Happy {Chapter 2}

Notice...

“Lee Sungmin, where do you think you’re going?” Ms Kwon asked as her son headed out the door.

“I’m going to hang out with Kangin” he replied.

Leeteuk, who was seated on the sofa listening to his ipod, turned down his music so he could eavesdrop on the conversation.

“Remember that I’m going out tonight. So I won’t be home” she said “You’re going to have to cook your own dinner, okay?”

“Yes mom” Sungmin said, closing the door behind him.

Ms Kwon heaved a sigh before looking over to Leeteuk.

“Will you be alright while I’m gone?” she asked.

“I’ll be fine mom” Leeteuk said with a nod.

“And don’t forget to call me if anything goes wrong” she said.

“Yes mom, I’ll call you” he said, taking out his earphones and placing his ipod down on the armrest of the sofa.

“Okay, I’m going to get prepared then” she said, standing and making her way down the cramped hall.

Leeteuk watched as his mother walked off and bit his bottom lip.

He couldn’t believe that Sungmin was still dating Kim Kangin. Usually his relationships wouldn’t even last a week but the two had been dating for a whole two weeks!

Leeteuk propped his legs up onto the sofa and laid there, contemplating ways to get noticed by the younger boy.

He could send him a love letter…but that would be too cheesy. He could actually go up to the other boy and talk to him…but he didn’t have the confidence.

Then something entered Leeteuk’s train of thought. What if he cooked for Kangin? Kangin seemed to appreciate food and Leeteuk recalled him saying he liked bulgogi. He had said it was his favourite.

Leeteuk smiled to himself. That’s what he would do, he would cook for Kim Kangin. Maybe then he would get noticed?

~~~

“Where are we going?” Sungmin asked, smiling up at his boyfriend.

“I wanted to take you somewhere special. I’ve never shown anybody before, you’ll be the first” Kangin explained, taking up Sungmin’s smaller hand in his.

Sungmin flinched slightly and went to move his hand away.

“What’s wrong?” Kangin asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Nothing, it’s just…I was planning to take you somewhere instead” Sungmin said.

“Oh, that’s okay then” Kangin said with a small smile “I can take you some other time”

“Good” Sungmin responded and lead them in the opposite direction.

“So where are we going?” Kangin asked.

“It’s a surprise” Sungmin said.

“How is your mom by the way?” Kangin asked, looking over at Sungmin.

“She’s fine” Sungmin said “She won’t be home tonight though, she’s got a date”

“Oh, really? So you don’t have a dad?” Kangin asked curiously.

“Um…It’s complicated” Sungmin said, trying to avoid the topic.

“Oh…” Kangin said, realising that Sungmin didn’t want to talk about it “What about your brother?”

“What about my brother?” Sungmin asked back, surprised since this was the first time Kangin had brought up the older boy.

“I haven’t seen him around your place lately” Kangin said, tilting his head.

“Oh, he’s too busy studying in his room. Something about final exams” Sungmin brushed off, shrugging his shoulders.

Sungmin knew that Leeteuk had a thing for Kangin and he wasn’t going to let that get in the way of his relationship.

“Oh, he seems like a quiet person” Kangin commented “He never even introduced himself to me”

“Yeah, I don’t think he likes you…” Sungmin said, deceiving his boyfriend.

“What? Why?” Kangin asked, gasping slightly.

“He told me that he doesn’t like you at all” Sungmin said, hiding the smirk that spread across his face.

“Oh…that’s a shame…” Kangin said, sounding genuinely hurt.

“But who cares about him, right? He’s just a loser” Sungmin said, patting Kangin’s back.

“Yeah, who cares” Kangin said, still sounding quite upset.

Sungmin stopped walking and the two boys stood in front of a building.

“Well, here we are” Sungmin said, sighing happily.

“We’re at…the gym?” Kangin asked.

Sungmin nodded “You refused to come last week in the morning so I changed it to afternoons instead”

Kangin was displeased considering that he had planned to spend a peaceful afternoon with the younger boy.

“Let’s go inside” Sungmin encouraged, walking into the building.

Kangin followed him begrudgingly.

“Hey Sungmin!” a boy said, jogging up to the two “Oh, is this your boyfriend?”

Sungmin nodded “Yeah, this is Kangin. Kangin, this is my friend Minsoo”

Kangin looked up at the other boy. He seemed to look incredibly fit.

“Ah, the one you’ve been dating for two weeks? Let’s just hope you can continue dating him for another three” Minsoo said in a low voice.

Sungmin laughed nervously “Yeah, I hope so too”

“Hey Min!” another boy said, approaching the three boys; another boy following close behind him.

“Hey Soohyun and AJ” Sungmin greeted “Kangin, these are just a few of my friends”

Kangin nodded in acknowledgement while looking around the gym. People were running on treadmills, doing push-ups, lifting weights and skipping rope but one thing caught Kangin’s attention, the punching bag.

Kangin had always wanted to use one of those.

“I’m going to use the punching bag” Kangin simply stated before making his way over there.

Once Kangin was out of ear range Minsoo leaned in closer to Sungmin.

“You’ve got another five weeks. Then you will get your money” he said.

Sungmin nodded and looked over to where Kangin was putting on the boxing gloves.

“I’ll be able to do it, don’t you worry” Sungmin said back.

Kangin puffed out his chest and swung back his arm, punching the bag at full force.

He smiled to himself but gasped when the bag came back and hit him, knocking him down onto the floor.

Minsoo chuckled “Good luck with that Sungmin”

