3rd meeting

A Lee and Lu's Past

 

LuHan was 12 years old the next time he saw Tory. She had changed a lot. He didn’t know how to treat her or how to act around her. It was a brand new school year and a group of Canadian students went to China for a school trip. The group stayed at Luhan’s place. The student all went to his families dojo and were kids were all joking around. Tory though kept quiet and just watched. That was until some of the kids had done something wrong.

 

LuHan had been messing around with WuFan when they accidentally kicked the large wall display care. The case started to fall causing most of the girls to scream in horror. Tory rushed to WuFan and LuHan. She used her body to protect the two.

 

“Kevin, Xiao Lu, are you both alright?” She wheezed out but there was no reply for the bother of them. “Damn.” She said and used all her strength to try to keep the display from falling more.

 

 

When the two boys came too they found themselves in the hospital. Their parents were there as well as Tory’s mother. “Are you boys feeling better?” She asked and they nodded. “Good because once you both get out of here you’re both in a lot of trouble.” Tory’s mother said but then went over to another bed in the room. There the boys saw Tory hooked up to many machines. 

 

“Aunty, what’s wrong with Jiejie?” WuFan asked.

 

“Boys she’s very hut.” Mrs Lu said and she looked at her son. He had his fists balled at his sides in the sheets.

 

“It’s my fault isn’t it.” LuHan said and all the parents sighed even Mrs Lee.

 

“No Xiao Lu. It wasn’t.” Mrs Lee said coming back to his side. “We found who caused the case to fall. But just remember the Dojo is not a play area.” She said patting his head. 

 

“But...”

 

“She’ll be fine Xiao Lu.” Mr Lee said coming into the room with a little girl in his arms and a young boy holding his let. “She just needs rest.”

 

“Yes boys, she’s going to need a lot of rest.” His mother said with a sad look in her eyes.

 

“But what about the competition tomorrow?” LuHan said remembering why Tory was actually there in China for.

 

“Lee will have to give up her title then.” His father said disappointed. 

 

“I’ll take her place.” LuHan said and the parents looked at him shocked. “It’s the least I can do.” He said then Tory’s eyes shot open.

 

“No you’re not.” Tory said and her mother rushed to her side. She was helped to sit up and some doctors came to look at her. 

 

 

 

Tory was found out of bed that night and was stretching out. The two boys woke to her swearing when pain would hit her.

 

“Jiejie please get back into bed.” WuFan said climbing out of his bed. “Ge, do something.” He went over to her worried and then gasped seeing blood on her back. “Jie please your back is...”

 

“Shut up.” She snapped, “If I lose my title later I have nothing.” Both boys were shocked at the anger in her voice. “It’s all I have. It’s the only way to have the others respect. I CAN’T LOSE THAT!!” she shouted. The doctors and nurses came running. They tried to get a hold of her but she just fought back.

 

LuHan went into front of her as she was about to punch one of the doctors. Her hand was stopped an inch from his face. He took her hands and put her back into bed. She didn’t fight back. She sighed when he curled up beside her. The Doctors and nurses sighed but just left the room.

 

“Go to bed Kevin.” He said and the younger did as told. “I’m sorry Jie, I should have been more careful.” He whispered later when he thought she was sleeping.

 

“You have nothing to be sorry for. The display case had been cut and pushed from the second floor. Someone wanted both you and Kevin out of the picture.” She whispered with her eyes closed. “I had been watching the two of you the entire time. I should have payed closer attention to the 3 men on the 2nd floor also watching you both. I was careless. Now sleep. You have a match later.”

 

_________________

 

At the tournament there were 3X’s the amount of security. Everyone wondered why. LuHan, WuFan and Tory were then brought into the main tournament area. “No way.” Some of the contestants said shocked.

 

“The three sat together at the front while the junior youth division started. 3-12 years of age. LuHan and WuFan were the exceptions. They had been put into the senior youth division with Tory.

 

The Junior division ended with Tory’s cousin as the winner, which surprised LuHan and WuFan since the boy looked to be really timid and weak the night before clinging to Tory’s dad.

