C-Clown- Rome-o and Juliet?

It's Kind of a Funny Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a stuffy afternoon, in a dim auditorium.  I was getting ready for the first rehearsal of our school play, “Romeo and Juliet”.  I was so excited because I got the main part in the play, Juliet. 

Yoo Ba-rom, also known as Rome, plays Romeo.  It’s ironic – Rome: Romeo.  Ok, I know that I’m a bit weird.  Whatever, he is one of the nicest guys in my school.  His group, C-Clown, are also really good friends with me as well.  But in my opinions, even as friends, they are a bit loony and crazy sometimes...I’m just saying that nicely.  But it’s true. 

“Alright!  Let’s get started!” Ms Kim, out drama director, addressed everyone.

“Are you excited?” my friend Baiya asked me, gripping my arms.  I gave her a nervous smile.

“Half and half,” I answered honestly.

“You are so lucky!  You get to work with Rome! Eo!” she laughed.  “Get it?  Rome-eo?  That was a knee slapper!”

“Bai-ah!” I called her by her nickname.  “Stop teasing me, you are going to embarrass me!”

“Don’t worry Jian-Ai!  I won’t!  I’ll keep your pride up high!” Baiya winked and skipped onstage.  I shook my head, wondering when she would ever learn.

An arm came around my shoulders and I jumped and turned around to see Siwoo standing there next to me. 

“Siwoo!” I cried out.  “What are you doing here?  Aren’t you supposed to be at soccer practice?”

He smirked and said, “I heard that you and Rome are in the play.”  He wiggled his eyebrows.  “We, C-Clown, will be there to watch the play.  I just want to tell you, that there shall be no kissing or inappropriate stuff during the play.  For the sake of T.K and Maru.  I don’t want their innocence to leave them yet, its fun to mess around with them when they have no idea what is going on…why are you giving me that look?”

I was staring at him with an are-you-kidding-me-look.  “Uhm, you do know that your maknae reads um…Playboy, right?” I whispered the last part.

“WHAT?!?  NO!  He would never!” Siwoo defended Maru. 

“He does…if you don’t believe me; just check his room for the magazines.  I’m not lying,” I explained. 

“Whatever, just no kissing ok?  None at all, understand?”

“If you are so against it, just be a part of the directing crew.  Then you can make all the decision you want.”

“Really?” Siwoo’s eyes lit up.

“No, I was just joking!  Bye!  Gotta go!” I gave him a quick hug and ran up the stage to where the rest of the drama students were.

“Alright!  It’s great that we can have a lot of the student body participate in this year’s play!  I’m really excited to work with a great bunch of you!  This should be the highlight of this year!” Ms Kim exclaimed when I finally stood onstage with everyone else who was already there.  “We also still need a few students to be part of the directing assembly, to help put the play in order.  So, if you have any friends who are interested, let them know!”

Rome stood next to me and leaned over, “I saw that Siwoo was talking to you earlier.  Was it about the play perhaps?”

I nodded, “Yup, he was big on the whole ‘no kissing’ scenes.”  

“Yeah, he’s like that when it comes to romance.  Aish!  That kid,” Rome chuckled. “He is sooo overprotective of his dongsaengs.  Even I’m not like that, they need to learn what happens in the real world, not be hidden from it forever, like what Siwoo is doing.”

“Hahaha, that is so true.  I hope that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter