A Hole

Seeing This Through

He...He...He likes who?

"Eunbi?" Taecyeon said when I didn't reply. "Did I say something wrong?"

Yes. Very, very wrong.  "No" I shook my head, putting a fake smile on, "You said you like Sica, what'd be wrong with that?"

He let out a sigh of relief, "So she doesn't have anyone she likes?"

Hopefully someone who isn't you. "Not that I know of." I awkwardly played with a piece of Kimbap with my chopsticks.

"Your turn." I looked over to him confused.

"Hmm?" I honestly had no clue what he was getting at.

"Don't play stupid Eunbi." He playfully pushed my hair. I felt butterflies in my arm when he touched me. Even thought he didn't like me, that doesn't mean I don't like him. "Who you like. I bet it's one of my friends Let me think." He paused for a moment."Is it Jinwoon? Didn't you say his hair was cute?"

Why would I like him just because his hair is cute? I don't like noona-dongsaeng relationships.

"Okay, sorry." He said looking at me, still in thought.

"What? Did I say something." I asked completely confused, did I just say that outloud?

"Yes, you did." Creepy. "So if it's someone who's older than you...Junsu?"

"No." I shook my head again. I had to come up with something and fast. I decided to say the first name that came into my head. “Jaebeom”

I shocked myself. I had no clue why that name came out of my mouth. Jaebeom was not my type. I like someone tall and sweet; like Taecyeon. Not short and conceited; like Jaebeom.

He looked at my obviously as shocked as I was at my reply, "Jay? Seriously?"

I nodded slowly. I knew that I was digging a hole. A very deep and dark whole that I couldn’t get out of. And the worst part was that I’d probably have to share it was Jaebeom. I shuttered at the thought.

“Wow…he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy you’d be into.” See, even you agree. You’d be better for me. “Well, if he’s who you like I bet I could help you out.”

I forced my best smile, “You’d really do that for me?” Everything that was happening was starting to hurt.

“Of course.” He smiled happily. I was starting to get mad at him, but when I saw that smile on that goofy face of his it all melted away.

I looked up at the clock. It wasn’t that late, but I had to think of an excuse to make him leave. I wanted-no needed- to be alone right now. “It’s getting late.” I bit my lip “I have a huge test on Monday I should study.”

He looked up at the clock and made a face, but nodded. Both of us stood up and starting to walk towards the door. “Well, I’ll see you.” He gave me a hug. I felt like I was going to melt. “I’ll text you.”

I simply nodded and waved, glad that he was leaving so I could cry or scream or kick something or do something.

He walked out of the house and closed the door behind him.  I tried to keep my calm as he left. Going to find my journal I bit my lip.

I found it wear I left it. I picked it up and began to flip through the pages.

One every page there was something about Taecyeon. The tears began to fall down. I ripped out a page that had a love doodle on it. I ripped out another page that has describing what I liked about him. I ripped out page after page crying harder each time. I knew that I was overreacting; it wasn’t the end of the world, was it? Then why did It feel like it was?

There was two pains in my heart, one because he told me he like my sister. Jessica. My sister of all people. The other, I was so mad at myself. I was an idiot. I lied to my best friend. A lie that is going to lead to more lies. I hated to lie, I wasn’t very good at is usually so I never did.

Well, I guess I’ll have to start practicing. I picked up the piece of ripped up paper, my Journal was destroyed, I had to go find another one.

One to keep track of all of the lies I should be punished for.