Chapter 2

My Little Groom ^^

Chapter 2: Decisions hard to make

 

Jinee's POV

I ran away and went to the nearby playground. I sat down on the swing and cried my heart out. Good thing, there are no other people around here. I have some privacy.

Why is this even happening to me? I'm barely 23 years old. I still have some dreams to pursue. Why do i have to fullfil this pact?

All i know is that i'm not ready. I AM DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR THIS.

I continued sobbing a bit, and it only stopped when i felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and looked, what is Kibum doing here?

"Hey.." he said.

"What do you want? Go away.." i said coldly while wiping away my tears.

"I just wanted to check if you're okay." he said softly.

"Oh whatever Key. That is so not like you." i said as i shoved his hand away and walked out. I do not have time to talk to him. I don't even wanna see his face.

Seeing his face will only remind me that i'm gonna get married and that my future will change.

I didn't return to Kibum's house. I went to my apartment where i live with my friend, Seohyun.

(At Jinee's apartment)

"Unnie, are you okay? Your eyes are swollen and red." she said as i arrived.

"I'm fine Seohyun. Just leave me alone for a while." i said as i headed inside my room and locked the door.

I laid myself down on my bed and i buried my face on my pillow. I groaned.

"Arghhh!" i shouted through the pillow.

Then i heard a knock on the door.

"Unnie, are you alright?" Seohyun asked.

"Yeah i'm fine! Don't worry about me Seo!" i said in a cheerful voice.

I looked at my phone and there were a lot of missed calls from my mom. I'm sure she is worried about me.

I dialed my mom's number.

"Jinee! Where are you?!" my mom asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about me mom. I'm fine here at my apartment." i said.

"Dear, i'm so sorry about this situation. But that's an order from your grandfather, there's nothing we could do about it." she said.

"it's okay mom, i understand. But i don't think i will fullfil that pact. I still have many things to finish in my life and marriage is the last thing listed on my to-do list." i said.

"Jinee, your grandfather is sick and he thinks he won't last that long anymore. If you really do love and care about him, you should fullfil this promise for him."

I hate it when mom knows best.

"Sigh, i'll think about it mom." i said.

"Anyways, what's the problem of you getting married? Kibum is a nice young lad." she said.

"Eww mom! Don't ever say that again. You don't know him! He's such an evil little kid." i said.

I heard my mom laugh. "Aigoo, that's why he's meant for you. Well, just call me if you are ready to face your grandfather, arasso?"

"Yes umma. Bye~" i said in my sweet voice then i hung up. Wait, did she just say that he's meant for me? Eew!

Kibum is like my enemy ever since we're kids. He would always tease me and make me cry even though i was the older one. Weird right? He's quite immature and he wants things to go the way he wants it to. I can't believe it, of all the guys in the world, why him?!

After talking to my mom, i decided to get out of my room. I saw Seohyun at the kitchen, already cooking our dinner.

"Hey Seohyunnie~" i greeted as i hugged her from behind.

"Unnie, are you having mood swings today? Earlier you said you wanted to be alone. Now, you're hugging me? Are you okay?" she asked as she put her hand on my forehead.

"I'm perfectly fine Seo, i'm just having a lot of things in my mind right now." i said to her.

"Then tell me what those things are because i think they are the ones causing you to be so stressed out today. Tell your dongsaeng what it is." she said as she cupped my face.

"Are you sure you want me to talk to you about it?" i asked.

"Yes. Tell me everything." she said.

I took a deep breath.

A few minutes later after explaining everything to her...

"YOU WILL WHAT?!" she shouted, causing me to fall down from my chair.

"Easy there Seo, i thought you said you can handle it?" i said while getting up from the floor.

"Sorry unnie, but it really shocked me. Wae?" she asked.

"I don't know. I really hate that guy! He's making me miserable when we were kids." i said as i crossed my arms and pouted.

"But unnie, honestly, i think Kibum oppa is really cute." she said.

Eww. As in major eew.

I raised my brow at her. "Disgusting much?" i asked.

"Oh unnie, you don't have to be so negative towards him. There might be something that you like about him." she said while smiling at me.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing Seohyun." i said as i shook my head.

Honestly, there are three things that i like about that Kibum. First of all, his thoughtfulness and his sensitive being. He always notice it easily when there's something wrong. And he will do everything to make things right. Second, his sense of humor. I know he always used to tease me, but his teases were really funny even though i hated it. His jokes are awesome. Last but not least, his warm, sweet smile. Not that i'm attracted to it, but he looks really attractive and cute whenever he smiles. Those are the only things that i like about him. Nothing else cause i hate him.

Kibum's POV

I was inside my bedroom, lying on my bed. I kept thinking about what grandfather just told us earlier.

You have to marry each other and fullfil the promise.

Aigoo, grandfather, what did i even do to deserve this?

My thoughts were interrupted when i heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" i asked feeling a little bit irritated at the moment.

"It's me." i recognized my father's voice.

"Come in dad." i said as i sat myself up.

He entered my room and sat down besides me. "Son, i'm sorry." he said.

I sighed before asking, "For what dad?"

"For letting you down. For not doing anything about this. I'm really sorry." he said.

I gave dad a light hug. "Dad, it's alright. I'm also sorry for saying those things earlier to you." i said.

"Son, all i want to say is that i hope that you'll fullfil this promise. It's not that i'm forcing you into it, but it's the only way for your grandfather to be happy. He never asked you for anything."

I sighed once again. "I'll probably think about it dad." i said.

"Well, i hope that you'd make the right decision. Do this for your grandfather, not for us." dad said as he left the room.

What should i do? I don't want to get married, i swear! But if i won't get married, i will feel really guilty for letting grandfather down.

I lied down on my bed. Should i do the right thing?

I looked at my phone which was right beside me. I quickly grabbed it and the next thing i know, i already dialed Jinee's number.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please comment you guys! ^^ i seriously need your opinions.. keke ;)))

Thanksss!! n__n