the help

the help

the help
yunho/changmin, implied yunho/jaejoong
general, fluff / pg13 / oneshot
Yunho has been sulking all week, much to Changmin’s annoyance (he blames Jaejoong for it). So being the good maknae that he is, he decides to put an end to it and take the matter in his own hands.

 

 

 

Changmin wasn’t exactly pleased when Yunho barged in his house three days ago – bringing four suitcases with him – declaring that he’s a nomad needing a new place to stay for a week or so. He remembered how he had called him a liar. “You just bought a house two months ago.” he said, judging the older man hard who did nothing but stare at him, lips slightly forming into a pout. “You know that won’t get you anywhere.” he stared back at him in incredulity but let him stay anyway.

“When I said you can stay, that didn’t mean you can sprinkle your crazy all over the place.”

“I miss him—“

“I know. That’s the seventy fifth time you told me that. In a span of fifteen minutes.” Changmin could only shake his head, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. Tastes good, he told himself. He might have to give the company a visit for a lifetime supply of the drink.

For the past few days, Yunho did nothing but sit on the couch and stare at his phone. He wasn’t eating well and refused to move out of the couch claiming that Jaejoong would be mad if he finds out he’s sleeping in another guy’s room. (“You could at least put your suitcases in the guest room, really.” “No.” “I insist.” “No.” “I won’t tell hyung.“ “No.” “Fine, whatever makes you happy.”)





Changmin passed by the living room as he headed to the kitchen and sighed seeing the older one aimlessly flicking through the channels. He grabbed two cans of soda and a box of donuts, deciding that he would at least try to help Yunho get his mind off of things for a short while. “Here we go,” he said, handing the can of soda which the other took and placed on the table. He rolled his eyes. “You’re not a kid. Don’t sulk. Now speak.”

He watched carefully as Yunho took a piece of donut, taking a bite. He smiled a little. Good, he’s eating. “You know,” Changmin was listening, relieved that he’ll be able to have a normal conversation with Yunho. “I miss him.”

“You’re going to kill me someday.” he mumbled, thinking that it was hopeless. Yunho’s hopeless. He hated it when Yunho goes all abnormal because of Jaejoong. He hated it because he has to deal with it. It’s not like it was the first time this happened. But this, probably, is the worst. He’s hoping it is because he didn’t want to deal with a depressed grown man again.

He did try to contact Jaejoong who just laughed at him and told him that in life, nothing’s impossible so yes, you’ll survive. The thought of him being pranked by his hyungs has never left his mind. He thought about it hard and realized that no, it would be impossible at a time like this. Everyone’s too busy to even talk to each other on the phone, let alone to plot such a lame and very annoying prank.

“What I don’t understand is, Jaejoong hyung could talk to me on the phone. Why don’t you pick your damn phone up and start dialing his number?”

Yunho pouted even more. Changmin chose to ignore that. “I’m not allowed to call or message him. He banned me.”

Changmin raised a brow, suddenly feeling like a guidance counselor scolding a student for throwing a sandwich at the teacher. “And the reason is?”

“I distract him.” Makes sense, he thought. “He can’t work properly with me sending him messages every five minutes and calling him every fifteen.”

“How do you do that? We’re just as busy as he is.”

Yunho shrugged. “Mad skills.”





“Would a double-sided tape ruin my skin?”

Kyuhyun stared at him in confusion. “You’re asking me that because?”

“Oh nothing,” he replied. “Just wondering.”

“Right. To answer your question…I don’t know, Changmin. Why don’t you try and tell me what happens then maybe, I could answer you by then.”

Changmin flipped him off.





The things I do for these fools. He sighed, running a hand through his hair before walking out of his room heading to where Yunho was. The living room, as usual. "Oh hey Changmin I--what the actual?!" Yunho did a double take, choking at his own saliva then pointed a finger at the youngest.

There stood Changmin, wearing a tight black skinny jeans, white v-neck shirt and a mask. A mask. With Jaejoong's face on it. "So...how do I look?" he asked with an unusually soft voice, as if trying to imitate Jaejoong's,

Yunho blinked.

And blinked some more.

"You...what...are you..Jaejoong?"

"Surprise?" He took the liberty to join Yunho on the couch, putting the older man's arm around his shoulder, snuggling in his arms. "Is this how you do it?"

As soon as Yunho snapped out of his reverie, he asked. "Changmin, what are you doing?"

"Trying to be Jaejoong hyung for a day." he stated simply. "Can't you just play along with it? It's for your own good. Geeze, I'm embarrassed enough as it is. Have mercy and stop asking so much and pretend you appreciate my effort because really, this was my last option. I don't even know why this was an option."

"You talk too much," Yunho paused before adding. "Just like him. Can you breathe properly though?" he asked worriedly, looking at the younger man in concern. The mask, apparently, doesn't have any holes in it. "You can take it off."

Changmin shook his head. "I would never. If I take this off, it would mean I, Shim Changmin, would be the one cuddling and doing sickeningly cheesy stuff with you. Don't give me more things to regret, please."

Yunho chuckled, deeply appreciating his effort of doing such thing to make him feel better. "Okay, boo." Changmin snorted and he proceeded to wrap his arms around the younger one's waist, a tad surprised that there was no protests.

Jaejoong would love to hear about this.





Two days later, Changmin spent the whole day in bed with his face red and itching like crazy. Stupid allergic reaction.