Aeternus eternus Dolor

The Wonderful Encyclopedia of the Supernatural

The Aeternus eternus Dolor curse is an old-world spell that isn't widely practiced in the new age. It was used to torture captives of war to get information. It involves using an iron dagger or a blade made of igneous rock to channel black magic and the blood of the user.

The user dips the blade in fresh blood. The blood must still be red. The user then says the activation spell over the blade until the blood makes it become black and shiny. At this point, do not allow anything to touch the blade unless you want the curse etched into it. To create the curse, the blade is stabbed into the victim and pulled out.

The curse makes a wound that neither heals nor bleeds. Any skin contact with a cursed cut will result in tremendous pain for the victim. An added effect of the curse is the inability for the victim to faint due to the pain. This was used to keep the prisoners conscious while they were questioned.

Breaking the curse is done by performing almost the inverse of the administering instructions. You must use a silver dagger to channel white magic and a bowl of holy water. Dip the dagger into the holy water and say the reversing incantation and the blade should start to glow white.

Having the curse removed is as painful, if not more so, than receiving the curse. In the event that you wish to remove the curse from someone, they will need to be restrained. Because they cannot pass out, the victim will more than likely thrash around violently in an attempt to stop the torture. Restrain the victim and slide the dagger into the existing cut caused by the curse. The white magic will react with the black magic and cause smoke to come out of the wound. When the smoke turns into steam and the cut starts bleeding again, remove the dagger and wrap the wound in bandages. At this point, the victim will probably have passed out. Tend to them with standard first aid.