Chapter 4

You're My Dandelion

 

Jonghyun’s POV

“I just wanna hear you call my name.. ” I said then a second after I said I realized what I’ve said already, “eung, forget it, I’m sorry I didn’t mean anything, it’s okay if you call……” “It’s okay, I understand, Jonghyun-ssi” she cut my word and smiled. I stared at her, did she just called my name? There was a strange feeling when I heard her voice called my name. I like that. What’s going on me? What’s wrong with me? I just don’t understand. I keep thinking about her. Have I liked her? Or I just missed Minyoung that much? I wasn’t really sure.

“Why are you staring at me like that, Sir? You didn’t like the way I call your name? I’m sorry, Sir” Tiffany said. “No, it’s not like that. Keep call me like that, arraseo?” I said without looked at her. But I saw her turned down her head and smiled for a while. How cute was she. “Ne, Jonghyun-ssi, I understand” finnaly she said. “okay, then let’s break this awkward moment. Sorry if you didn’t feel comfortable with me, Tiff” I said. “No, I feel comfortable with you. Although, it was an awkward moment, I didn’t feel uncomfortable” she said and I just smiled. “Did you realize that we never talked about other things beside the works? I just realized” I asked her. “yes, I know it. I used to be afraid to talk about other topics since we weren’t close enough” she said. “Then, from now on, let’s be a good friend, let’s get closer. And everything will go better” I smiled, she just nodded her head and smiled. We stared at each other. Now, I didn’t feel uncomfortable again, I didn’t think it was an awkward moment, I didn’t know why. When we stared at each other like this, I just felt……comfortable.

 

Tiff’s POV

I didn’t know why, but I like this situation, listening to the song from Jonghyun’s music player *it was River Flows In You by Yiruma* and stared at each other like this, I really felt comfortable. I liked the way he looked at me. Those eyes are really deep and calm. He kept stare at me, I wondered what was he thinking. And a few second later he smiled, and I just realized that he has beautiful dimples. Why didn’t I know that he was a handsome guy? Oh my god! What was I thinking! Your face must looked like a fool, Tiffany! Babo! I scolded myself and turned my head. “Jonghyun-ssi” I said. “Ne?” “The light turns green” I told him. “ah! Yes! I didn’t realized” he said and drove the car.

“So, you used to lived in San Fransisco, right? Why did you move here? I think it’s better live there than here” Jonghyun-ssi said. “Ya, that’s right. But I wanna know about Korea and I wanna have a job experience here. My mother also asked me to accompany Yoochun oppa, she said that he has no time to take care himself since he was a busy bussinessman. And Da Hae unnie won’t be able to be on his side 24/7. So I just wanna help him take care of himsel. Although he has a big body, he could get sick easily” I said. “Finally, I can hear your voice a little longger, you used to be a shy girl” he laughed “I’m not a shy girl. I just wanna be a profesional when I was working so I didn’t talk too much when it doesn’t need, Jonghyun-ssi” I said with a smile. “Haha, I get it. And back to the topic, you’re a kind cousin huh? i envy with Yoochun hyung then. He has a really good cousin” he complimented me “It’s not like that. You also has a really good sister. Da Hae unni has a really good manner, you know? I wanna have a sister like her” I said. “She’s not. You knew she always does what she likes. Like before. She always makes me looks like a fool in front of a girl. Jinjja!” he blutered out. “Don’t think like that, I know she has a good mean” I said. “So, you agree with the matchmaking?” he asked. “no no. why are you thinking like that? I didn’t mean I agreed with her, I also against the matchmaking when she asked me” I was a little panic, I didn’t want him to think that I like him. “haha, you know what? You look cute when you panic” he said and smirked “and today, you look beautiful” he said again, wait, what? He said I was beautiful? Really? “ehm, sorry? What did you say?” I asked him “no, forget it, okay we arrived, come on” he said. I saw his cheek became little red. This guy is really something, I thought.

