A Battle *edited*

The Escapist

Hello all, I've edited the chapter cause I found something off about it. The drunk girl in the second half of this chapter isn't supposed to call G-Dragon by Jiyong. It's not a major mistake but just to let you know. 

*Donghae’s POV*

It was in the middle of the night, and when I heard the other bed in my bedroom creak loudly, I opened my eyes. But since it was dark, Hyukjae couldn’t see that he had woke me up for the thousandth time. I knew better than to ask if he was alright. He had reminded me countless of times that he wanted to be alone in times like this. As usual, he just sat in bed, hands covering his face trying to calm himself down. It was the same nightmare haunting him again and again. The only time he’s able to sleep soundly is when he has a bit of alcohol in his system.

Just like every other night, he stood up and got out of the bedroom. Once he was out, I sat up as well, worried about my best friend. Hyukjae would be sitting in the kitchen with his head in his hands, sobbing his eyes out. Sighing, I got up to switch on the lights in our bedroom. I sat down at his study table and reached out for the photo frame that was sitting there; a photo of him with her. The smiles that were reflected in the photo, seeming so unfamiliar. He didn’t look like that anymore and the same goes for her. I sat there, debating whether I should go against my promise with Haemin. I didn’t want him to beat himself up again but Haemin would definitely hate me. She was no longer the person that I once knew after that night.

I had witnessed the whole incident. Though I was shocked to see how Hyukjae had hurt her, I was more surprised at how she dealt with it. In that one moment, though there was disappointment, there was more of hatred in her eyes. She hated him. I didn’t think she was capable of doing that, knowing how much she loved him but she proved me wrong. Despite my conscience telling me that this was the wrong thing to do, I clenched my jaw tight and got back to my bed after switching off the lights. I wasn’t going to break my promise. But what I can do is try to get Haemin to trust me again and talk her into meeting Hyukjae.

*End of Donghae’s POV*

*Haemin’s POV*

The loud music did nothing to numb me and the fact that it was my off day didn’t help either. It was weird since club hopping was actually my past time. Jiyong and I were currently at our third and were about to head to Monaco to end the night with a big bang as usual. Unlike my usual self, I hadn’t drunk much and wasn’t dancing as much either. On the other hand, Jiyong, who is at the dance floor right at this moment, was having the time of his life. Chuckling, I reached out for my beer to have a sip.

“Hae! Is that you?”

I turned around to see a girl waving at me. My heart sank upon seeing her. This girl was always drunk whenever I see her and she liked to flirt with me, thinking I’m a guy with my blonde short do.

“Hey,”I tried to smile.

If there was one thing I couldn’t do, it was to reject girls. I’m fine with guys but when it comes to girls, I didn’t know how to go about it. I’m a girl myself, after all.

“Why are you alone, Hae? Where’s G-Dragon?”she asked, parking herself right beside me.

“At the dance floor! Want a drink?”I asked.

“Are you buying me one?”she grinned.

“Why not?”I raised an eyebrow, gesturing for the bartender.

“Can I have a mojito, please? Put it on Hae’s tab,”the girl told him.

The bartender frowned at her drunken state before turning to look at me, waiting for my confirmation. I nodded my head to assure him that I’m paying for her drink. With that, he walked away to make her drink.

“You know, I’ve missed seeing you at Monaco. Where have you been last week eh?”she batted her eyelashes at me.

“I was behind the counter. Didn’t you see me?”I replied, bringing the mug of beer to my lips.

“Really? I only saw G-Dragon though and this really handsome dude,”the girl spoke up.

The bartender came back with her mojito and she sipped on it carefully.

“But of course, he isn’t as cute as you,”she said, giving me a wink.

“Thanks,”I let out a nervous laugh.

“Hey, what are you still doing here, huh? Shouldn’t you join me at the dance floor and oh, hi, you’re the pretty girl from last week!”Jiyong flashed his best smile at her.

“Hi, G-Dragon!”she waved enthusiastically.

