.ii.

New Student { REWRITING / EDITING / OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

“Wait a minute” Areum paused at her locker, holding onto the door. “I think I left something in the classroom. Would you mind waiting here . . .?” She looked at the male, biting her lip. Himchan smiled and nodded, gesturing for her to go back.

“I’ll wait, don’t worry. Try not to take too long!” He smiled softly and waved to her. Areum turned and walked back down the hallway, and as she turned the corner, she leaned up against the wall. She had her hand on her heart, cheeks flushed a bright red.

“Damn it. . .why is he so adorable?” She mumbled, pushing off the wall again as she began to walk. Areum began to approach the classroom, then froze as she heard the voices floating from the doorway.

“I mean, she’s not even that pretty! Why did he stay sitting over there with her when he could come sit with me?” A girl’s voice whined, and Areum was filled with dread, knowing exactly whose voice it was. She peered around the doorway, looking at the blonde female perched on top of a desk, swinging her legs. She was an American girl, who went by the name of Kiara. She was pretty popular, due to her blonde hair and ethnicity. All the girls looked up to her, and almost all of the boys fell for her. Areum could understand why, she wanted nothing more than to be like Kiara. She always looked like she belonged on the front cover of Vogue. “Oh well, I give him a week. If he doesn’t get sick of her by then, I know what to do. I still know her little secret, don’t I?” Kiara let out a small laugh, flicking her hair back behind her shoulder. Areum was filled with dread and her breath caught in ; she wouldn’t tell, would she?

Movement out the corner of her eye made her scramble to the cleaners closet and hide as the group of girls stalked out of the classroom. She held her breath and counts to five until she leaves, opening the door slightly before dashing out and into the classroom. Areum grabs her stuff with a sigh, hurrying out and back to her locker. She had already been keeping Himchan waiting for long enough. She turned the corner and froze, staring at the five other boys that had joined him. They were all laughing and joking, and he hesitated to go join them, even though it was her locker. Areum began to turn away, before accidentally locking eyes with Himchan. His smile brightened upon seeing her, and waved her over to join them. She shyly smiled back, shuffling her way back over to him. But of course, Areum being highly clumsy, tripped over what seemed to be nothing. She stumbled into one of the unfamiliar boys, but he was quick to react. He grabbed her by the waist, steadying her but not letting go.

“Hey, Himchan, I think this one is falling head over heels for me already.” Areum looked down blushing as the others began to laugh. She peeked through her bangs at Himchan, noticing him laughing but staring at her with jealousy. The male that helped her turned her around, pushing her hair back out of her face. “Aw, isn’t she cute? Look at her cheeks, they’re so red” He grinned, flicking his caramel coloured hair out of his face. “I’m Jongup, and you are?” Areum blushed, wriggling out of his grip and moving to the door of her locker.

“I’m Areum” She mumbled, inputting her combination and opening the door. The group laughed at Jongup, who faked a look of hurt and rejection when she forced her way out of his grip. Areum glanced at Himchan; he had lost the look of jealousy and was now laughing and joking with the other boys. She smiled to herself and took out her lunch box, turning to Himchan and opening to speak as she noticed the devilish smile on his face. He leaned past her and whispered to the other boys, as Areum began to slowly back away. She could tell they were planning something.

“Hey Areum, since you gave Jongup a hug, the rest of them are pretty jealous and upset you didn’t give them one” Himchan grinned, and all the boys but Jongup nodded solemnly, bottom lips pushed out. She stood frozen for a moment before realising what he was going to do.

“No. . .no. . .!” She turned to run, but was too late. Himchan grabbed Areum around the waist and lifted her up, passing her off to the boy who had stepped forward, pushing Jongup out of the way with the claim that he had already had a turn. He easily carried her; it was almost as if she weighed as much as feather.

“I’m Yongguk. And you’re beautiful.” He said, holding onto her waist in a tight hug. Areum blushed, and Yongguk laughed and passed her to the next male, who spun her around in a hug. She squealed in surprise, and he quickly stopped.

“I’m Youngjae.” Youngjae said, giving her a small wink. He held onto her for a few more moments before everyone started to urge him to pass her on. Reluctantly, he sadly passed her on to the next boy, one with a baby face.

“You can call me Junhong Oppa.” He smiled, and that made him look even more childish. If Areum could blush any more, she would have.

“Don’t call him that. He’s younger than you.” Jongup said with a scowl. Areum looked at him in disbelief; he was so tall compared to her. “I know, I know, it’s hard to believe” Jongup laughed as Junhong passed her to the next boy, who gently set her down after giving her a small hug.

“I’m Daehyun” He said and she gave him a small smile, thanking him for not being as childish as the other boys.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you al-” She cut herself off with a small squeal as she was picked up from behind.

“You already know who I am, but I’m the only one who hasn’t had a hug yet” Himchan said with a small smirk, refusing to set her down as she blushed.

“Himchan, put me down” He shook his head. “Himchan” He shook his head again, and she pouted. Areum lowered her gaze, looking at him through her eyelashes. “Himchannie oppa~” She said like a small child. He stared at her, before blushing and putting her down. Areum smiled triumphantly, while the other boys laughed at Himchan’s expression.

“Hyung was affected by her cuteness!”

“But did you see it? She was so adorable!”

“How could you not listen when she gives you a look like that?”

The boys continued like this for a while longer as Areum stood their blushing. “You guys do know I’m right here, right?” She said as they all kept chatter. “I’m gonna go eat now. . .I’ll see you guys around” She waved and slipped past them, heading to her normal quiet spot to eat her lunch alone as per usual. Areum heard the chattering behind her as an arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her back towards them. She turned her head to look who it was; it was Jongup.

“Can we eat lunch with you? Please?” He asked her and she nodded slightly, tapping his arm until he let go. She lead them out to the garden, sitting down in a small secluded spot behind the bushes. Areum could feel Himchan staring at her every so often, and when they caught each other’s gazes they both blushed. The other males noticed it, and whispered in each other’s ears. They all nodded and the two looked at each other, confused.

--------------------

“Hyung likes Areum noona, doesn’t he?” Junhong whispered to his hyung as Yongguk nodded. ‘How about we see who can make hyung the most jealous?” He asked, and Youngjae looked at him confused.

“But how?” He asked, and Yongguk shook his head.

“Anyway we can!” He said, rolling his eyes slightly.

“Oh. . .” Youngjae trailed off, glancing at Areum.

“What does the winner get?” Jongup asked curiously. Yongguk thought for a moment, before opening his mouth again.

“The winner gets to pick one of us and make him his slave for a day! Also, they get to take Areum out on a date, just to make Himchan more jealous” He replied, and everyone nodded vigorously.

“Competition. . .start!”

a/n : rewrite 2/13 complete