Chapter 1

My Soul Mate

 

Sungjae’s POV

 

I was driving my car to my aunt’s house when a very fast car swiveled its way from the other lane to mine. That time I thought the whole world around me stopped for a second then BOOOOOOOOOOM!!

 

I felt my car bumped into the other and it swirled round and round the road.  A flash of light came into my view and my sight suddenly went blank.

 


 

 

No One’s POV

 

Sungjae opened his eyes…

 

“W-Who are you?” Sungjae said narrowing his eyes.

 

A person wearing jeans and knitted sweater popped in front of him and smiled.

 

“Hello there kid… How are you feeling right now?” the person said reaching his hands to Sungjae.

 

“Ehhrmmm… I-I’m fine…” Sungjae stood up from bed while keeping his eyes to the person.

 

“May I know who are you? And where am I??”

 

The person looks around and said “You’re at heaven…”

 

“M-Mwo?! W-Why am I here?? You don’t look like you’re from heaven..!”

 

“Can’t you remember what happened to you?” the person said questioning him.

 

Sungjae tried to remember what happened to him then finally realized the situation.

 

“OMO!! Did I die??! Andwaeee!!! Are you God?? Don’t let me die now…! Please…! I have so many things to do in my life…” Sungjae replied pleading to the person in front of him.

 

The person giggled at him and said “I’m not God pabo! Does God look like this?! Aissshhh… And you didn’t die… yet.”

 

“T-Then why am I here in heaven?! And can you now tell me who are you?!” Sungjae said lifting one of his eyebrows.

 

The person led Sungjae to a place where there is a huge screen where they can see an image of Sungjae’s body on earth.

 

“I am an angel of death, Lee Minhyuk imnida… And as you can see, that’s your body right there laying on a bed… It’s like you’re in a deep coma,” the person said pointing to the image on the screen.

 

“D-Deep coma?! GOOD!!! But why I’m still here??! I can go back to my body, right?” Sungjae said to Minhyuk.

 

“Not yet buddy…” Minhyuk stopped him.

 

“W-Wae??! But I’m not yet dead..! I can go back to my body!” Sungjae said shaking Minhyuk’s shoulder.

 

Minhyuk smacked Sungjae’s head to calm him down and said “Let me speak first you pabo! Yes, you can go back to your body on earth”

 

“But you’ll have a mission that you have to complete before you can live again,” Minhyuk tapped the screen and an image of a girl in a hospital popped-up.

 

“This girl will help you accomplish your mission. You should find her.”

 

“Is that already the mission? Whoa! That’ll be easy…” Sungjae smirked.

 

“Hold it right there kid..! That’s not your mission...”

 

Sungjae is really confused and irritated right now.

 

“Then what’s my mission? Say it already so I can start now..!” he said while holding Minhyuk by his sweater.

 

Minhyuk grew irritated and said “Will you stop being like this?! If you won’t, I will not give you the information about your mission!”

 

Sungjae let go of his grip on Minhyuk’s sweater so the latter will continue what he’s supposed to say.

 

 “Your mission is to find your body for one month only.”

 

“W-What??!” Sungjae whined. “How will I look for my body in whole South Korea for just one month?? Are you insane??!”

 

“That’s why you’ll have your partner to help you right?” Minhyuk said as a-matter-of-factly.

 

“You should find her real fast kid because it will be hard. Once I brought you back to earth, you will be a lost spirit and only your partner can see you. You will not remember the when, where and how of your accident. Only your name is the information that you will know.”

 

“Whoa!! That’s sick!!! How will I determine the place where we can look for my body if I can’t remember anything?”

 

“Oh well… That’s the catch of this mission… Don’t worry! You and your partner will be given clues about the information every now and then…”

 

“So you’re saying that what I should do is to find the girl and seek for her help in determining my accident’s information for me to find my body…” Sungjae said while thinking about things.

 

“Yep! Wow..! You’re bright!” Minhyuk smiled muffling Sungjae’s hair.

 

“That person’s guardian angel will bring you the clues … you can call me too if you want... Just press this button right here.”  Minhyuk handed Sungjae a wristwatch.

 

“Whoa! This is nice…!”

 

“Remember, doing the mission will not be as smooth like what you’re thinking… There will be some complications so be aware.”

 

“Arasso… Now, can you please let me go back to earth so I can start my mission already?”

 

Minhyuk nodded and walked Sungjae to a door saying that it is the entrance to earth. Sungjae opened the door and went in. The door suddenly vanished and right that time; Sungjae travelled to earth.

 

 


 

 

Hyeshin’s POV

 

I’m still here at the hospital. My brother has an incurable disease so I’m here to look for him. He’s my only family now and I don’t want him to leave me too.

 

He’s in deep sleep right this moment so I decided to go to the chapel of the hospital so I can pray for him.

 

“Dear God, please let my brother live… The doctor said that his life will not take too long. I don’t know what to do if he leaves me…. Don’t take him away from me just like what you did to our parents. He’s the only one I have right now… Please God… Don’t do this to me…”

 

Tears suddenly came down from my cheeks as I pray for my brother. Right there and then, a flash of light began to form and an angel stood right in front of me.

 

I can tell that it is not the typical spirit that I always encounter. Yep! That’s right..! I can see things that normal people can’t see. I have this gift since I was a child. But now is the first time I saw this kind of spirit.

 

“Annyeong Hyeshin-ah!” the spirit waved at me with full of joy in his face. I think he’s a good spirit. He’s so cute also.

 

I looked around the chapel to see if there’s someone with me. Cleared! No one’s with me. Time to know this spirit…

 

“U-Uhmmm... A-Annyeonghaseyo!” I bowed at him respectively.

 

“You’re too polite…” he said. “By the way, Ilhoon imnida…! Jung… Il… Hoon…” he said reaching for my hand.

 

“O-Oh… Annyeong! How did you know me?” I said as I accept his hand shake.

 

“Hmmmm… I’m your guardian angel..!” he smiled widely as he answers my question.

 

“W-Whoa! I can see angels too? Cool! Uhmmm… So, why did you appear just now? I don’t see you then...”

 

“Nice question there Hyeshin-ah… I’m here to deliver your mission.”

 

I gave him a quizzical look. “What do you mean mission?”

 

“Yep! Mission… You prayed for your brother’s illness right?” he sat right next to me.

 

“Neh… How is that connected to my mission?”

 

“Your mission is to help a lost soul to find his own body that is in a deep comma… If you accomplish that, your brother will be cured... But the mission will last for only one month.”

 

“Then how will I meet that person?” I asked Ilhoon.

 

“Sorry but I don’t know him too. They just told me to deliver your mission. I don’t know much about the details. One thing that I know is you’re the only person who may see him.”

 

“So I’ll just wait for him?”

 

He nodded. “Maybe he’s looking for you already. God will make your way to him.”

 

“H-Him?? So the lost soul that I have to help is a guy?” I lifted an eyebrow to Ilhoon and he nodded.

 

“Okay, I’m gonna leave you now, okay? Don’t worry, I’ll always be by your side.” He smiled and suddenly vanished.

 

I walked back to my brother’s room and decided to sleep on the couch.

 

I hope we can finish the mission so that my brother will be healed. I wonder how that lost soul will find me...