Chapter 8

*:♪・゚’☆ Who Said I Do? *:♪・゚’☆

Chapter 8

        You parked the BMW then you walked energetically toward the beauty clinic. You greeted the receptionist with a friendly smile as you entered the clinic.

“There’s an early appointment that will begin in 5 minutes you-ssi. The morning is fully-booked as well as the afternoon.” The receptionist checked the computer. “Hmm… Kang Yoojin. Her record card is already inside the treatment room.”

        You hurried through and dress yourself in this cute cream coloured uniform that you were required to wear at the clinic before checking the record for your clients preferred aromatic oils.

        The morning appointments fallen into the afternoon, with one client calling in ahead saying she will be late, reducing your schedule lunch break to an insufficient 15 minutes, just enough time for a rapidly eaten sandwich and a cola.

        However it was rewarded for somewhat when your 3:00 o’clock appointment failed to arrive on time, and at 3:45 you checked with the receptionist.

“Well…” she sighed. “Jang So Ra-ssi hasn’t called yet. Maybe she’s stuck in some kind of a traffic.”

Mwo? Jang So Ra?

That Jang So Ra??

        Your stomach muscles started to become rigid as you heard her name. You couldn’t believe the likehood of coincidence because word travelled fast in the social set and the clinic was a favourite haunt of several leading socialites.

        Exactly at 4 pm, a good 1 hour late, the tall model dashed into the receptionist in her designer outfit a stunning complement to her striking good looks.

“Oh! you-ah!” She shouted with such fake surprise. “You’re working here?”

“The clinic’s aromatherapist couldn’t come because of an emergency.” You explained softly. “I’m just filling in until they find someone else to take her place.”

“Oh~ How noble of you.” Jang So Ra spoke.

Oh! This girl is a snake!

Purely evil!

A snake that is ready to attack…

Spit its poison…

And ready itself to cause pain.

         Expertise was responsible for your warm smile. “Please come through.” Leading the way, you moved towards a private room at the rear of the main salon. “There are towels and bathrobes just behind the door. I’ll give you a few minutes to change and make yourself comfortable.”

        There was no doubt that the model possessed a beautiful, graceful, with smooth, toned muscle and outstanding skin. You set to work, assuring yourself that the only way to get through the appointment was to disregard any personalities and simply do your job.

And with luck…

Hopefully So Ra will

Shut up…

Lie here quietly…

And

Just enjoy the therapeutic qualities without feeling the need to offer anything by the means of us having a conversation.

“If you don’t mind me bringing this up I’m just wondering why are you working here?” So Ra began her question was fine, however her damn mouth wouldn’t just shut up which made you pissed when she added. “When you have a nice little fortune of your very own. Seunghyun can barely approve, right?”

Oh So Ra! Damn you… it’s none of your business.

“Why wouldn’t he when it is only a temporary arrangement.”

“Just like your marriage?”

you-ah be careful…

“Pardon me? Whatever gave you that idea?”

“Let’s just say I know Seunghyun well enough than you and be aware that you won’t content, fulfil his desires and please him for long.” She mocked.

“Oh Jeongmal?”

“Ne chincha… Seunghyun likes his women approachable and provocatively… creative.” She offered kindly in a whisper.

        It took all your control not to strangle her and cause minor injury as you forced yourself to continue with the massage. “You mean to match his lusty appetite?”

“He IS SUCH a breath-taking lover.” She offered with a guttural laugh. “Crudely simple yet displaying incredible affection. And incredible intoxicating combination, wouldn’t you agree?”

        You refrained yourself from making any comment as you selected an aromatic oil and began the gentle, rhythmic movement, focusing all your concentration on completing the therapy without allowing Jang So Ra to unsettle your composure.

“It’s amazing how many of the wealthy arrange suitable marriages.” Jang So Ra observed with marked sarcasm. “A husband strengthens and secures his position and financial standing by taking a wife whose assets equals his, for wealth is power and a required appetizer into the upper social ranks. In your case… Seunghyun wanted to recover control over his umma’s inheritance.”

It makes sense!

Even if it was partially wrong…

It still made sense!

It makes me sick to think that So Ra was one of the several people who must thing or consider similar views on our union.

