asked, not believing Jessica.

“Kim Haemin from Incheon, right?”Jessica asked.

I nodded my head.

“Yupp, that’s her. My friend said she finally appeared at the court sessions a few weeks ago because she got a warning letter,”she continued.

A warning letter? What in the world was going on? Kim Haemin and warning letters just don’t go together! I could hardly believe what I was hearing.

“What?! How can anybody not attend any lessons yet top the whole cohort? THAT’S INSANE!”Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief.

“Believe it or not, there are such geniuses around and apparently, Hyukjae sshi’s friend, Haemin is one of them,”Jessica let out a small smile.

“Oh wow, Hyukjae, you gotta introduce her to me. I need to meet her,”Taeyeon turned to look at me.

“If I find her, that is,”I tried to smile.

“You will because it just so happens that my friend is actually friends with her,”Jessica smiled.

“Are you serious?”my jaw dropped.

And the loud music was being blocked out. All I could hear was the thumping of my heart. I would finally be able to see her after three whole years.

“But how did he get close to her when she’s not at any of the lectures?”Siwon asked.

“Through her roommate. She introduced Haemin to him and they rush out their assignments together,”she replied.

“Jessica, can I…can I meet that friend of yours? Or is it possible to ask him to get Haemin to meet us?”I asked.

“Hmm, I can try. But I’ve heard that she’s pretty much missing in action. He doesn’t hang out with her,”Jessica nodded her head.

“Then…, can he take a picture of her for me? I’m sorry if this sounds creepy but I really miss her and I want to know if she looks any different from before,”I was getting desperate.

I finally found her! I wasn’t about to let this chance go. I had to at least know how she looks like now so that if I ever decide to sneak into Seoul National, I would be able to find her.

“I’ll try asking him!”Jessica nodded her head.

“Thank you so much! God, I can’t thank you guys enough. This girl, Haemin is…she’s important to me and I need to see her,”I was on the verge of tears.

“You’re very welcome! I’m glad that I was of some help,”Taeyeon smiled.

“But…but if she was that important to you, how did you lose her in the first place?”Siwon asked, raising his eyebrow.

Silence ensued at the table and Taeyeon’s eyes darted between Siwon and I. All of a sudden, Siwon let out a groan as Taeyeon glared at him.

“It was all my fault,”I sighed.

“Aye, let’s not talk about sad matters here. At least we have more clues now! We’re a step closer to finding her! Let’s give a toast to our success!”Taeyeon hurriedly grabbed her drink.

Jessica grabbed her drink and when I hesitated, Taeyeon nudged Siwon, asking him to do the same.

“Come on, everybody! It has been a good night, after all. We’ve got drinks made by the best bartenders here and we’ve got clues! Cheers to Hyukjae!”Taeyeon lifted up her drink.

It was difficult to not be affected by Taeyeon’s mood. Chuckling, I grabbed my drink as well, clinking the glass with theirs.

“Don’t worry, it’ll all work out,”Jessica gave me a gentle smile.

“I sure hope so,”I smiled back.

*End of Hyukjae's POV* 

End of Chapter

DarkAngel