Demonology, An Introduction

The Wonderful Encyclopedia of the Supernatural

There are multiple Realms that make up the universe you know, but they exist in different planes. The Demon Realm is on one such plane that exists parallel to the Mortal, or Human, Realm but in different time-space coordinates. Here, in this Realm, live the immortal beings and beasts that occasionally plague the Mortal Realm and the captors of thousands of innocents who have, in most cases, been illegally transported across the parallel planes.

These Immortal beings can be classified into three major classes: the Magi, the Muta, and the Mystics.

The Magi

This class of Demon includes all of those able to tap into the heart of magic which is the source of black magic, dark magic, and all the other forms that exist on the planes. While mortals may claim to be able to tap into this great source of energy, they do so only at the allowance of actual magi who can control such connections with the force. A majority of these imposter mortals believe they have power or use illusions to trick other mortals. The true magical beings include, but are not limited to: warlocks, witches, mages, djinni (genies), and imps.

The Muta

The classification for this particular grouping of demons comes from the latin word "mutare" which means "to change." This class includes all of the animal demons and any of the demons who can cause a change to occur in a mortal. Most animal demons are referred to by their animal and the word demon, eg. Cat Demon or Bat Demon; although because of mortal influences, some are referred to by the prefix were- and then their animal, especially in the case of werewolves. The demons in this category include, but are also not limited to: All animal demons, vampires, makai insects and zombies.

The Mystics

This final and largest classification encompasses the remainder of the demon populus. This category is simply the compilation of all other demon types into one grouping. While this group could be broken down into several subgroups, the demon Highrulers agreed that having too many main classes would be difficult to keep updated and accurate. This class includes, but is unquestionably not limited to: valkyries, harpies, shapeshifters, ghosts, spirits, pixies, incubi/succubi, sirens, celerity demons, nymphs, ogres, trolls, goblins, giants, and dragons.