Chapter2

Just Maybe [Chaptered Sequel]

 

a/n: FYI, i haven't proof read this, I'll do it later -__-;;;           

 

 

 

            Suho was ready to start the engine of his car after school when he heard a familiar ringtone from his phone, it’s Yixing.

            “Yes Xing?” He answered right away.

            “Are you home yet?”

           “What? School just ended barely 5 minutes ago, I haven’t left the school yet. What’s wrong?”

            “Thank God! Can you help me with something?”

            “Sure!”

            “Luhan is sick, he’s at my place now, I promised him that I would bring him something for dinner, but it’s so busy here, I can barely eat my own meal. Can you buy something for him and dropped it at my place? Because I’m pretty sure I would be too late.”

            “Nevermind, I’ll go there right away.”

            “Thanks Suho! I’m dead worried about him here.”

            “Hahahahahaha! It’s okay, just go back to work, I’ll hang up!”

            In less than an hour Suho was standing in front of Yixing’s apartment with two big plastic bags full of foods and snacks, struggling to push the doorbell. The reason why he brought a lot of food was because he planned to stay there for a while, half of it because he worried about Luhan, and half of it because he wanted to ask Luhan about.........................something.

            Not even 30s after he finally succeeded pushing the doorbell, a blonde head peeking from behind the door.

            Luhan smiled widely at him, “Suho? Why are you here? Come in, it’s cold outside!” He said as he opening the door wider so Suho can come into the apartment.

            “Just checking your condition. Why? You don’t like it if I visit you?” Suho asked jokingly as he took off his shoes at the doorstep.

            “No! Of course no, I was just wondering.” Luhan answered after he closed the door, before continued “Yixing didn’t tell me that you would come. I’m good by the way, I feel a lot better now, after a long sleep, and the fever is gone.”

            Suho looked around the apartment before decided to put the plastic bags on the kitchen counter. “Glad that you’re okay. Yixing is so busy at work, he will be late, so, he asked me to bring you some food. He didn’t want his princess starving.”

            Needless to say, Luhan’s face turned into a deep red when Suho . “Who did you just call princess?”

            Suho laughed at his reaction. No wonder Yixing was head over heels about Luhan, he was so adorable.

            “Do you want to eat now? I’ll heat these foods for you, these aren’t so warm anymore.” Suho asked as he opening the kitchen cabinet to find some utensils.

            “Yeah, I’m hungry, I fell asleep and skipped lunch, I’ll help you!” Luhan answered on his way to the kitchen.

            “Don’t, just wait, Yixing going to scold me if I let his sick princess do the hard work.”

            “I’m not a princess!!”

 

 

            Luhan’s deer like eyes widened at the sight in front of him. Not only Suho brought enough food for the rest of the year, but he was pretty sure those foods are expensive, not something you just buy at small restaurant nearby.

            “This is too much.... I think... Unless you eat like elephant.” He said still with his eyes wide.

            “I don’t know what food you would like to eat, so I bought various foods for you to choose, let’s start eating! These foods make me hungry!”

            They eat together with small talk, trying to know each other. Luhan was trying to know more about his boyfriend’s friend, and Suho was trying to know his friend’s boyfriend better.

            The conversation continued even after they finished their early dinner, with Luhan sitting on the dining table, enjoying a cup of warm milk tea while Suho washing the dishes.

            “... and Minseok said that Kris can’t speak Korean properly not because he spent too many years in Canada but simply because he’s dumb.” Luhan chuckled at his own story about his best friends.

            On the other hand, Suho, who now preparing a cup of coffee for himself, his heart skipped a beat hearing Minseok’s name. He was hesitating for a while before turning to Luhan and sit in front of him.

            “Can I ask you something?” He wasn’t really sure about this, but he continues anyway.

            Luhan just nodded, with his eyebrows raised, wondering why the situation became slightly serious all of sudden.

            “Uh, about Minseok,” Suho paused a little, “I talked to him on the lunch break today, because he was alone, and I was alone too, since Jongin was attending dance competition and your boyfriend was at work. But I think he didn’t seem to like me that much.”

            Luhan pouted at the question, trying to find the best way to answer it.

            “Minseok....” he started, “It’s not that he hates you, it’s just... his life is so sad... I’ll tell you something about him, but can you just pretend to not know? He hate it if people pitying him.”

             Suho only nodded, he couldn’t think of other response.

            “One day, when he was 8, his parents left him. They left almost nothing for him, only the house he live in, and some money on the table. No letter, no explanation, nothing. Since then, he lived alone, he was forced to survive alone at an age as young as 8. Because of that, he was afraid to get close to people, because in his mind, by the end of the day, they would leave him like what his parents did..... In his mind, if even his parents didn’t want him, why would other people?” Luhan fell silent at the thought of his friend.

            “I met him on middle school, and it took me months before he finally talks to me, like literally talk, not just short answers to my questions. And fortunately, since then, he started to open up little by little, our conversation became longer, and he can finally laugh again.” He continued while playing with the spoon inside his cup. He smiled a little before started again, “With Kris it was definitely easier, but it still took him few months before he finally accept him completely, and now, Minseok really attached to Kris.”

            Suho traced the edge of his cup with his fingers, there are a lot of questions he wanted to ask, trying to choose one to ask first. “So, he didn’t particularly hate me, did he?”

            Luhan chuckled, “Nah~ But you need to be patient with him if you want to be his friend.”

            “But he said he doesn’t like rich people?”

            “Ah...” Luhan finally spoke after a moment of thinking, “Recently, he accidentally overheard his neighbor’s conversation. Those people said, the reason why his parents left him was because his parents wanted to start anew. His parents were still so young when they left him. In other words, his parents left him to make a better life, without him as a burden. He has this negative view about rich people, because he thinks, reach people are just heartless people who would sacrifice anything for money.”

            “How did he survive though?” Suho asked again.

            “When he was still a little, he did everything he could so that he can eat and go to school. He worked at the fish market after school, helping people there. He didn’t want to accept money for free, so people would ask him to do things like lifting boxes or cleaning the table at small restaurant, and they paid him. It’s a lot better since he entered high school, because he can work at a better place, like convenient stores, with better payment too.” Luhan explained.

            Suho was at lost for words, he was trying to digest all of those information at once. He felt angry at Minseok’s parents, and he felt sad for the boy. No one deserves something like that. “Where does he work now?’

            “At a café not far from Yixing’s workplace, it’s a good place, they pay him really well.” Luhan smiled wider, happy for his friend.

            Suho nodded, he’s happy too that his life was easier now, maybe still not easy, but definitely easier. He bite his lips before asking the last question, “You said he’s attached to Kris, did he....”

            Before he can finish his question, Luhan threw him a knowing look along with a smile.

            “Nah~ He’s like a brother to him. Kris is the most mature one out of us, so, yeah... he’s the most dependable one.”

            “Suho,” Luhan continued with a more serious tone, “If you want to be friend with him, go ahead, just be patient, and...... I beg you, just don’t hurt him.”

            “I wouldn’t.” Suho answered without even thinking.

 

comment please ;~;