However…

It is impossible that So Ra here knew the coverage of my inheritance, just as it is equally impossible to imagine Seunghyun oppa revealing any details.

Which means Jang So Ra had taken an analysed guess

And intentionally wanted to impose determined…

Psychological damage…

        At last the session was over and you left the room in order for Jang So Ra to get dress then you forced yourself to summon a friendly smile when the model went out to the reception.

“So I’ll see you tonight?” Jang So Ra declared and you casted her a confused glance. “You know the premier movie tonight?” Slanting one eyebrow in slight disbelief. “Seunghyun was invited to attend so he had tickets. Surely he told you right?”

“Oh yeah! ne majayo! The premier tickets for the Mai Ratima.” You spoke.

        The moment you saw the trailer you were interested in watching it. Tonight was a much publicised and praised event. Mai Ratima was a publicised triumph featuring an excellent cast.

“No doubt I’ll see you there.” Her smile was wide and infinitely deadly and it took considerable effort for you to recollect an appearance of calm.

Keh! Not if I see you first!

“A friend of yours?” the receptionist ask when Jang So Ra left.

“Ani… aniyo… Not exactly a friend… More like an acquaintance.” You corrected her. “I didn’t realise she was a client here.”

“Ne… I know who she is… of course… but…” she declared. “But I’ve never seen here before.”

Is it possible?

Is it possible that the appearance of Jang So Ra had been a calculated attempt to fluster my composure?

        The fact hardly helped your peace of mind as you drove the short distance home.

“Haera-ssi I’m home!” you called as you headed towards the kitchen.

Haera was washing the dishes as she greeted you with a smile. “Welcome home dear… Seunghyun-ssi called he said he was gonna be a little late.”

“Oh yeah…” you smiled at her. “I got his message.”

She chuckled. “You didn’t answer his text that’s why he called here. Anyway did you had a good day?”

Up until an hour ago…

No don’t say that pabo!

That will provoke questions…

“Yep! It was great. Anyway I’ll see you later Haera-ssi.” You kissed her cheek then left the kitchen.

        You lightly ran upstairs to take a bath and after doing so, you quickly slipped into your fresh underwear and removed the towel on your hair before going out the bathroom with the intention of looking something to wear for the later event, only to come to an unexpected stop at the sight of TOP in the process of removing his jacket.

“Finished using the bathroom?”

        You nodded then you stepped towards the extensive walk-in wardrobe, removing the first clothes you could find and deciding to check on the clothes for the event later.

“Haera-ssi told me that dinner will be ready in 10 minutes.” He spoke as you slid the dress over your head then smoothed it down over your hips and fasten the zip.

“Arrasso oppa… I’ll go and help.” It was an escape at best, and you breathed a small sigh of relief as you went down the stairs.

        You were so intensely polite during dinner that it drew TOP’s attention.

“You know you-ah… If something is bothering you… you could always tell me… Or better yet why not well me.”

“Nah it’s nothing oppa.”

“Come on… Back then you used to open up and tell me everything.”

You stopped eating the delicious food that Haera prepared for you as you looked at him. “Oppa… That was BACK then… and why would you think that something is bothering me?”

A slight smile was visible at the edges of his mouth and his eyes held noticeable scepticism. “Are you really determined to make this a guessing game?”

You breathed in trying to control your anger. “I didn’t know we were playing a game. Besides you’ll only be amused.”

“Why would you imagine that I would be amused by anything that affects you?”

        A faint muffled feeling settled in the region of your heart. You knew you would never win against TOP. He was too sharp, too naturally observant and understanding ever to be fooled by any cover-up you might attempt to create.

“It’s nothing that I can’t handle oppa.” You said with a shrug,

“I have a little doubt you can.” He said thoughtfully.

“Such faith you have.” You mocked and a twinkle of humour lit his dark eyes.

“You know that you’re a beautiful young lady.” He told you softly. “Possessed of a big-hearted soul and if anyone… anyone tries to hurt you they would have to go and answer to me.”

        You face went hot but somehow you managed to stop it from turning pink. And somehow you had to bring some humour into the situation because if you didn’t you knew you would go to pieces and that would never do.

“Pfft… So does that mean I should start making a list oppa?” you chuckled.

“Yah I’m being serious here.”