~~~

Leeteuk smiled brightly as he entered the grocery store, taking a shopping cart and exploring the aisles filled with food.

He stopped at the fruit and vegetable section and got the necessary ingredients before looking through the spices aisle. He needed something that would give his bulgogi a certain flavour.

He decided on a few different spices and placed them into his cart. He made his way to the cash register, not forgetting to grab a couple of drinks and a carton of eggs on the way out.

He paid for the items before taking the bags and heading out of the store. Once he was out, he looked around for a place to sit down. He spotted a bench not far from where he stood and hurriedly made his way over there, putting down his bags and collapsing onto the seat; resting his tired legs.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled up piece of paper, flattening it out and reading from it.

He still had a lot of things to get so he huffed and stood up from the bench, picking up his bags and heading down the street towards the butcher.

He stepped inside and looked around briefly.

“May I help you?” the butcher asked, stepping out from the back room.

“Um…I would like some beef sir” Leeteuk responded, gripping onto his bags tightly.

“Alright, how many would you like to serve?” he asked, putting on a pair of rubber gloves.

“Just two, thank you” Leeteuk answered.

The man put some of the beef into a bag and handed it over to Leeteuk.

“Will that be all today?” he asked.

Leeteuk nodded.

“That’ll be 600 won then” he said.

Leeteuk put down all of his bags and dug through his pocket for his wallet. He pulled it out and laughed nervously as he searched for the right amount of money. Once he found 600 won, he handed it over to the man and scooped up his bags; making his way over to the home ware store.

Leeteuk looked through the large store for one thing in particular, scented candles. He remembered that Kangin said he liked the smell of them and since his mother wouldn’t be home tonight, it wouldn’t affect her allergies.

Leeteuk scanned through the endless shelves for them and smiled when he came across them.

There were so many different scents. Strawberry, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon and lime. Leeteuk decided to buy one of each.

After he left the home ware store he headed for the bakery. Leeteuk had recalled Kangin saying something about the chocolate filled croissants which they made down here when Kangin was walking passed his room with Sungmin.

He glanced down at his watched and realised that he didn’t have long until Sungmin and Kangin should be home so he quickened his pace, making it to the bakery in record time.

“You look exhausted” the old woman working at the bakery exclaimed as Leeteuk walked through the door.

Leeteuk smiled, despite feeling like falling asleep on the spot and approached the counter.

“You wouldn’t happen to have any of those chocolate filled croissants left, would you?” he asked hopefully.

The woman smiled “You’re just in luck, there is one left!”

Leeteuk sighed in relief “I’d like to buy it please”

The woman put the croissant in a brown paper back and handed it over to him.

“That comes to 300 won” she said.

Leeteuk, who had his wallet out and ready, handed her the money and thankfully took the bag.

He left the store quickly and got back home with all the ingredients to make bulgogi and he quickly started to cook the meat and prepare the table, not forgetting to put scented candles in the new candleholder.

He went back to making the bulgogi. While he cooked he thought of Kangin and if he would enjoy it. Even though he wasn’t the best at cooking, he put all of his heart into this. He hoped it would make Kangin notice him.

