Chapter 2

Wanted Perfect Wife

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun walk together. No words are heard from the both of them until they reach the garden of the foundation where the party of the children is being held.

Eunhyuk, who is beside Kyuhyun nudges him, thenhe whispers: “Hey Kyuhyun, who’s that beautiful lady? She’s so cute… just like a bunny.” ‘Though that girl helping the other children is much cuter’ he thinks, eyeing Donghae.

Kyuhyun smirks, “Her name is Sungmin though she wants to be called Minnie. She’s a new volunteer here in the orphanage. That’s what Sister Teukie says…”he says to Eunhyuk. “Anyway, Hyuk; I’m going to talk to Sister Teukie, you just help the volunteers here.”

And with that Kyuhyun walks to where he knows Sister Teukie will be. On his way there, he can’t help but to think about the little bunny Minnie. The girl is cute, yes but she’s definitely not just any usual girls he encounters. She has this cold demeanor though on why she had this, Kyuhyun didn’t know why.

Shaking his head to clear his thought about Sungmin, this day is not for fun or anything else. It is for the children of the foundation but his curiosity is killing him.

“Sister Teukie,” Kyuhyun greets

Sister Leeteuk turns around once she hears Kyuhyun. And with a smile, he says: “What it is Kyuhyun-shii?”

Kyuhyun smiles back, “I just wanted to ask; since when Ms. Lee started to work here as a volunteer?”

“Hmmm, let me think.” Sister Leeteuk starts, thinking. “Oh, she’s new here just like what I’ve said earlier, Kyuhyun-shii. Maybe she’s been here for almost a month now.”

Kyuhyun excuses himself from Sister Leeteuk to start helping with the children. He sees that the children are happy about the party that bring smile to his face. Though that smile quickly fades away when he sees that Eunhyuk, his best friend is once again eyeing some girl, a volunteer on top of that. The girl name’s Donghae, he thinks.

“Where is that beautiful bunny looking lady?” He thinks as he roams his eyes on the garden, hoping to see a glimpse of the said lady.

And there she is, looking so beautiful as ever with her porcelain white like complexion with long brown curly hair that really suits her face, eyes that is so captivating, and lips that is so divine. ‘Is she an angel sent from heaven? She really looks like my son. I wish I can bring Sandeul here so that my baby can meet this angel.’

~

Eunhyuk is watching his best friend talk with Sister Leeteuk. He knows that Kyuhyun is enamors with that girl named Sungmin or Minnie or that bunny looking cute lady. And why he knows this? Simple, Eunhyuk see the way Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin like she was a meat displays in the market.

‘Oh how sweet,’ he thinks, ‘Little Sandeul will have his future mommy.’

On the other side of the garden

Sungmin, Ryeowook and Donghae were talking to each other while helping some kids get their foods.  And Sungmin’s mind is filled with Kyuhyun even though her thoughts are not really positive.

“I really hate Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. He is so arrogant. He didn’t even mind to look at me and say a simple “hi” instead he suggested that I am checking him out thought it is kind of the truth but still… Urghh,” she mutters, pouting, getting the attention of Ryeowook and Donghae. The two look at her as if she grew another head.

“What?” she shouts,

“You’re thinking about Mr. Cho, aren’t you?” Ryeowook teases her

“Yes, you do. Yes you do, don’t try to deny it,” says Donghae

The girl in question frowns, “Yes, I am thinking about him. I am thinking how arrogant he is, how bratty he seems, how erted his mind is. How he is not a good person to begin with. And yes, I am thinking that he is just the same as all the guys. He’s a jerk. I don’t want to see him; I don’t want to know him. I don’t even want to accompany him today. He’s such an un-attentive bastard.” With a huff, she walks away, leaving a blinking Ryeowook and Donghae behind.

“What gotten into her?” Ryeowook asks Donghae who is looking at the farthest side of the garden.

Donghae just shrugs, “Oh I don’t know. All I know is Mr. Cho is coming here.”

“What?”

~

Quickly finding his way towards Sungmin’s friends, Kyuhyun greets the two, smiling gently as he did. Asking about Sungmin is his main goal.

He directs his question towards Donghae, the lady Lee Hyukjae, his best friend can’t take his eyes off. “Hello, Miss. Can I ask you a question regarding Miss Lee Sungmin?”

“…Yes,” Donghae answers, frown marring her face. “What’s the matter with my Bunny Minnie, Mr. Cho? Is there a problem?” she asks, kind of awkwardly.

Kyuhyun shakes his head, “No, there’s no problem. I just wanted to ask why she’s so grumpy all of a sudden. Did I do something that she probably disliked?”

Donghae sighs in relief, “Ohhh. I don’t know but it’s probably because of your treatment to her as Sister Teukie introduced you both to each other. Did you say something stupid to her? She’s saying something about you being un-attentive. If that’s it, just apologize, she’ll forgive you… after some time.”

Kyuhyun smiles, “Ahh, thanks. I’ll apologize later. Thank you again,” then he walks off.