I know you are oppa…

But I wonder…

I wonder if I told you that…

Or if I reveal to you that…

That your ex-girlfriend is the source of this…

How would you react?

Would you back out on your word?

“I’m finished eating… I’ll clean everything here.” You indicated while stacking up the plates together.

“Aniyo you-ah… Leave it to Haera-ssi… There isn’t enough time.” TOP instructed as he called Haera.

        Upstairs you put on a make-up, fixed your hair then changed into a black designer dress that definitely looked good on you and highlighted the slenderness of your delicate curves. Slipping you feet into matching shoes, you gathered up an evening bag and turned towards to TOP.

       

         TOP looked so damn gorgeously handsome as usual. His broad, sculpted features were visual verification to an enviable mix of inherited genes. Yet there was so much more apparent than mere physical good looks because he emitted an aura of power and inherent strength together with heightened degree of latent uality.

 

TOP chuckled. Wow… Are you planning to be the centre of attention at the event?

Aniyo… I could ask the same thing to you. you smiled.

“Or perhaps do you want me to only look at you tonight?”

“Ha-ha-ha... very funny. Shall we go?”

“What’s the rush?” He grinned while studying you.

“Look oppa if you have problems with the dress just say so and I’ll change it quick… You don’t have to…”

He cut in as he had a hint of twinkle in his eyes. “Aniyo you -ah. I don’t have problems with the dress. I just don’t like the idea of how people would look at you… and be mesmerized… at the event the way I do...”

O shibal! Butterflies in my stomach! Stop damn it!

“Oppa!” you tried not to blush. “Keumanhae… I’m gonna change.” You tried to walk pass him.

He grabbed your arm gently then leaned on the wall coolly as he chuckled. “Mianhae you-ah… Don’t… I honestly like it… The words that I wanted to say to you just failed to come out of my mouth. I just wanted to say how beautiful you look tonight. I don’t think I won’t be able to take my eyes off you for later. Just stick with me okay? I don’t want to see men throwing themselves to you.”

“Let’s just go oppa.” You turned your back, blushed and whispered. “There you go again talking nonsense.”

        You knew it was dangerous that you weren’t able to calm the thrill of pleasure that stole your body as you leaded him from the house and took your seat in the car.

        You dangye appa possessed similar qualities as TOP, you thought as TOP started the powerful engine and sent the car out of the driveway. The only difference TOP and your dangye appa had, Was… Your dangye appa only had his eyes on ONE woman… just ONE woman… your saeeomma.

        To want that kind of love yourself was wishing for the impossible dream.

Damn this!

Such self-analysis is not only detrimental,

It’s undeniably disruptive!

It would be better if I just concentrate on the surroundings and think about the pleasure of experiencing the premier of Mai Ratima.

        You both arrived at the event and you adjusted your eyes to the bright lights as the door flung open. TOP went out the other side and quickly stood at the side of your door. He stood at the long red carpet handsomely as he offered his arm with a smile.

        Cameras were flashing everywhere and the people were screaming TOP’s name on top of their lungs. You grabbed and clenched TOP’s arm feeling nervous as you walked side by side while you both gave the photographers want they want.

         When you both reached inside TOP looked around, obviously he was looking for the BigBang members. While he was looking for the guys you saw Jang So Ra who was socializing with the other celebrities.

Oh great! I have to see her face again.

I wonder…

Did Seunghyun oppa notice her?

        You looked at TOP. It seems like he still hasn’t notice So Ra’s presence since he was still busy looking around while smiling at the people who passed by him.

Hah! Chance!

I need to take him somewhere that So Ra can’t see us while the movie hasn’t started.

“Seunghyun oppa” You smiled at him.

“Hmm… Yeah?” He faced you as he smiled back.

“You’re looking for the oppas right?”

He gave a laugh through his nose. “Ne… Mianhae you-ah”

“Eh? For what?” you were confused.

“For being distracted looking for the guys.”

“Oppa” you chuckled. “What does that have to do with me?”

“I thought…” He pointed you out.

“Thought what oppa?”

He whispered to your ears. “I thought you were getting sad for not giving you all my attention tonight. Don’t worry you look so beautiful tonight. There might be a lot of pretty celebrities here but to me you’re the prettiest.” He kissed your cheek.

You pushed him as your face was blushing hard. “Eish! There you go again.”