 

“Don’t look so shocked boys.” Mrs Lee said from behind then. “Tory was the one who trained him.” They looked at Tory whose eyes seemed to shine with pride for her cousin.

 

 

As LuHan and WuFan were in their perspective matches Tory watching closely. Their opponents knew where exactly to hit the two injured boys. This pissed Tory off. What was more irritating was that their opponents were their older cousins that hadn’t been informed on how the two got injured. “Tory.” She nodded her head understanding what Mr Lu and her dad meant when saying her name. The Lu and We clans were trying to get rid of the two next in line. The two boys held their own but were badly injured. Their cousins both knocked out. This pushed one of the 19 year old Lu kids up to fight against Tory. This kid was 4 x’s Tory’s size.

 

“That’s just not right.” Some of the parents watching said. “He’s going to kill her.”

 

“That’s the point.” A voice said from behind where LuHan and WuFan had been placed. WuFan looked worried as LuHan tried to get up but couldn’t.

 

“She’s not going to interfere ever again.” Another voice said and LuHan knew it was his aunt. “Meddlesome brat has been messing with our plans since the day he was born.” Tory started fighting and was holding her own. She was able to knock the 19 year old to his knees a few times. But she knew that if she wanted to win she would have to knock him out. But with her back injury she knew that would be hard to do. Especially since he knew where she was hurt. As the match was coming to an end the two were both bleeding. 

 

The Lee’s were all on edge. They had never seen Tory this injured before. Both had blood falling on their faces from cuts on their heads. “You can’t protect him every time you hear word of us moving. We’ll have him in the end” The 19 year old said as he kicked her in the stomach causing her to fall onto her injured back.

 

“I’ll take you all on before I let anything you do hurt him.” She shouted and smashed her left foot on the top of his head when she rushed jumped him. He went down after a bloody cracking noise was heard and everyone went silent. She then quickly made her way over to the two 12 year olds. Just as she got to them she had shoved WuFan down and blocked LuHan as a gun was fired. All hell broke loose. She fell to her knees in front of LuHan who grabbed onto her. Tory’s family blocked the two while the Wu’s and Lu’s (the ones still protecting the family) had quickly disarmed the assailant.

 

“Jie?” LuHan and WuFan said. Tory lifted up her left hand and touched LuHan’s face and her right placed on WuFan’s shoulder.

 

“Are you both alright?” She asked.

 

“We’re fine Jiejie.” WuFan said and she nodded then lifted her head.

 

“Good...” She said smiling at them then her hands fell and she body gave out.

 

“JIE!” LuHan screamed causing everyone to freeze. He had her lay her on the ground and her family could see a hole in her already bloody back.  LuHan and WuFan had passed out for exhaustion and stress minutes later. 

 

 

Once the two boys woke up again it was to LuHan’s father screaming on his phone. “I WANT THEM FOUND AND DEALT WITH. I DON’T CARE. THEY PLACED A HIT ON MY SON AND NEPHEW. GET RID OF THEM FOR ALL I CARE. THE LEE’S TOOK A DEADLY CASUALTY. THEIR HEIR IS IN CRITICAL ALMOST DEAD. I DON’T CARE IF THEY ARE FAMILY. FIND THEM AND KILL THEM!!!!” The two looked at eachother then the door opened. LuHan’s father came in rubbing his forehead.

 

“Baba?” “Oji?” the two said and he looked at them.

 

“Boy’s how are you feeling?” He asked in a calm and collective voice.

 

“Ba...jie...” The older man shook his head.

 

“Oji, jie is alright...right...”WuFan said rushing up to his uncle with a pleading look in his eyes.

 

“SHe was flown back to Canada right after the match.” He said, “It didn’t look good boys. So just consider her as good as gone.”

 

“But Oji!” WuFan cried being very emotional as a child.

 

“I’m sorry boys.” He said and saw something die in his son’s eyes. LuHan’s eyes became dull unlike the overly expressive they usually were. LuHan also became very quiet.

 

________________

 

LuHan trained harder. He had been the one to find his aunt and tortured her until she turned herself into the police, as well as the other family members who had helped her follow through with her plan. He because ruthless even though he had a smile on his face, but never in his eyes.