Ryeowook turns to Donghae, “I got a feeling that something is going on between Minnie and Mr. Cho,” she sighs dreamily. “I think that Mr. Cho is the one, he’s the one going to prove to Minnie that not all guys are the same. That not all of them are jerks. Ahhh, I’m so excited to see their love story blooms”

“Yeah, you’re right Wookie… ha-ha-ha-… our Minnie find her match!!!!” says Donghae, she was giggling madly.

“Anyway, Hae-unnie. Tell me, what you think about that monkey looking guy,” Ryeowook asks as she discretely points a finger towards Hyukjae’s direction. “He’s looking at you so intense and yes, I see that you are flustered. Do you like him?”

Donghae blinks, “Hah? Don’t ask me things like that Wookie… I’m not… I’m not sure… Maybe, maybe I am attracted to him?” she says though it sounds more like a question than a statement.

Suddenly, Ryeowook gapes, eyes widening. “Omo! You’re attracted to him unnie” she laughs, pointing a shaky fingers at Donghae, who blushes madly.

~

Kyuhyun just stands there thinking’ on how can she ask for Sungmin’s forgiveness and he definitely wants to be close with the fierce lady…. He’s deep thinking’ is disturbed by Sister Teukie, whole heartedly thanking them for their families support for the orphanage… Kyuhyun didn’t waste any second... he asks all the things he wants to know about the beautiful -bunny-looking lady…..

He really wants to know more about her, to learn everything that needs to learn about her. If she has her own family, is she married, or is she has a boyfriend? How many siblings she has? How old is she? Everything, he wanted to know everything up to the silliest fact about Lee Sungmin.  Kyuhyun doesn’t know the reason why but she somewhat fills a special space in his heart, a space nobody reign for a long time. Maybe it is love at first, Kyuhyun concludes to himself.

“How old is she, Sister? Does she have a boyfriend? Or a husband, perhaps? Are her parents alive? How old is she? Where she lives? Is she-?”

“Wait Kyuhyun-shii, I’ll answer all your questions, just take it easy.” sister Teukie states lightly glaring at

Kyuhyun in disbelief but later she chuckled… She is quiet surprise that the young bachelor took notice of their beautiful new lady volunteer

“First of all Kyuhyun-shii, Sungmin is one of the heiress of her father’s company but she devoted herself in teaching these kids so her unnie is the one taking in charge of their company, next is that Sungmin is not married, she has a boyfriend before but that guy chooses another girl and leaves her so as far as I know she hate guys in general. She hates them so much.. And lastly she decides to volunteer here in the orphanage because she love kids… can I ask you a question, Kyuhyun-shii?”

“Yes, sister what is it?” Kyuhyun answers while intently looking at the lady in a white abito gowm

“Are you somewhat interested in our Sungmin??? It seems that you’re pretty much interested with her than the kids…”

The question makes Kyuhyun flinched.

“Ahmm… I really don’t know sister… I don’t know… By the way sister can I ask where Sungmin is now? I just want to ask her about something… I really need to,” Kyuhyun asked while smiling

Sister Leeteuk sighs, “Maybe she’s just on the hall getting the other things for the kids.”

So Kyuhyun walks really fast, trying to look for Sungmin and ask for an apology….. And there in the orphanage hall he saw Sungmin trying to lift a box of gifts for the kids… Then he walks near and fakes a cough to get the beautiful lady’s attention…

“Omo” Sungmin suddenly clasps her hand to her chest in her surprised... She turns around to look on who is the one that nearly kills her in shock and look at the handsome man, death glare on her eyes.

“Hey, hey Ms. Lee,” Kyuhyun gently looks at the beautiful lady, his hands are up in the air, looking just like a man that surrenders to her wife… then Sungmin’s releases her tension and says to Kyuhyun in a modest manner…

“I’m sorry about acting a little bit rude Mr. Cho” then she bit her lips... really feeling sorry about her attitude towards the bachelor “What do you want Mr. Cho? Is there something that you need?” Sungmin asks Kyuhyun

“I just want to say sorry about being un-attentive while sister Teukie introduce you a while ago… it’s just that I’m tired and I’m-“ Kyuhyun suddenly stop talking and looks intently to the lady in front of him that biting her lips and trying to avoid his gaze.

“How do you know about it?” Sungmin asked with her oh-so-large-doe eyes…

“I ask Ms. Lee Donghae and Ms. Kim Ryeowook, about it and here, I’m asking for an apology... And I mean it… please forgive me Ms. Sungmin…”

“Omo!!” Sungmin’s eyes widens. “Ok... Ok... Mr. Cho... You’re forgiven… and I’m also really sorry about it as well.” ‘So he’s not that arrogant like other guys’ she thinks. “Can we go back to the kid’s party.. I bet they want these gifts from your family” She says, bending to reach for the box beside her but Kyuhyun has the same action on his mind and beats her to it.

 I’ll help you with it. Let’s go Ms. Lee or should I say Ms. Sungmin…”

“Ok, kamsahamnida Mr. Cho…”Sungmin shyly answers….

Wookie and Hae immediately walk towards Sungmin when they saw that she’s with Kyuhyun…

They suspiciously look at Sungmin and Kyuhyun. And grab Sungmin’s wrist to come with them..

