4th meeting

A Lee and Lu's Past

 

Tory was talking with friends online when something had caught her attention. ‘SM Entertainment to debut a new 12 member group. The following are the possible candidates.’ She looked at one of the boys and she swore she had met him before. But it couldn’t be. She didn’t remember ever going to China or South Korea. She couldn’t really remember much before her 15th birthday. “Hey Tory are you okay?” one of her friends said.

 

“Yeah I’m fine Toni. So you’re going to arrive back here in 5 days right. Your break from school is much needed. Plus the others miss you.” 

 

“I know. But what were you just looking at?” Toni asked and Tory sent her the link. “He made it. He actually made the cut.” Toni said as she beamed.

 

“What?”

 

“Oh one of my childhood friends. Byun BaekHyun. He is one of the candidates. “I prey he makes it.” 

 

“Is he really that good?” Tory asked and Toni sent her a sound clip. “Huh? Toni out of all songs you sent me, why a love song?”

 

“Sorry that’s the only song I have on this laptop.” Toni said blushing. “But I also heard from the grape vine here that the company I work for is looking for more staff. Since Jo is here already, why don’t you apply. Send me your resume and cover letter. I’ll hand it in for you.” She said trying to change the subject.

 

“Toni I’m still taking classes.”

 

“That’s fine, I’ll advise them about that.” Toni smiled and her eyes sparkled.

 

“You’re hopeless.” Tory said smiled then looked at the time. “Toni I need to go. I’ll talk to you in a few days.” She said and hung up. Her head was starting to hurt. She didn’t know why. It was only 2am and she was use to staying up late. The young mans face came back to her mind. “I guess I should sleep.” She said and turned in.

 

Her sleep was very restless. 

(1) Images of her as a young child holding a baby and not wanting to let go. Her Aunt//Grandmother ordering to give the baby back.  

(2) still a young child and covered in blood holding onto the baby. 

(3) her at the age of 6 protecting a 3 year old from being beaten, and her winning the competition. 

(4) her at the age of 15 watching 2 boys playing around then protecting them from being crushed by a full wall display case. Her taking all the impact. 

(5) still age 15 hearing and seeing the two boys fight their hardest and winning but being too hurt to move properly. Then she fought and bled. Then getting infuriated at something her opponent said causing her to crack his skull. She then went running the best she could to the two boys only to hear a gun being fired. Pain shot through her back. She protected the two boys,she was relieved. The last thing she remembered seeing was the concern of those piercing chocolate brown eyes of the child who was holding her. Of who she had been protecting for so long. 

 

Tory work up sweating and shaking. Those were the memories that her mind had surpressed for so long. Tears fell from her eyes. She remembered how dull the young man’s eyes had become but she knew that that was the boy from her childhood. “ Xiao Lu...” She said and cried herself back to sleep.

 

She woke up 2 hrs later and got up from bed. Her father was in the Philippines so she made a call there. “Dad?” 

 

“Tory what’s wrong?” He said and his siblings all looked at him. They were in a clan meeting.

 

“Tell Lola that I”m coming back to take over. I want an update on our holdings in China and South Korea. I want all the boys ready for a tournament when I get their.” She said and his eyes grew at her orders. “And dad... Thanks.” She said and then hung up. He smiled and shook his head.

 

“This meeting is over. Ate, Teresa is not taking over this family.” He said.

 

“But she’s the only one. Victory is...”

 

“Just got all her memories back.” He said and everyone in the room cheered except for Teresa.

 

Tory advised Toni she was actually going to the Philippines. Toni changed her flight so she would also go with Tory.

 

 

 

Tory had stopped over in South Korea and Toni took her for some coffee by SME. She explained the change of plans and that she had all her memories back. “That’s great Tory. Now you can meet him again.” Toni said but Tory shook her head.

 

“Not the way I am right now.” Just look at me. He and WuFan know me as that super active JieJie. I need at least 4 months.” 

 

“Alright then. We’ll get a regiment set up for you. How are you going to see him anyway?”

 

“Go to concerts, fan meetings. If he recognizes me great, it he doesn’t so be it.” Tory said and also placed a file in front of Toni. “Here you wanted this right.” Toni opened the file in front of her to find Tory’s resume and cover letter. Toni smiled and took out her phone and scanned the forms.

