Chapter3

Just Maybe [Chaptered Sequel]

 

           

 

          “Minseok! Someone is looking for you!” Baekhyun, a bubbly barista who worked at the same café as Miseok told him when he was just back from the restroom and ready to take an order.

            Minseok raised his eyebrows wondering which one between Luhan or Kris looking for him. “Who? Luhan? Kris?” he asked the barista who now placing a cup of hot Cappuccino on the counter for him to take.

            “No,” Baekhyun answered as he wiped his hands, “I never met him before, this is his order... That boy!” he said and pointing a table in the far corner of the café.

            Minseok raised his eyebrows even higher, if that’s possible. Wondering who that boy is, he can only see his back from the café’s counter.

            “Are you looking for me?” He asked the said boy once he standing beside his table and placing the hot Cappuccino in front of him. His eyes widen when that boy lifted his face and flashing him a really bright smile and said “Yes!”

            He tried his best, really, to not roll his eyes when he saw who was looking for him, because however, he was still at work and that person was his customer. “Is there anything I can do for you?” he asked, instead of “What the hell are you doing here? And what do you want from me?” he originally planned to ask.

            The other boy chuckled at him before asked him back, “Why so formal?”

            “Suho, listen! I’m still at work now, if you have nothing important, I have something else to do.”

            Suho almost pouted at what he heard, but it was really not Minseok’s fault. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you. Uh.... the other boys are busy, so I came here to see you.”

            “And?” Minseok shot him a deadly glare now.

            “Well! Since you’re still at work.... when will your shift ended?”

            “In two hours.” Minseok almost slapped himself, why did he tell him that?

            “Oh! Okay then!” Suho grinned. “Now you can back at work.”

            With that, Minseok rolled his eyes for real before went back to the café’s counter.

            When his shift ended, all he wanted to do was just going straight to his home, and sleep. He completely forgot about Suho already, let alone expecting the boy to be waiting for him in front of the café leaning against his car door. He silently cursed inside his head when Suho spotted him, his plan to take another way to avoid him was useless now. So, without any other choice, he just kept walking, and completely ignoring him. That, before Suho decided to approaching him midway.

            “Yes?” He asked with the most irritated voice he can manage.

            “Uh...... I haven’t had dinner yet... and I’m pretty sure you haven’t had yours too. How about me treat you dinner?”

            “No!” he said and started to walk away, but Suho blocked his way making him beyond irritated, “What now?”

            Suho was trying to think about something, anything, so that the boy in front of him agreed to have a dinner with him. But before he can think of any there’s this weird sound came to his ears, and later he realized that it was a growling sound from a hungry tummy. If it wasn’t coming from him, that means.................. He lifted his head and greeted with an adorable sight of Minseok bowing his head deeply with deep red cheeks. He was wondering why someone could leave an adorable boy like this, and it was such a shame that that changed this adorable boy into a cold person. Oh well, maybe he actually wasn’t that cold anyway, just afraid of getting hurt.

            He didn’t know how to react, he didn’t think laughing was right, and hugging him because he was too adorable would be inappropriate too. So he just chuckled and grabbed his hands, pulling him to his car and opened the door for him, but instead of entering the car, Minseok was just standing there.

            “Listen,” Suho started, “You’re hungry, and it’s freaking cold here, so stop being so stubborn and just go inside already!” with that he pushed the stubborn boy inside, closing the door, and went to the other side of his car.

            Suho decided to bring him to a small restaurant a few blocks away from Minseok’s workplace. After ordering their foods, they just sat there, not even talk to each other. Not that Suho didn’t want to talk, but he didn’t know what to say.

            Minseok’s eyes wondering around the restaurant, his cat like eyes seemed judging every single imperfection around him. His gaze then caught a sight of a small family in the far corner near the window, a young couple with their son, maybe 8 or 9 years old. His eyes hardened at the sight, remembering a long forgotten memory.

            Not even one single move left unnoticed by Suho. From how he kept playing with his bracelet, or how he occasionally flipped his hair when his bangs covering his eyes, to the change in his eyes when he saw that family.

            Suho turned his head to the direction where Minseok kept her eyes fixed at, and he feels like his heart fell to his feet. A sight of a happy family that would make anyone felt warm inside, but maybe bringing back a lot of painful memory for Minseok. Because when Minseok was at the same age as that boy, instead of eating in a restaurant with his family, he had to work, cleaning tables in a restaurant just so he can survive.

            He decided to distract Minseok’s attention. “So. How’s work?”

            Minseok threw him a not-so-happy stare before answering. “It’s just work.” It’s okay, he thought, as long as Minseok’s attention distracted from some unhappy memories.

            “Oh...” He said in return. He then understand what Luhan meant, Minseok would only giving him a short answer for his questions and wouldn’t talk for the rest of the time. But he didn’t give up.

            “How long have you been working there?” he asked again.

            “A little less than a year.”

            “That seems like a nice place to work.”

            “It’s not bad.”

            Just when he was about to ask another question, their foods came, and they started to eat in silence. Not the kind of uncomfortable silence, but not that totally comfortable silence either. But Suho didn’t mind, and Minseok probably didn’t care.

            “Thanks!” was the only word Minseok said when Suho dropped him in front of his house.

            Suho rolled his window down and said “I’ll pick you up tomorrow!” in wich Minseok replied with a “Don’t!”

            But both of them knew that Suho would still do it anyway. Simply because he was stubborn.

 

 

 

a/n:

I ended up didn't proof read the prev chapter, and idk whether if i'm going to proof read this one............. OTL

Thanks for those who still following this fic.. idc even if it's only 1 person.. <3

but comment would be nice tho <_<