He chuckled as he grabbed your hand. “What? It’s the truth.”

You smirked. “Eish! Keumanhae! This guy!” You saw So Ra heading towards you both behind TOP. “Oppa let’s go look for the guys there huh?” you smiled then dragged him with you.

        When you were both near the enormous doors of the cinema theatre you stopped and looked behind.

“Looking for someone?” TOP asked smiling.

You were startled so you shook your head and gave a nervous chuckle. “A-a-Aniyo… I only know a few people here and I was just looking behind to see… I mean to look for… uh… uhmm… for the oppas… Yeah! Looking for the oppas!”

“Looking for the oppas huh?” TOP’s eye brow rose while he smirked.

“Wae? Waeyo?” you removed your eyes from his.

TOP lifted your chin. you-ah… No need to pretend. You did that to get away from So Ra right?”

Hearing her name coming from TOP’s mouth pissed you off. “Tsch! I didn’t.” you lied.

“Look… If I did wanted to talk to her, I should’ve just stopped you from dragging me here and better yet I could’ve approached her when I saw her as we entered the lounge.”

“So you did notice her.” Your eyes widened as those words escape from your mouth.

He smiled. “I would be lying if I told you I didn’t. She’s too hard to miss you-ah.” TOP looked like he regretted uttering his last words.

You glared at him. “Ne… She’s too hard to miss huh?” You grinned. “She’s too damn pretty isn’t she? For your eyes to miss her like that? Ne! Mianhae… Mianhae for dragging you away from her, Oppa just so you know I’m not stopping you from going to her. You’re free.”

He gave a sighed. “Aniyo you-ah don’t misunderstand me. She’s an attention seeker. Males are… I’m not gonna continue anymore.”

“Ani… Jebal continue oppa. Wae? Why stop?” you provoked him.

“Are we seriously gonna fight with this nonsense?” he hugged you. you-ah there’s no need to be jealous.”

You pushed him. “Don't get full of yourself. Who says I’m jealous? Besides don’t just hug me casually people might see.” You looked away.

“Mwo? What people you-ah? Everyone is at the lobby and the screening doesn’t start in 10 minutes and as you can see this place is practically deserted for now.”

You ignored him and turned your back. “Let’s go back.”

He grabbed your hand gently but his voice was somehow furious, you-ah! For once could you please stop being cold towards me and be honest with your feelings!”

“I could say the same thing to you oppa! And what feelings are you talking about? I already told you I’m not jealous!”

“Jigeum Jangnananya?? Geojimal Hajima! (Are you kidding me? Don’t lie!)”

“Nal michige hae! Nwajweo! (You’re driving me crazy! Let me go!)” You shouted.

“Oh! Yeogi museun il-iya? (What’s happening here?)” A familiar voice said.

TOP let go turned to face that person as you removed his hand from you. “Oh! Ji! Shibal! You scared the out of me!”

“Yah! Hyeong what are you guys doing here?” Taeyang asked.

“Looking for you guys?” TOP responded.

“Here?” Seungri asked with a grin written on his face. “Hyeong it looks like you two are having a fight. Should we give you some privacy?”

You smiled and shook your head. “Aniyo it was just a misunderstanding.” You gently moved TOP away so you could see the BigBang members.

“Wahh~” the four members uttered in chorus as they saw your whole view, they adored you.

You blushed as you greeted them. “W-Waeyo?”

you-ah! You look really pretty tonight.” Daesung said.

“It seems like it was yesterday when you were still a kid and now… wow… I’m… wow… You look very pretty.” GD said. “Now I know who Jaebom hyung was talking about when we arrived here.”

“Jaebom who?” TOP asked.

“You know hyeong… Park Jaebom a.k.a Jay Park.” Daesung said.

“Chincha? Jay Park is here?” you smiled.

GD looked at TOP then back at you. “Ne… He kept on asking everyone who was the girl TOP hyung was with. He’s looking for you… actually some of the guys are also looking for you and hyung. Seems like they are interested with you and…”

TOP cleared his throat. “Not interested at the topic... Married… She’s married…”

The guys laughed then Taeyang said. “We know hyung but some of them doesn’t know that.”

“Tsch! could you stick with me until the event ends?” TOP looked, his eyes were very possessive. “I should’ve allowed you to change before we went here.”