Once he had finished the bulgogi he placed it on the set table and left the croissant on the kitchen bench before heading over to the bathroom to take a much needed bath.

~~~

“Let’s go back to my place” Sungmin said as the two of them headed out of the gym.

Kangin wiped the sweat from his forehead and nodded in agreement.

“We can have dinner there. I’ll order take away or something” Sungmin said, heading down the pavement.

“Yeah, that sounds okay” Kangin said, sighing.

“So did you have fun at the gym?” Sungmin asked with a knowing smile on his face.

“It was alright. I liked the punching bag” Kangin replied.

“You should have done a proper work out with me” Sungmin said with a pout “Next time, I’m becoming your personal trainer for the day”

“But…I don’t want that” Kangin said honestly.

“You don’t know what you want” Sungmin said, turning into the path that leads up to his doorstep.

He swung open the door and walked inside, Kangin following close behind.

“Do you smell that?” Kangin said, taking in a big breath of air through his nose.

Sungmin copied him “Yeah, it smells like food”

“Not just any food” Kangin said, taking another sniff “It smells like bulgogi”

“Um…” Sungmin said, looking up at Kangin.

Kangin shuffled into the kitchen and gasped at what he saw. The dining room was dimly lit and candles shone brightly, illuminating the table. On it was two servings of bulgogi, along with two glasses of soda.

“S-Sungmin, did you…did you do this for me?” Kangin asked, turning around to face his boyfriend.

Sungmin’s eyes widened and he slowly nodded his head.

“Y-Yeah, sure I did” he lied.

“Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before” Kangin said, gazing over fondly at Sungmin “You even remembered my favourite meal and…are those scented candles?”

Sungmin nodded “Of course I remembered…”

Sungmin started to wonder who actually set this up for him. Maybe it was his mother? Maybe she was trying to help his relationship with Kangin? Well…whatever she did, it was working.

“Let’s just eat” Sungmin said with a small smile.

Kangin nodded and took a seat down at the table, inhaling the smell of the candles mixed with the smell of good food.

~~~

Leeteuk stepped out of the shower and dried off his blonde hair with a towel. He hoped Kangin would arrive here soon. He was sure that Sungmin would bring him back home, considering their mother was out that night.

He hummed to himself as he slipped in his blue jeans and he picked out his favourite white top to go with it.

Leeteuk looked over himself in the mirror and frowned when he saw a couple of pimples sitting on his forehead. He pushed his fringe down over it and smiled when he could no longer see them.

He opened the door of the bathroom and walked casually down the hall before he heard the low buzz of voices coming from the dining room.

He stopped at the end of the hall and peered into the other room, gasping at what he saw.

Kangin was seated at the table across from Sungmin. Kangin was eating the bulgogi that he had made. He looked like he was enjoying it too. While Sungmin didn’t even touch his food.

Leeteuk listened intently to what they were saying.

“This is really good Min! You cook really well!” Kangin complemented, taking a sip of the soda.

“Oh, thank you” Sungmin said, flashing a fake smile at the other boy.

Leeteuk didn’t know how to react. He was just so upset. He felt tears spilling from his eyes as he watched upon the scene.

“What’s for dessert?” Kangin asked jokingly.

“Oh um…”Sungmin looked around.

“Sungmin, I was joking” Kangin said with a chuckle.

“Wait! I-I got you something for desert!” Sungmin said, pointing over at the kitchen bench where a piece of pastry sat on a plate.

Kangin turned around.

“Is that…what I think it is?” Kangin asked excitedly.

Sungmin laughed nervously “What do you think it is?”

Sungmin stood up and picked up the plate, bringing it back to the table.

“It is a chocolate croissant! I can’t believe you remembered me telling you about that” Kangin said with a huge smile.

“Yeah well…” Sungmin said, placing it in front of Kangin.

Leeteuk smiled through his tears as he saw Kangin’s reaction. He looked so happy. Kangin’s smile was almost reaching his ears at that moment and Leeteuk was so glad that Kangin was happy.

Sungmin stared at the chocolate filled pastry and winced in disgust. He had just taken Kangin to the gym and now he was going to eat this? His mother should have known how he was with foods like this. He didn’t approve of them at all!

Kangin happily ate up the croissant, his smile never leaving his face.

“I promise I’ll make this up to you Sungmin” Kangin said with his mouthful.

Sungmin nodded and pulled out his phone, not paying much attention to Kangin at all.

Leeteuk sighed and wiped away his tears from his spot at the end of the hall.

As long as Kangin was happy, he was happy.

Leeteuk smiled a small smile and disappeared down the hall and into his room, curling up in his nice warm bed for the night.

~~~

A/N Poor Leeteuk *sobs* But there will be a hint of Kangteuk in the next chapter ^_^ I’m so excited to right it! *flails around everywhere*

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter~ Comment and subscribe please!! ^O^