Inception

Seeing This Through

I tugged on the end of my sleeves as I made my way down the stairs, a couple of steps behind Taecyeon.  I didn’t know who was down there besides Junsu and Jay, but I knew I could expect their usual crew.  When I arrived down stairs, I saw his familiar base meant. I had been down there for movie nights many a time.

The boys were scattered around the room, laughing and yelling about something. I think I knew what.

Wooyoung was lying on his stomach on the floor facing the TV screen.  Chansung was spread out on a small chair, which looked even smaller compared to how tall he was. Junsu and Junho were sitting on a pile of blankets beside Chansung. Khun was leaning on Wooyoung.  Jaebeom was sitting on the couch by himself looking slightly annoyed.

These weren’t all of his close friends. These were the only ones who went to our school, Changmin, Jo Kwon, Seoulong, and Jinwoon went to another school, and leave farther away so they didn’t come over as often.

I knew his friends well enough for it to be awkward, but I’d never talked to them or contacted them with Taecyeon. I only ever saw them when I was with him, or in the halls at school.

Taecyeon walked over to the couch and sat beside Jay. The only spot left was beside Jaebeom, on the other sit of him. In reality, it wasn’t a couch, but a worn out red leather love seat. I would have to sit beside Jaebeom.  Taecyeon did that on purpose, didn’t he?

Ignoring the greetings that were being said at me I walked over and sat beside Jaebeom.  I also ignored the looks and giggles the guys exchanged. Yes, they giggled. They could be such girls.  What was running through mind right now was how close Jaebeom was. It felt wrong; I wanted to sit like this with Taecyeon, not Jaebeom.

My thigh was pressed up against his and our arms were touching. I quickly repositioned myself into a crossed legging position, tucking my legs underneath me.  I folded my hugged myself tightly; it was pretty cold down there.

“Eunbi!” I looked over at Chansung, quickly shaking myself out of my thoughts. “Do you know what we are watching?”

I shook my head looking at him curiously. I hope we weren’t watching a comedy, I hated movies that were trying to be funny, they were just stupid, rude and disrespectfully. Not to mention inappropriate. I was trying to think of new movies that had just come out.

“Inception!” They are said. I never knew how they did that. They all could say things at the same time. Perfectly. It confused me greatly.

“I haven’t seen it yet.” I said simply playing with me thumbs. I smiled looking down, “It’s not scary right?”

“Don’t worry, I’m here.” Jaebeom said, nudging me. I blushed. Now that it started it would stop.

The boys made hooting noises. I blushed even harder.
 

 

Half way through the movie I felt my eyes begin to close. It was confusing me too much to pay attention. But frankly, the last thing I wanted to do was sleep, to dream really. The movie was making me feel that way.

My body began to feel weak; why was I so tired. Finally I let my eyes close, and my body relax. I couldn’t take it any longer.

The only thing was, when I let my head drop, it dropped on Jaebeom’s shoulder. I was completely leaning on him. I was practically in his lap.

I heard him make a sound of surprise and felt him tense, but I ignored it. I was too tired.  After a moment, as if he realized I was asleep –or falling asleep- he relaxed as well. 

What he did next almost shocked me enough to make me jump out of my seat.

He put his arm around me.

It made sense in my mind, because of how little room we had. The strangest part about it, was how comfortable I felt.

 

 

⇒  next chapter will be the OST for this story & the chapter after that will be longer.