The Meeting

A Smile (A Sequel to Whisper)

CHAPTER 2:

In the past:

Something happened that changed her life forever.

Huddled in the dark bosom of the trunk of a big tree was a young child named Ree.  She did not know how she got there or where exactly she was.  Everything was blurry in her mind. Ree does not remember anything. Visions keeped popping in her mind, but they're jumbled. Ree could not tell from head or tales of the visions. She was more confused than ever.

Then . . there were these things . .

Ree thought, "What are these things? Who are they?" Her mind does not comprehend what was going on.

Ree was getting scared . . her heart was beating fast . . looking out but did not come out from where she was.

Someone spoke with a soft  whisper, "Hello there."

Ree was surprised hearing a voice and did not see anyone within her vision so she did not answer back.

Someone spoke in a soft friendly voice, "I'm not going to harm you."

Ree was thinking,  'Maybe he is not speaking to me. Maybe he is speaking to someone else. I'll just keep quiet.'

Someone spoke in a coaxing voice again, "Hello there, you who is in there inside the trunk of the tree. I know you are in there."

Ree was thinking, 'What? He knows I'm here? What am I going to do now?'

Someone spoke in a coaxing and friendly voice again, "I'm not going to harm you. You can come out from your hiding place.  Come on out."

Ree spoke, "No! I'm not coming out!  " She was scared, but had a strong spirit.

Someone spoke in a soft  friendly voice again, "I'm going to show myself to you, okay? Don't be afraid."

He walked and stood a few feet away from the tree, and then faced the tree trunk, and  then sat down. He knew that he can be seen from where he was sitting from the tree trunk. He waited with a smile on his lips.

He said smiling, "Hello there."

Ree whispered in her surprise, "WOW! !  Who is this guy?"

He bit his lower lip on the right side and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't have a name. We don't need names here."

Ree spoke, "Where is this place?"

He answered, "Aah This is a place where you are not suppose to be."

Ree spoke, "What? What do you mean?"

He answered in a coaxing and friendly voice, "I'm here to help you go back home. So come on out from there."

Ree still hesitating did not move from where she was.

He said with a soft and friendly voice and  smiling, "You can trust me, I promise nothing will happen to you."

Ree spoke, "They might harm me."

He answered her with a puzzled look on his face, "Who? Who will harm you?"

Ree answered, "Them. Those things out there."

He said with a surprise in his face, "Ooooh You can see them?"

Ree answered,  Yes."

He said, "Aaah Now I understand. I'm coming closer, okay? Promise, I'm not going to do anything."

He went to his knees and hands and crawled slowly to her still looking at her with a friendly face. He sat just in front of her.

He said, "So, you can see them. I promise they are not going to harm you. I'll be right here beside you."

Ree spoke, "Why? Am I not suppose to see them? And what are they?"

He answered, "Even in this world many do not see them. You are given a gift to see them. And they are Spirits like me."

Ree asked, "You? A Spirit?"

He answered, "Yes, I am a Spirit, too. And this is not my natural form. I transformed to this form so not to scare you."

Ree asked, "Do you look like them?" A bit scared.

He answered, "No, I don't look like them, but still I am a Spirit who can change forms at will."

Ree asked, "What if you are only being friendly, and wants to hurt me?"

He laughed and said, "I didn't have to talk like this to you then . . I would have just grabbed you . . or just peered right in at you.  But instead, I'm still here sitting outside and still talking with you."

Ree thought for a minute. Then slowly got on her knees and a hand and her other hand holding on the side of the trunk of the tree. Then she peered out from where she was and looked around before slowly coming out.

He moved a little on his left  side to allow her to come out on her own volition and not be touching each other.

Ree asked ,"Are you sure it is all right to come out?"

He smiled and answered, "Yes, I'm sure."

Ree sat with her back to the trunk and looking more closely to her surroundings. Her eyes observing everything and taking note of the things she was seeing.  Her heart beating fast and she was breathing a little fast too.

The Spirits were looking at her, but did not come near because she was with a Spirit.

He smiled and said, "See, they are not going to harm you."

Then all of a sudden a dark shadow came close where they were.

In a twinkle of an eye, he moved so fast and was in front of her. She did not see anything, because she was blinded by a bright light and had to cover her eyes.

Then everything was as it was.

He was as he was smiling in a friendly way sitting down and facing her and the dark shadow was gone.

Ree was afraid to ask a question. She did not understand what happened.

He said, "Don't worry, I'm staying by your side. Nothing is going to happen to you, I promise. "  He smiled a sweet smile.

Ree felt she could trust him.

Ree asked, "What am I going to call you?"

He answered with an inquiring look, "I don't have a name. What would you like to call me?"

Ree spoke, " Hhhmm I don't know."

He said smiling, "You can think of something, but for now we have to get you home, somebody is waiting for you."

Ree said, "I had a brother before. . he died. ."

He said in a sad face, " OOOHH "

Ree said, "What if I call you by his name. . "

He said in a close lips smile, "All right . . what is his name. . "

Ree said, "His name was Jae."

He said in a close lips smile, "All right then. . call me Jae from now on."  Reaching out his hand  to Ree.

Ree placed her hand on Jae's hand.

Jae with a big smile said with a friendly soft voice, "Shall we go home?"

Ree nodded her head.

Jae with a close lips smile said in a soft whispery voice, " Don't be afraid I will be with you. Ready? "

Ree nodded.

Jae suddenly changed clothes and was dressed in a bellowing glowing pure white robe. And he enveloped Ree in his arms, and then they were gone from that spot in a twinkle of an eye.

 

*   *   *  *  *

Next Chapter to Follow