EXO- A Day at the Beach

It's Kind of a Funny Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was baby blue that had splotches of white clouds smeared on the sky.  The waves were crashing on the shore. 

I was lying on the beach in my one-piece, because I don’t really like bikinis.  For me, they show too much skin but for some people, they only wear bikinis.  Whatever.

I was reading a book, Divergent, by Veronica Roth.  It was an amazing book so far.  It hooked me into it so much that I was totally oblivious to what was happening around me. 

As I flipped to the next page to read chapter thirteen, a ball flew at me.  It wasn’t a beach ball, and it wasn’t a squishy ball.  It was a white, heavy volleyball that flew at me.

The volleyball did not fly at my legs.  It did not fly at my book.  No, it chose to hit my face.

Smack!  The ball smacked my face, knocking off my white Ray-Bans from my face and leaving a bright red mark on my cheek.  I dropped my book immediately and brought my hands up to my face.  Tears started to well up at the impact of the ball at my face. 

“Ow,” I whispered, rubbing my cheek and reaching for my sunglasses.

“Chanyeol!  What the heck?  Why can’t you aim the ball straight?” an annoyed voice yelled at the tall boy, who was walking towards the fallen volleyball that was near you.

“It wasn’t my fault, Lay!  Kai dared me to!” Chanyeol argued.

“I did not!” the tan boy cried out. 

You felt a hand lift your chin up and saw a really cute face looking at you.  He studied your face, then let go.

“Hmm,” he said,” I’m sorry.  My friends can get a bit loony when it comes to girls.”

“Huh?” I asked, looking at him confusedly.  He smiled and shook his head.

“My name is Xiumin!  I’m sorry that the volleyball hit you.  Chanyeol and Kai,” the boy said, “can get crazy when seeing girls like you at the beach. They are such attention cravers.”

“It’s ok.  Seems like you brought a big group of friends here,” I nodded to the group of weight guys playing four-on-four volleyball.

“It gets bigger.  There are four more of us here, setting up.  A grand total of twelve guys!” Xiumin replied.  “By the way, would you like to spend time with us, to make up for the careless hit that Chanyeol and Kai made that hurt you?  It will be the apology, since that kid didn’t even notice that he hit you.”

“Sure, I’d love to spend time with you.  And don’t worry about the apology, it was an accident.”  I picked up my blanket, bag and book and followed Xiumin.  He led me near the cliff wall, where there was more shade and a bit more seclusion than the rest of the beach. 

“Anyŏng haseyo!” a group of three guys greeted me.

“Anyŏng haseyo,” I replied.

“Guys, this is---” Xiumin looked at me, forgetting to even ask my name before.

“Hana.  Yoon Hana,” I said.

“This is Yoon Hana,” Xiumin told them.

“D.O”

“Kris.”

“Suho.”

“And the rest of our group is playing volleyball.  In case you missed this, guys, Chanyeol and Kai, umm, needs to be watched.  Hana was the first victim today.  She got a volleyball in her face.  Kai dared Chanyeol to hit the volleyball towards her, resulting in getting her cheek smacked,” Xiumin filled them in.  “So, I invited her to come over, because that doofus didn’t even apologize!”

“Suho…” Kris started.

“What?  It’s not my fault that Chanyeol can’t control himself!” Suho cried out.

“He’s twenty-one!  And he can’t even control himself?” Kris asked.

“Well, he is special,” Suho defended his friend.

Xiumin scoffed, “Special alright, in the head.”

D.O just shook his head, “Hana, just make yourself at home!”

I smiled and put my things near the edge of the cliff.  I came over and asked them if they needed any help.  They shook their heads that told me to relax.

They were really nice, and I wondered if I had seen them before.  Their names did sound familiar.

“Ok!  Guys!  Lunch is ready!  Hey!  Jongin!  Baekhyun!  Chanyeol!  Sehun!  Let’s go eat!” Suho yelled.

“Lu Han, Lay, Chen, and Tao, you too,” Kris said.

“But hyung—“

Kris shook his head, “No.  Now.”

All of the boys trudged up the beach to where the rest of us were waiting.  Kai and Chaneyol were snickering and pushing each other around.  Kris gave them an unamused look and they stopped. 

“Suho, you need to control your group better,” Kris said.

“I try.  They don’t listen.  They are still kids,” Suho explained.

“Yup, that’s why there is ‘Exo-Men’ and ‘Exo-Kids’!” Sehun shouted.

“Maknae.  Keep it down!” Baekhyun smacked the younger boy’s head.

“Luhannie!  Baekhyun is being mean!” Sehun cried and clung to another boy.

“Aish!  Sehun get off!” the boy, ‘Luhannie’, tried to shake him off.

“Alright.  But Lu Han hyung, tell Baekhyun to stop!” Sehun pouted as he let go of Lu Han.

“Aww…poor wittle Sehun is about to cry,” Chanyeol teased.

“Shut up!  You good for nothing giant!” Sehun said.

“Ok, guys stop it!  We have another person here as well,” Xiumin pointed out to me.

“Her?  Chanyeol, you are screwed!” Kai laughed.

“Ahem.” Kris shot them all a look to shut up, and they did.  I was impressed.  “This is Yoon Hana.  Chanyeol and Kai, you owe her an apology.”

“What?  We did nothing!” they both cried out.

“Then explain the red mark on her cheek,” Suho said.  Both of the boys sighed in defeat.

“We’re sorry, Hana.  There, happy now hyung?” Chanyeol and Kai taunted Kris.

“Yes.  I suppose so.  Now, let’s eat!”

Everyone made a mad scramble to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter