Partners

Two Lifes, One Heart

 

When you woke up on Friday, you brushed your teeth, and washed up.

You then went downstairs to the living room and noticed how quiet it was.  Remembering that your parents were on a long 2 week business trip, you sighed.

You then heard the doorbell ring, and walked to it. You were puzzled to see 5 tall, hot figures standing by the front door. They looked familiar, so you opened the door ever so slightly,

“Who is it?”

You were shocked when someone reached out and grasp your hand. He pulled you into a bear hug.

“Can’t…breath,” you wheezed out. 

“AIGOO! How long has it been huh? TOO long!” A guy’s voice squealed.

“K-kyung?” You managed out.

Just then, you heard U-kwon’s voice.

“Hey ~~~ is…” You figured he must’ve saw you being crushed by Kyung since he let out a blood chilling scream.

Everyone’s eyes shot up to him.

“What the hell has gotten into him early this early in the morning?” Zico mumbled.

“Chill dude,” Taeil complained, rubbing his ears.

“Retard…” B-bomb muttered.

“OH MY GOD! HYUNG! NA-UH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER! Oh lord~ My little sister is getting crushed! How am I gonna tell mom? GREAT! NOW I’LL NEVER BE MOM’S FAVORITE! OHH NOO! This can’t be happening!”

He began to pry you away from Kyung’s tight grasp. Kyung reluctantly released you moments later. 

“H-hi…Kyung oppa,” you said after you regained your breath.

“Hey, what about us huh?” P.O pouted.

You grinned, “Hi Block B oppas!”

They smiled in return, “Well, let’s get going,” Jaehyo grabbed your hand, earning a glare from U-kwon.

“Where?” You asked puzzled.

“School silly," Jaehyo said. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When all 8 of you reached the school gates, you noticed that you were the only one to step through. You turned around to face Block B, “Oppas, you aren’t going in?”

U-Kwon smiled, “OF COURSE I AM!” He then turned around and walked away in the opposite direction.

“PSHH SCHOOL? I have better things to do,” Zico waved goodbye before disappearing.

“In my whole life, I’ve never wanted to go in there,” P.O shivered and walked away.

“No you go ahead!” B-bomb beamed.

That left Kyung, Taeil, and Jaehyo.

“I heard that a new club just opened,” Taeil muttered.

The three of them quickly waved goodbye before disappearing.

You sighed and shook your head as you walked into school. You felt everyone’s eyes on you, as usual.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was the end of the day, and you were in your least favorite class, science. You hated the subject, and your teacher, Mr. Baek. He was the meanest and strictest person in the whole wide world according to you.

“Quiet down!” He barked.

The room quickly turned silent, “Okay class, you’ll pair up to work on a project that will be due this Monday.”

Everyone groaned and started complaining, making Mr. Baek slam a wooden ruler down on his desk.

“No groaning or complaining!” He hissed.

He then proceeded to explain the project and read off a list of partners. You waited for your name to be called as you drummed your fingers on your desk.

“And lastly, ~~~~ and L.”

You immediately froze your fingers as your jaw dropped, *Me and…L? Should I be glad…?*

You glanced back at L’s seat, which was at the very back of the classroom. He glanced at you, and turned away. A smile threatened to appear on his lips, so he quickly reminded himself to keep his cool. 

You felt some heated gazes from the other girls in the classroom. You also heard some guys complaining that you weren't their partner. You sighed.

When the bell rang, you grabbed your books and walked towards L, who abruptly stood up, making you flinch.

“We’ll talk on our way out.”

You nodded and followed him out of the classroom. The two of you chatted a bit about the project. You also traded numbers.

“We can work today at,” you had just walked through the school gates when you were interrupted by a soft ding. You took out your cell phone to see a text message.

From: Kahi Unnie

To: ~~~

~~~AH!! You need to come here now! We got orders from the boss!

You sighed and bit your lip,

“How about we work on the project on the weekend?” You asked L.

He shrugged, “Sure.”

You smiled and bowed as you ran off, “I’ll call you later then L shi!”