Chapter 2

My Soul Mate

 

No One’s POV

 

Sungjae finally came back to earth. Right there and then, he started to seek for his human partner. His feet brought him to a park; A park full of normal people who is happy and enjoying their time with their families and colleagues.

 

“Aissshhh...! I don’t know where I should start looking for that girl!!” Sungjae kicked a can of softdrink from the ground and it moved.

 

“Whoa! I can touch things?!” he started to touch some people and things yet he can’t.

 

He scratched his nape, “T-That’s weird…” and suddenly he thought of something.

 

He pressed the button on his wristwatch.

 

“Let’s see if this thing really works…” he waited yet no Minhyuk appeared.

 

He pressed multiple times again and finally the angel of death appeared in front of him.

 

“Yah!! Can’t you wait??! I am in a middle of something and you won’t stop pressing that button!! Aissshhh…” Minhyuk said irritated.

 

“You didn’t say press it just ONCE you know??” Minhyuk rolled his eyes to Sungjae.

 

“Okay… So what’s your thing? Why did you call for my existence?”

 

“I don’t know where to start looking for the girl…”

 

“So…?” Minhyuk lifted an eyebrow to Sungjae.

 

“What so? You should help me!! I mean can you give me atleast a clue for this?”

 

“O-Oh… But I can’t give you any clue… I’m an angel of death remember??” he said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

“B-But… You’re still an angel… Can’t you ask for any clue? J-Jebal…” Sungjae said battling his eyelashes.

 

“Yuck! Stop that cutie-patootie act will you?! It’s giving me goosebumps… Like ahhh…” Minhyuk shivered in disgust.

 

“Then give me a clue…” Sungjae cuddled the angel’s arm.

 

“Arasso! Arasso! Let go of my hand…! Wait for me here!”

 

Sungjae removed his arms around Minhyuk’s and the angel vanished in a split of second.

 

While waiting for him to come back, Sungjae thought about his body; where would it be? How will he find it in just one month? Can he really accomplish his mission and come back to life? Having these thoughts made him quite hopeless.

 

All of a sudden, Minhyuk re-appeared in his sight…

 

“I’m back kid! Here’s your clue…” Minhyuk handed Sungjae an envelope and said that he can’t help him more than giving the clue to him and disappeared again.

 

Sungjae then opened the enveloped and got confused to the clue… “Knowledge…?”

 


 

Hyeshin is feeding his brother when suddenly Ilhoon popped-up in front of her from nowhere. Fortunately, she didn’t spill his brother’s food on the floor. Ilhoon decided to seat on the couch and wait until she finished taking care of her brother.

 

“Why are you here?” she said whispering so her brother’s sleep will not be disturbed.

 

Ilhoon stood up and signaled her to come to the bathroom. There, he told her that her partner already started finding them.

 

“That’s good! I hope he’ll find me quick…”

 

Ilhoon nodded “I can’t wait for the mission too…! It’s like an adventure!” he smiled widely like a child and she giggled.

 

Hyeshin wanted to know about her brother’s illness so she decided to have a visit on the city library. Ilhoon went with her since he doesn’t want to be alone at the hospital. They arrived at the library and Hyeshin started to look for books while Ilhoon is busy checking out the humans around the whole place.

 


 

Sungjae’s POV

 

“Hmmm… Knowledge… I wonder what does this mean.” I scratched the back of my neck. Aigooooo… This mission is not that easy after all…

 

While thinking, I decided to have a walk on the streets. There are so many people around. They are busy on what they’re doing that they can’t be disturbed. I passed by a dukkbokki stand and it smells good. I felt my stomach grumbled; it seemed like souls can also be hungry.

 

“Eomma…! I don’t want to eat anymore…” a kid whined to his mother beside me.

 

“Aigooooo… This kid…! Okay come on…” the mother pulled his son away the food stand.

Whoa! That seemed delicious…

 

I reached for the stick yet I can’t grab it with my hands. “Aissshhh!! I’m hungry already… Can’t you please be with me?” I said as I continue to try grabbing the stick.

 

After a while, I grew annoyed and focused myself on grabbing the stick. Unexpectedly, I had grabbed the stick and I ate the whole plate of dukkbokki that the kid left.

 

“Whoa!! Mata!!! If I came back to life I’ll definitely go back here to eat..!”

 

And with that I remembered that I’m on the process of thinking about the clue. I decided to walk again and my feet lead me in front of the city library.

 

Oh yeah…! A library… It may somehow be connected to knowledge!

 

I went in and saw so many people. I didn’t know that there are so many people going here; maybe because I don’t even go to libraries when I was a kid.

 

When I was roaming around, my eyes caught a glimpse of a girl. I can’t really see her face from afar but she seemed so serious on what she’s reading. She has a company; maybe it was her boyfriend since he’s seated across her and his stares are really intimate.

 

Omo! Her boyfriend seemed to notice that I’m looking on her…! I gulped when he stood up and somehow going to approach me.

 

Naaaaah! How will he see you idiot?! You’re a soul right now!

 

Then the boyfriend is out of my sight. “Wheeew! You’re such an idiot by thinking that he can really see you Sungjae” I giggled quietly due to my action awhile ago.

 

“So you’re name is Sungjae huh?” the boyfriend appeared in front of me and I stumbled down the floor.

 

“Omo!! You can see me?!” we both said in unison.