“Nice seeing you here. So, erm, you’ve been chatting up Hae here?”Jiyong tried hard to not laugh.

“He even bought me a drink,”she gestured towards her mojito.

“Oh, wow! But don’t get carried away though cause Hae’s just generous. He buys every girl a drink,”Jiyong chuckled in his drunken state.

The girl looked at me straight away and I felt bad all of a sudden. I quickly turned to elbow Jiyong.

“Yah, can you still make it to Monaco? I don’t want to have to carry you there, idiot,”I hissed at Jiyong.

“Of course, we should. It’s the place to end the night! Wanna join Hae and I?”Jiyong grinned at her.

Slowly, I turned to look at the girl again and it was as if she was pleading me with her eyes. Oh, god. I knew what kind of look that is. I’ve seen that before.

“Er, yeah, whatever he said. We’re leaving now,”was all I could say.

“Just give me a minute. I’ll be back from the rest room!”she hurriedly got off the chair she was sitting on.

“We’ll be waiting outside!”Jiyong shouted.

“Idiot, why are you inviting her along?”I shot him a glare as we made our way out.

“Can’t you tell she likes you? Let her have her fun when she’s drunk and bold. She wouldn’t have been able to approach you if she’s sober,”Jiyong shrugged his shoulders.

“That doesn’t give you the excuse to lead her on. You need to remember that I’m a girl and a straight one!”I shook my head in disbelief.

“Of course, I know that, girl. Come on, have a cigarette and let loose,”he passed me a cigarette.

Grabbing it from him, he helped to light it up and the both of us stood side by side smoking.

“Jiyong, I’ve something to tell you. Are you sober enough?”I spoke up.

“Oh, now you’re finally ready to talk. I’ve been waiting the whole night,”he chuckled as he puffed the cigarette.

“I told you all about my clique, right?”I turned to look at him.

“Uh huh, what about them?”he raised his eyebrow.

“I…I bumped into Donghae and Ryeowook,”

At that moment, Jiyong froze in place with his cigarette still near his lips. Slowly, he exhaled and turned to look at me.

“Only them? What about that jerk?”he asked.

“He…he wasn’t there,”I mumbled.

“What did they want? Did they want you to meet him? Is that why you’re so miserable today?”he questioned.

“No. Turns out that they’ve been actively searching for me. But they promised not to tell the rest that they’ve found me,”I replied.

Jiyong let out a low chuckle.

“And you believe them?”Jiyong smirked.

“Half of me does but half of me is being skeptical,”I answered truthfully.

“Then, what are you going to do now?”he asked.

“Nothing. I just felt the need to tell you,”was my reply.

Jiyong threw his cigarette onto the ground, using his feet to put it out.

“Haemin, listen. I’ve seen how vulnerable you were. Even if you do see him, do not waver, understand? He’s going to hurt you like how he used to and you mustn’t allow him to do that. I’ll be there for you if he appears,”Jiyong said firmly.

“Thanks,”I tried to smile.

“Where’s that girl, anyway? At this rate, we’ll never make it Monaco before closing,”Jiyong gritted his teeth, annoyed.

“Serves you right for asking her along,”I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s just go without her. She may have passed out in the rest room,”Jiyong pulled my hand.

“Are you crazy? Then, we should at least check if she’s alright!”I tried to talk some sense into the drunk Jiyong.

He’s only like that when he’s drunk, I swear.

“How do we check? They would never let you into the female bathroom. You need to remember who you are at night. You’re Hae now. Not Haemin. You can’t go barging into the female bathroom as and when you like,”Jiyong shot me a firm glance.

“Right,”I totally forgot how everyone who are active in the nightlife all knew me as a guy.

“Toughen yourself up, Hae. You need to use your emotions less,”Jiyong reminded me.

I threw my cigarette onto the ground and put it up before taking one last look at the entrance. No sign of her.

“Let’s go,”

*End of Haemin’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel