Chapter 1

My Little Groom ^^

Chapter 1: Welcome Back to Korea!!

 

"Annyeong hasseyo Korea! Look who's back!" Kibum thought as he stepped out of the airplane.

Aah, the feeling of the cold air of Korea. Kibum loves that air. He missed it, a lot. It's been three years since he had left Korea to go and study at America. He needs to strive hard in studying, in order to make his parents proud.

He went inside the airport and his two friends, Jonghyun and Onew, were already there waiting for him.

"Chin goo!!" Onew exclaimed while waving his hands in the air to be able to get Kibum's attention.

"Where? Is he there already?" Jonghyun anxiously asked as he turned his head everywhere to look for his best buddy. "Kibum-ah!!!" he shouted as he saw Kibum slowly approaching them.

"Guys! I'm so glad to see you again!" Kibum said as he hugged his two friends tightly in his arms.

"Yah, how's life in America?" Onew asked.

"How's life? Well, it's been pretty normal, but it's really different here in Korea." Kibum said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Did you able to talk to some hot white chicks there?" Jonghyun asked.

"Aigoo, you never changed Jong. You're still the same old ert and playboy i knew from the very first start." Kibum said as he grinned at Jonghyun.

"Same old me." Jonghyun said as he shrugged a bit.

"Guys, let's continue this conversation later. Let's head to the apartment for now." Onew said as he started carrying some of Kibum's bags.

"Aniyo, my mom told me to go straight at our house right now. I guess something's up at home." Kibum said as he helped Onew carrying his luggages.

"Arasso, but hang out with us tomorrow, okay?" Jonghyun asked as he gave a slight punch on Kibum's shoulder.

Kibum nodded as his response. They rode Jonghyun's car and drove directly to Kibum's house.

(At Kibum's house)

"Hal a beoji, please eat this special porridge i made for you." Jinee said while shoving a spoonful of porridge into her grandfather's mouth.

The grandfather chewed and swallowed. "How does it taste grandpa?" Jinee asked.

The grandfather smiled and caressed his granddaughter's cheek. "It tastes very good Jinee. You and no one else can take care of me like this. Thank you." he said.

"Of course grandpa, i'm your only granddaughter." Jinee said as she hugged her grandfather.

Suddenly, Jinee's father entered the room. "Appa, Kibum already arrived here in Korea." he said.

"He's here?" the grandfather asked. "He'll be arriving here any minute." Jinee's father said then he exited the room.

"Hal a beoji, why is that Kibum here again?" Jinee asked.

"You'll find out later. For now, please do make yourself pretty." the grandfather said.

"Wae?" Jinee asked, looking confused.

"Just do it." the grandfather said firmly.

"Arasso.." Jinee said as she stood up and went inside the bathroom to fix herself.

KIBUM'S POV

After 20 minutes, we finally arrived at my house. My home.

"I'm hooooome!!" i shouted as i entered the room with Jonghyun and Jinki, i mean Onew.

"My son! My son is back!!" my mom shouted as she quickly hugged me.

"Umma! How are you, huh? I missed you mom." i said as i kissed her forehead.

"Come in come in, your grandfather is waiting for you inside." she said as she quickly pulled me inside.

"We better go Kibum, it looks like you're gonna have a family thing or something. See ya." Jonghyun said while waving goodbye to me. Onew did the same thing too.

We entered the house, and i saw grandfather sitting on the living room floor, dad was sitting beside him and i also saw Jinee's parents there.

"Hello everyone." i greeted as i bowed. I kneeled down in front of grandfather.

"How are you hal a beoji?" i asked as i faced grandfather.

"I've been well. Stay still, i have something to tell the both of you." he said.

"The both of.. us?" i asked as i scratched my head.

Suddenly, a beautiful lady came out of the restroom. She was wearing a white blouse, and a gray skirt on the bottom. She has a long black raven hair, and her eyes were sparkling? Is that Jinee? Man, when did she become that pretty?

"Oh, look who's here. The almighty Key is back." she said as she crossed her arms while giving me a narrowed look.

"Jinee, please sit down besides Kibum." grandfather ordered.

Jinee sat down beside me. I can smell her scent from here. She smells like strawberry vanilla. What kind of perfume is she using?!

"I have to tell you something important, so i hope that the both of you will listen very carefully." grandfather started.

Jinee and i nodded at the same time.

"You do know that i'm very close with Kibum's grandfather right? Well before he died, we made a promise to each other. We made a pact that we would marry our children." grandfather said.

"But the both of you had both sons." Jinee said.

"Yes. So now, i'm passing the pact to the next generation. You and Kibum are going to fulfill that promise."

"What do you mean grandfather?" i asked him. No please, please, it's not what i think it is, right?

"What i mean is, the both of you SHOULD marry." grandfather said.

"Mworago? Hal a beoji, why do you expect me to marry this guy?" Jinee asked.

I glared at her.

"You have to marry now, there is no more time." grandfather stated.

"Hal a beoji, i can't get married at this age. She's way older than me. And i have dreams to fulfill you know!" i said.

"What if i'm older? I don't wanna get married to someone who's younger and immature!" Jinee said while giving me a narrowed look again. Aish, this girl!

"Stop it! The both of you will marry whether you like it or not! In that case i would be able to die peacefully and face Kibum's grandfather in the second life!" grandfather shouted.

We became silent for a minute.

"Hal a beoji, i love you and i care for you. But i don't think i'll fulfill this silly pact." Jinee said as she stood up and walked out.

"Hal a beoji i'm sorry, but i think i'll just forget what you said." i said as i stood up and walked out too.

My dad tried to stop me. "Yah, you're grandfather isn't even finished talking yet!" my dad said while grabbing my arm.

"Appa, this is what i get for returning here in Korea? Do you think this is what i want? I strived and studied hard for you and mom in America. But this is the thanks i get? If i knew this was coming, i shouldn't have come back here." i said as i removed dad's hand away from me then i proceeded to leave.