 

“They now have a copy, but I’m going to keep this incase they want a hard copy.” Tory nodded.

 

Just then Toni had to thank GOD. Tao, Kris, SeHun and LuHan came into the coffee shop. Tory also noticed them. “What the hell.” She said and Toni smiled at her. “You knew the candidates came here didn’t you.” Toni nodded.

 

“Now go and get the food you wanted.” Toni commented and Tory sighed.

 

 

“Gege look at her bag.” One of the guys said when Tory passed him. “I wonder if it’s Gucci?” Tory rolled her eyes since she hated that brand.

 

“Why don’t you ask her?” The tallest of the group said and Tory was pointing at what she wanted to the barista. Once she ordered she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

“Can I help you?” She said turning around to come face to face with a tall young man with Panda eyes.

 

“Noona...” Tory noted his accent was not Korean.

 

“It’s JieJie.” She said and the boy smiled and he switched to talking in Mandarin.

 

“JieJie, I was wondering where yo got your bag from.” He asked and lifted her bag onto the counter. 

 

“It’s from Canada. It’s not name branded. Just your average canvas messenger bag.” She said and he opened it to see the inside.

 

“Toa don’t just open someones bag without asking them.” LuHan said watching everything Tao was doing. 

 

“Sorry Jie. I should have asked.” Tao commented but still kept looking around in her bag. 

 

“That’s fine.” Tory said then the barista placed 2 drinks on the counter, “Thanks.”

 

“I’ll bring your sandwiches out when they are ready.” The young man said and Tory nodded. “Um Tao...” The young man looking through her bag looked at her. “Can I have my bag back?” She asked and he pouted. “Here, why don’t I just switch my bag if you like it that much.” She said surprising all 4 guys. “Toni.” She said and the young woman came their way. 

 

“Hi guys.” Toni said and the 4 nodded at her. “Did you need something Tory?”

 

“Yeah, Tao has been looking at my bag. In my duffle bag I have another messenger bag but in black could you get it for me?” 

 

“Sure thing.” Toni said and went to get the item. She came back with the bag still in the plastic covering. “This is still brand new.” Tori said looking at the beg in her hands.

 

“Of course it is.” Tory said, “Here you go Tao. It’s not Gucci like you had thought earlier. But since you like it.”

 

“Really JieJie?” Tao said and she nodded. She noticed SeHun eyeing the bag and asl pouting thinking no one saw him.

 

“Have a good day boyd.” She said and she and Toni went back to their seats.

 

“You have 5 more of those bags in your bag.” Toni whispered and she nodded.

 

“They were supposed to be gifts for my sisters and cousins. But it looks like SeHun wants one. He’s been eyeing Tao’s new bag and has been pouting as well.” She said amused as the guys took a seat at the side close to the windows.

 

“Well of course you just gave Tao a bag.” Toni said, “By the way how much was it?”

 

“I got a deal on the bags since a junior of mine worked at the store. So for all seven I only paid $140, when its usually $280.”

 

“Nice so you only paid $20 for each bag.” Toni said and Tory nodded. The two ate and chatted. “Are you going to let him know who are?” She asked while they drank their coffee. The guys were still there eating and talking about how Tao needed to learn more korean.

 

“I was thinking about it.” Tory said then looked at the time. She took out some paper and a pen. 

 

Wu Yi Fan / Kevin

 

It was great to see both you and Xiao Lu have grown up to be very handsome young men. Please follow your dreams. Don’t ever go back to what the Lu and Wu clans want you both to be. Stay out and make your lives as wonderful as you can. I’m always watching over you both. 

 

Long your JieJie,

 

Lee Victory

P.S.: Don’t show this to Xiao Lu

 

 

She placed this into the bag she marked as Kris.

 

 

SeHun

 

You are such a charming child. Watching you quietly eye Tao’s bag was cute. All you had to do was ask for one. Please learn to speak up when you want something. I’ll patiently wait for your debut. That will be enough for me as a payback for the bag.

 

Love Noona

 

She placed this into another bag and marked it as SeHun.