GD chuckled as he looked at his watch. “We only have a few minutes before the doors open.”

        You all stayed there until the crowd showed up in front of the doors of the cinema theatre and it was a pleasure seeing some of your celebrity friends there.

        The not so pleasant part is when you guys saw Jang So Ra’s appearance beside TOP, and you felt that you should be praised for your acting ability as you offered Jang So Ra a polite greeting.

        There were a lot of words to describe words to describe the beautiful Jang So Ra but you could only think of one… Stunning. TOP’s line in Fantastic Baby just suited her looks so much. From her head to her toes, there’s a visual shock”.

        Graceful at TOP’s side, Jang So Ra looked his perfect complement, for her height in slender high heels brought the top of her head level with TOP’s eyes.

I envy her… Jang… So… Ra…

She doesn’t possess an insecure bone in her body.

She has fame… fortune…

In other words she is blessed with everything!

Yet she didn’t have Seunghyun oppa.

Or did she?

Wait… wait… wait…

Is Jang So Ra willing to wait on the sidelines?

Is she willing to accept whatever attention

Seunghyun oppa could offer her

Whenever he can?

Until…

Until… Seunghyun oppa asks for divorce?

Maybe So Ra didn’t consider our marriage important.

ANI!

Of course So Ra would want it all!

And I am just a temporary interruption in her schemes.

“Ani, I don’t think so So Ra-ah.” You heard TOP’s deep voice talking to So Ra as you brought your attention back to the present. “I have business to attend to tomorrow.”

        His hand rested lightly at the base of your spine, and you felt its soothing movement as he trailed his fingers to your waist.

        Jang So Ra’s eyes narrowed slightly, and made a faint annoyed sound. “Seunghyun-ah you always go to the nightclub after an event with the guys in the past.”

“That was in the past So Ra-ah but now…” He smiled and looked at you lovingly. “Now I prefer to spend my time making love to my wife.”

        You blush and wanted to punch TOP for uttering those words in front of the BigBang members who were stopping themselves from laughing.

There was no sign of So Ra’s anger as she gave a soft chuckle from her lips. “Seunghyun-ah… all cats are alike in the dark.”

“Oh chincha? You think so?” TOP dodged lightly. “Would you care to match that saying to each of your lovers?”

Jang So Ra trailed her fingers teasingly on Seunghyun’s chin which shocked you and the BigBang members. “Seunghyun-ah do you want me to declare that you are the best? In the presence of your wife?” she asked softly.

        Without missing a beat, TOP removed Jang So Ra’s hand and release it, his expressions a polite disguise that fooled no one, least of all you, who felt positively sickened by the exchange.

You stood close to So Ra’s face as you offered with dangerous silkiness. “A graceful withdrawal is called for, don’t you think?” Jang So Ra murmured her excuses and disappeared through the crowd.

“Wahh~!” Daesung clapped who looked as shock as the other members with your action. “I didn’t know you would bite back.” he chuckled.

        You were about to reply to Daesung but you gave a slight start as the doors of the theatre opened. You were forced to walk at TOP’s side as you 6 entered the theatre.

        Within minutes of being seated the movie started despite the beautiful movie flashing before your eyes, all you could see was the scene earlier between Jang So Ra and TOP.

        You sat perfectly still, wishing with all your heart that you could get to your feet and make a grand exit.

Shibal! Shibal!

Seunghyun oppa! Geu Saeki!

Damn you and So Ra!

        Your anger got to the extent that you curled the fingers of one hand into the palm of your hand, then grimaced as the tips of your nails bit into your soft flesh.

        Without a warning TOP reached out and cover your hand with his own, you immediately attempted to pull it free. But his grip was too strong for you and short of making a scene so you had no choice but to shut up and endure it.

        Your heart kept pounding your chest hard, deepening with every beat until you felt your entire body was booming like loud speakers, and you gave a noticeable surprise as TOP’s fingers started caressing the throbbing veins at your wrist.

        You turned towards TOP, your brown eyes dazzling with unshed tears, and then you focused your attention on the screen in front.

        It was a great movie you enjoyed it and it was also a relief when the movie ended. When it was already okay to leave the seats you quickly rose to your feet, only to have him unbend his lengthy frame, giving every indication of accompanying you into the lobby.