*at the restourant*

“YA!! Jongie~ah!! What took you so long? I’m hungry now” Oppa said when we arrived at the dinner table. “It’s not his fault, it’s yours. You chose a far far away restourant from our office” I said. And suddenly Jonghyun pulled the chair for me and asked me to sit down. “eeii, you’ve already looked like a couple” Da Hae unni teased us and Yoochun oppa laughed then agreed with her. “Btw, Tiff, why do you look very tired? Did Jonghyun give you many job to do?” Oppa asked. “I’m sorry, Hyung. Since we have a lot of  projects these day, she has many things to do too” Jonghyun-ssi apologized. “It wasn’t like that oppa, he’s tha best boss I’ve ever had” I said. “Omo! Finally Fany complimented my brother, oppa!” Da Hae unni said happily. “I’ve told you, babe, they’ll find their way to get closer with each other” Oppa said. Jonghyun and I just stared at each other. “Tiff, wanna order something? This restourant has a really delicious sashimi” Jonghyun said. “Ah, ne. I want one then”  I said. “Look, who tried to avoid us, Da Hae? They have a same personality” oppa said. “Haha, let’s stop teasing them, Oppa” unnie said. “That’s what you sould do since before” Jonghyun said. “Haha, mian mian. Okay let’s order” oppa apologized. After we ordered, unni asked me to accompany her to the toilet, I agreed but I saw her winked at oppa and oppa nodded, suddenly I knew that I’ve made a wrong decision to accompany her. I was sure that they’ve planned something about the matchmaking.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I felt not good when noona brought Tiffany to the toilet. I was sure it was their plan again. About the matchmaking of course. “Jongie, what do you think about Tiffany?” Hyung asked. My feeling was true, right? Hyung tried to talked about Tiffany. “ She’s hardworker, good secretary, very smart. Her works always makes me satisfied” I aswered. “Babo, it’s not I mean. I mean she as her, not as your secretary” Hyung scolded me. “oh, ya, she’s kindhearted, funny, brave, independent, beautiful” I said. “that’re your type of girl right? so, you like her?” Hyung asked without doubt. My heart beat faster. Did I like her? I didn’t know the answer. I can’t say no, because I kept thinking about her these days. But I can’t say yes too, I afraid if it was only a feeling because she has a same look and personality as Minyoungie. “Why? You can’t answer? You afraid if your feeling isn’t true? You afraid if it was only because she has a same looks Minyoungie?” Hyung said. Really, how can he know what’s in my mind? I just could stay silent. I don’t know what I must say. “Come on Jongie~ah, you’ve know me for many years already” he said. “Yes, hyung. You’re right. Everything you’ve said was true. I kept thinking about her these days . But I’m not sure enough. I just don’t wanna make a wrong step, I can’t hurt her” I confessed and hyung stayed silent. “I’ll help you then. Next week I’ll go to Thailand to see my project there. You can accompany me as my property consultant. We’ll stay there 2 weeks. And when we’re there, you’re not allowed to contact Tiffany, so you would know, you really miss her or you just miss Minyoung. Then you’ll know your true feeling for Tiffany” Hyung said, I thought for a while. “okay then, I’ll accompany you”

 

Tiff’s POV

 “Fany~ah, I really wanna know what’s the feeling you have for Jongie. I don’t wanna you feel uncomfortable with us, I mean Oppa and I. I’m sorry if I always make you feel uncomfortable when we were teasing both of you” Unni said. “I’ll tell you, but promise me you’ll never tell anybody” I said. “I promised, Fan” unni said. “Eung, actually, I don’t really know what’s the feeling when I was with him, unni. When an awkward moment came, I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all. When he stared at me with those deep eyes, I really don’t want him to stop staring at me. And his voice, I really like it” I confessed. “You like him, Fan” unni said, I stayed silent. Have I already falling in love with him? we’ve been together only for a few months already. Have I forgotten Yojoon already? “why, Fan? Is it because Yojoon? It’s been 4 years. 4 years aren’t a short time for a beautiful girl like you to close your heart, to avoid men around you. I think it’s enough, you should open your heart again” unni said.

Yes, it’s been 4 years since he left me with no reason. 10 years ago, I met him, Yong Yojoon. He was my best friendever. We help each other, spent time together, laughed together. Sometimes we fought, but it didn’t takea long time for us to become a good friend again. When I cried he was always there to let me cried on his shoulder. When I felt lonely, he came to accompany me. When I was happy, he would be there to feel the same feeling with me. 2 years after we knew each other, he told me he loved me. He wanted to be my boyfriend, and I wanted so. Then we become a couple. We got closer and closer. But after 4 years relationship, he was gone to somewhere, left me behind. He just left me a letter told that I must lived happier, found a new man who was more everything than him because he couldn’t be on my side anymore, I mutsn’t forgot to eat and took care of myself. And he told me he still loved me, the feeling would never changed. I was crying all day. I didn’t know how to take this feeling away. And a year ago, his sister, Yong Yobin, told me what was going on, why he left me, why he didn’t contact me anymore. She asked me to meet him at her house, on the backyard. And I was really shock. The only thing I saw was a tomb. His name had written on there. I couldn’t even crying. Yobin told me he was died due to Leuchemia. The day he knew his sickness was the day he left me. He really didn’t want me to know his sickness. He knew that if I knew everything, I would cry. He couldn’t see it. And after 2 years suffering, he couldn’t take it anoymore, he gave up. He died on his 24th birthday.

“I can’t unni, I’m not ready to feel a sadness again” I said. “Jongie won’t hurt you” she said. “I’m not ready, let’s backt to the boys” I said and left her. The dinner was so silent, all of us was too busy with our own mind. And I didn’t know what Oppa has said that made Jonghyun-ssi so silent like now. After the dinner finished, we backed to our house. Jonghyun-ssi with unni and I with oppa.