“Hey what’s with that kind of look? You two stop that... if you’re thinking why me and Mr. Cho are together, it is just he say “sorry” about the incident a while ago.. And you two why did you leak our conversation with Kyuhyu- oh no, Mr. Cho…”

“Are you in love already with Mr. Cho???” Wookie and Hae asked in unison, giggling at her.

She just rolled her eyes. And walk near to the kids,

“Hey comeback.. You denial Queen” Wookie blurts while Donghae laughs

~

 

While the kids are eating, Sungmin is assisting them while Kyuhyun is just staring at her, smiling at the scene in front of him when a little girl nudges him on the side, causing him to look down at her.

“Yes?” Kyuhyun asks gently

“Kyuhyun-oppa, can you play with me?” The little girl asks

Kyuhyun chuckles, “Of course, we’ll play. But not now, maybe later after you and the other kids eat. So then, go to your noona and ask for some food.” He says, pointing at Sungmin.

The little girl nods, “Okay, oppa. But promise you’ll play with us, okay?”

Kyuhyun just smiles. The little girl then proceeds to Sungmin and asks for food. Then Kyuhyun go back to what he is doing before, staring at Sungmin.

After all the kids are done eating, Kyuhyun gathers them all and starts their playtime even though he doesn’t know a thing about hosting a game for children.

“Are you ready, kids?” Kyuhyun asks, “Wait a minute, did you like the food, kids? Is it yummy?”

“Yes,” it is the answer he gets from the kids.

“Okay then, what we’re going to play? Can anyone suggest anything?”

“What about a newspaper dance?” someone from the back, a kid probably 12 says. The other kids make an agreeing sound.

Kyuhyun nods, “Alright, a newspaper dance. Then you all go and grab some newspaper then pair yourself into two. We need 10 pairings.”

The little girl from earlier says: “Oppa, you need to play with us.”

Kyuhyun chuckles nervously, “But I don’t have a partner. So sorry, I can’t play with you guys. But of course, if you all manage to convince Ms. Sungmin to be my partner, we can both play with you all.” He smiles

Right then and there, all the kids go to Sungmin, convincing her to partner up with Kyuhyun.

“Teacher Minnie, can you please play with us? Kyuhyun-oppa needs a partner but we don’t have someone else so can you please be oppa’s partner? Please?” The kids say, blinking their owlish eyes innocently.

“Ehhh,” Sungmin says awkwardly

Donghae nudges Sungmin, “Yes, Minnie be Kyuhyun’s partner. Look at them,” she says, pointing at the kids’ puppy eyes. “They are requesting. Can you deny these poor cute children?”

Ryeowook agrees, “Yeah, look at them. They really wanted to play with Mr. Cho”

Sungmin sighs in defeat, “Okay, I agree.”

~

The newspaper dance -Each pair stands on the newspaper. They may only touch the newspaper but not the floor. As soon as the music is , the pairs have to "dance" as best as possible. Any team touching the floor is out of the game. After some time, the music stops and the referee orders the newspaper to be folded in half (teams may step on the floor during that time). Then, the music (and dancing) starts again. The team that manages to "survive" the dancing as last pair has of course won the game. -  starts with Sungmin and Kyuhyun standing side by side with a newspaper lying innocently beside them. Ryeowook and Donghae are the one facilitating the game.

After a few turns, little space remains in the old newspaper.

“Hey, the newspaper is so little now. We can’t step at it both. I need to carry you.” Kyuhyun says to Sungmin.

The latter look at him with wide eyes, “Wait, wait. Uhhmm, we’re both adults. We can’t do that. We’re not children. Maybe it’s best if we just quit and let the kids win this game.” She protests

But Kyuhyun pays no mind to what Sungmin was saying, instead he goes and carry the latter, bridal style, making her yelp and blush in the process.

The kids giggled at the sight, “You two make a cute couple, Teacher Minnie!”

“Hey, hey,” Sungmin squeals, “Put me down. This is embarrassing, there are kids here.” She says as he pulls the sleeve of Kyuhyun’s shirts. Unfortunately because of this, Kyuhyun lose balance, down he went to the floor, bringing Sungmin down with him. Fortunately, both are okay with Sungmin under Kyuhyun’s body.

Kyuhyun stares at the face inches away from him. ‘I’m nervous. Why I am nervous? Speak, Kyuhyun. Apologize to her. Stand up. Oh god, why can’t I speak. Is it because of her? And her beautiful eyes, beautiful face? With her in front of me, I don’t want to get up.’

Sungmin blinks owlishly, ‘Heart beats fast. My heart is beating fast. Do I like him?’ *thud* *thud* ‘Lee Sungmin, wake up you can’t like him. Not now not ever, he’s just like your ex. Wake up, Sungmin!”

=To Be Continued=

 

Authors Notes

mi13notbad: please continue to support our story... keep comments coming..:) thanKYU!!

nana_17 : Sorry for the long delay. I got a slight problem translating half of the fic to english and editing all the while so sorry. Comment? Yes, gladly appreciated. :))