 

 

Xiao Lu,

 

You have no idea how much I wish you could have recognized me. I’m so happy you have grown up so well. I feel so bad that I wasn’t able to be of any help to you over the years. I’m such a useless Jie. Please start to smile properly. Let it reach your eyes. I want to feel the warmth of those orbs that I use to look into and feel that you were alive.

 

Work hard and have fun my LuLu, my Didi

 

Love your JieJie

 

Lee Victory

P.S: I’ll always be watching over you.

 

She looked at this not then crumpled it up.

 

LuHan

 

Good luck on trying to make it into the upcoming group that SME is forming. Stay healthy and try to really smile.

 

Love Noona

 

She placed the second note into the bag marked LuHan. The server then came over to them to clean up the table.

 

“Could you give these to the 4 guys by the window when we leave.” She asked and the young man nodded. “Thanks.” She said and gave him a $20 tip. Tori and her then left the shop.

 

_____________________

 

“Sorry to bother you.” A male server said causing all 4 guys to look at him. “I was asked t give these to you guys. The noon had already left the area.” He placed the packages onto their table. SeHun opened his and beamed.

 

“Look Tao hyung we got one as well.” SeHun said showing the bag. He opened it and saw the note. He smiled and put the not into this wallet. LuHan and Kris both looked at the bags and shook their heads but put their wallets and phone into them. Kris read his note and tried not to show any emotion. LuHan read his note and looked at it questioningly. Kris read the not over his shoulder and laughed.

 

“Not funny Kris.” LuHan snapped.

 

“But its true Ge.” Kris said then the server came back.

 

“I’m sorry I think this dropped for one of the bags.” He said and held out a crumpled paper. LuHan took it and started reading. Hris snatched it away quickly. It was Tory’s first letter to LuHan. 

 

“Give it back WuFan.” LuHan said in a deadly tone.

 

“I can’t Ge.”

 

“Kevin Wu give me back that note.” LuHan snapped causing everyone in the shop to look at him. Kris gave it to him, since LuHan had never called him Kevin since the accident over 10 years ago. When LuHan read the Note he rushed out of the shop just as the girls pulled away in a cab.

 

“Ge...Hyung...Ge..” Kris, SeHun, and Tao said coming up beside him to only find tears falling from his eyes.

 

“She’s alive. Thank God.” He mumbled as he wiped tears from his eyes. “After all these years, she’s still alive.” He said and smiled. Kris patted his back. “You have no idea how much weight just came off my entire body.”

 

“”You don’t have to say it Ge. I can see it.” Kris said and they went back to the academy.

 

_____________________

 

Later that day the managers and SooMan were watching the candidates practice. They were amazed at LuHan. His moves showed more precision and he sang clearer. He was alive. His eyes smiled and sparkled. 

 

“What happened while you guys were out?” SooMan asked Kris who was videotaping LuHan for this aunty.

 

“He was able to see an old friend for 10 minutes. Just by fluke.” Kris said and SooMan nodded.

 

“She must have heeb really special to make such a change in him.”

 

“How did you know it was a SHE..”

 

“Kris, I know you boys too well. Something was holding him back. But now he looks free of all worry.” Kris nodded, “And so do you.”

 

 

 

_____________________

 

 

A week later Toni and Tory were at the mall when they saw a news announcement about a few members who were chosen for the new SME group. Tory smiled when she saw LuHan perform with a genuine smile on his face and true life in his eyes. At the end of his performance she almost gasped. He had given a signal that she only knew of since they made sure that at any competition they were at they would be able to show each other they were happy and content, that they were fine in everything.

 

“It looks like whatever you wrote to him kicked him into gear.” Tori commented.

 

“I just wrote a 2 line message really. I wouldn’t think it would change him too much.” Tory said and then thought of something. She took out her sell and pulled up Kris’s RenRen account and sent him a message privately.

____________________

 

Kris was napping when his phone beeped. LuHan picked it up and unlocked it. When he saw the message he replied.

 

~~~Ge found another note.~~~

 

He sent the message and then locked the phonE back up.

 

“Looks like I’ll have to act indifferent for now.” He said to himself not noticing SeHun had seen and heard him.

 

__________________

 

 

THEN STARTS THE REAL STORY