        There was still an after-party and the members of BigBang insisted you both to come but you told them you were feeling tired. You told you would just go home but TOP could go but he said no and persisted to come home with you. After the quick chat with the guys you both said your farewells and parted ways.

        It was late by the time you both reached the car, and you sat in silence as TOP drove the car and entered the flow of traffic leaving the city.

        You both barely spoke during the short drive home, and once indoors you moved towards the stairs, only to come to an unexpected stop as hard fingers caught hold of your arm and swung you around to face him.

        You didn’t say a word; you just gave him a cold look before drawing slow attention to the hold he maintained on your arm.

TOP’s eyes were locked into yours. “Listen you-ah… My relationship with Jang So Ra was over… for a long long long time now.”

“Tsk… Look oppa. I have no interest in it or whatsoever.” You managed coolly, holding his gaze, your eyes silently at war against him.

“Oh Jeongmal? It isn’t?” TOP pursued with deadly softness.

“You want to conduct an examination of your exchange with So Ra-ssi earlier?” you demanded, aware of the watchfulness apparent beneath his mysterious disguise. “For what oppa? Tell me… For what purpose? It won’t change a single DAMN thing.”

“Damn it! Look… It wasn’t my intention for you to be hurt.”

“Hah! Funny… Because in order to be hurt oppa, you have to care.” You offered seriously, attempting to lighten the words with a slight smile yet failing… miserably.

“And you don’t?” he replied in faint sarcasm.

“Tsch!” your cheeks turned red in helpless anger. “Oppa whatever you did and with whom previous to our marriage is… NONE –OF -MY -BUSINESS.”

“Expertly handled you-ah.” TOP mocked as he watched the nervous pulse beating at the base of your throat.

        You were unaware of the deepness of your eyes and their dilation and the soft trembling of your mouth. You only knew the senselessness of pain, and the power of TOP who exerted it.

If I don’t escape right now…

I would probably resort to an unpleasant rage

Or even break into humiliating tears

And there’s no dignity in puffy red eyes

And of course uncontrollable emotion.

Rage would unavoidably bring revenge

And obviously…

I would never be able to deal with its outcome.

 

“It’s late oppa… I would love to go to bed.” You managed calmly and there was a fascinating silence, intensifying until you became conscious of every breath you took.

        TOP’s eyes deepened noticeably for a few long seconds, then his fingers loosened their grasp, and you turned away from him, ascending the stairs with careful reduced of movement.

        Inside the room you quickly removed your clothes, fixed your hair then cleansed your face before changing and slipping between the sheets.

        TOP entered the room when you were almost asleep, and you heard the rustle of fabric, followed minutes later by the soft depression of the mattress as he lay beside you.

        If TOP reached for you, you’d turn on him like a pissed-off tiger and your whole body tensed as you waited for him to make a move. When he didn’t you became somewhat annoyed, on the other hand willing him to begin something that would give you opportunity to consume some of your hidden anger.

        Soon you heard the soft, steady sound of his breathing, and it irritated excruciatingly to think that TOP would just calmly found sleep without any effort at all.

        Therefore it was ages before you relaxed adequately to follow his example, and when you woke up which was pass eight, you were alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry guys for updating now just now OTL

And for this update for just putting crappy stuff up :'(

Will you guys ever forgive me...

 

AHhaha XD Okay guys I had my REASONS!

Hmmm... I don't know if this is reasonable but...

 

 

*cries* I didn't lose my interest in TOP but I'm currently obssessing with Sistar right now.

 

 

 

HYORIN IN PARTICULAR! OMG! I'm gay >XD PUHAHAHA LOL naw~ I just like her ^^

That's just my reason number 1... number 2 would be *claps then dances Ma Boy*

Oh ma boy~ LOL I GOT A BOYFRIEND! FIRST! BWAHAHA XD LOL

But yeah you guys can be like...

 

HAHAHA anyway I'll be updating soon AND THIS TIME it won't be delayed since I'm currently thinking on starting another fic, even if I feel like I want to give up on writing :3

 

 

I'll see you soon guys bye-bye~ 

 

 

 

 

 

Please subscribe, leave a comment or do an upvote anything among these 3 will do... just let me know you're presence... Dear reader ^^