Detention {Chapter 3}

Notice...

Leeteuk hurried down the halls of the school. He was running late for his modern history class and he had an assignment due today.

As he rounded the corner he felt something fairly large come into contact with him, sending his books and sheets of paper up in the air, causing him fall back onto the ground.

“O-Oh, I’m sorry” someone said “I didn’t see you coming around the corner”

Leeteuk blinked and looked up, blushing when he realised who had run into him. It was Kim Kangin.

Kangin offered Leeteuk his hand, to help him up but Leeteuk only blushed even more and managed to stand on his own.

“At least let me help pick up your stuff…” Kangin said, feeling slightly offended that Leeteuk didn’t let him help.

Maybe Sungmin was telling the truth…Maybe Leeteuk didn’t like him.

Kangin couldn’t help but feel saddened at the thought.

“N-No, you don’t have to. It’s okay” Leeteuk stuttered.

Kangin bent down onto his knees and began to gather Leeteuk’s things.

“I will anyway” he said with one of those raccoon smiles.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened. Was he dreaming?

Leeteuk pinched his arm, just to make sure and sure enough, he wasn’t dreaming. Kim Kangin was actually paying attention to him. He was actually talking to him.

Once Kangin had gathered Leeteuk’s books, he stood and handed them over to the other boy who was currently staring at the larger boy with those large doe eyes of his.

“Um…” Kangin said, feeling slightly uncomfortable under the other’s gaze.

“Oh!” Leeteuk exclaimed, suddenly looking away “I..uhh… thank you very much”

Kangin chuckled a little “You’re welcome. I was actually asking about you the other day, I was wandering what you were up to. I haven’t seen you around”

“Y-You were asking about…me?” Leeteuk asked.

“Yeah, of course. You’re my boyfriend’s big brother” Kangin said.

“Oh…yeah…” Leeteuk said, looking down “I’ve been studying a lot for final exams. I’ll be graduating soon, so I want to get the best results I can”

“You’re lucky, I still have two more years of this” Kangin said “What will you do after school?”

“I’ll attend college. I want to become a teacher” Leeteuk said with a slight smile.

He had always wanted to become a teacher ever since he was a kid.

“I think you would make a great teacher” Kangin commented.

“Wow, you really think so?” Leeteuk said, that bright red blush sneaking back up onto his face.

Kangin nodded with a sweet smile.

 “What do you want to do when you leave school?” Leeteuk asked curiously.

“Hm…I’m not sure yet” Kangin said with a shrug.

“Ah, well there’s no rush” Leeteuk said with a small smile.

Kangin smiled back before, looking down at his watch “Wow, now I’m really late for class”

Leeteuk gasped. Class!! He almost forgot!

“Before I go; I was just wondering, where is Sungmin today?” Kangin asked.

“He went to visit his mother for the day. Didn’t he tell you?” Leeteuk replied.

“Wait, what? Isn’t his mother at home?” Kangin asked, becoming confused.

“Oh, you mean Ms Kwon? She’s not our real mother. Ms Kwon adopted us. I thought Sungmin would have told you, I’m sorry” Leeteuk said.

“It’s alright. I just can’t believe he didn’t tell me he wouldn’t be here” Kangin huffed “I wanted to take him out this afternoon”

“You can always take him tomorrow, right?” Leeteuk asked.

“Yeah, right. Thank you for telling me” Kangin said.

“You’re welcome” Leeteuk said with a smile.

“What are you two doing out here in the halls? The bell has rung twenty minutes ago” the principal said, suddenly appearing from around the corner.

“I-I uhh…” Leeteuk stuttered, looking over to Kangin.

“Get to class now. Both of you. And see me in the principal’s office after school for a detention” he said gruffly.

“Yes sir” Kangin said with a curt bow before hurrying off down the halls.

“S-Sorry sir” Leeteuk said before doing the same as Kangin.

The principal shook his head before, heading off in a different direction.

~~~

“Yesung! You won’t believe what happened to me this morning!!” Leeteuk sang out, making his way over to their lunch table.

Yesung looked up at his friend with a confused expression.

“Kim Kangin! He talked to me!” Leeteuk squeaked out, taking a seat right beside his best friend.

Yesung opened his mouth, about to say something when Leeteuk cut him off.

“And he helped me pick up my books and he smiled at me! Oh, Yesung! It was just like a movie!!” Leeteuk rambled on.

“Hyung, tha…” Yesung started to say.

“But that’s not even the best part! We both have detention together! Isn’t that great Yesung?” Leeteuk continued.

“That’s great hyung” Yesung finally managed to say.

“I know” Leeteuk said with the happiest grin on his face.

Leeteuk pulled out his lunch and began to eat an apple.

“So I’m assuming your plan worked last night?” Yesung asked.

Leeteuk stopped eating and shook his head “It didn’t work at all. Sungmin told Kangin that he was the one who made the bulgogi and Kangin believed him”

“Oh…hyung, I’m sorry” Yesung said, remembering how excited Leeteuk had been when he told him about his plan.

“It’s alright though” Leeteuk smiled “It’s not like it’s the end of the world…”

“You’re right hyung” Yesung said back before finishing off his lunch.

Once the bell rung everybody went back to class. Class was going excruciatingly slow for Park Leeteuk. He couldn’t wait for it to end so that he could go to detention.

~~~

The bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. Leeteuk jumped up from his seat and gathered his things, heading straight for the principal’s office.

Once he arrived the principal signalled for him to enter and he did.

“Park Leeteuk, what has gotten into you? You’ve never been on a detention before in your life” he said as Leeteuk took a seat.

“I’m sorry sir. I was running late for class and I ran into Kangin” Leeteuk said “We happened to get stuck in conversation sir”

The principal shook his head “I’m not proud of you Park”

“I understand sir” Leeteuk replied, keeping his head down.

The door creaked open and Kangin entered the room, bowing low at the principal.

“Kim Kangin, this is the fourth time this week you have been late to morning classes” he said in a stern voice.

Kangin nodded, still in a bowing position.

“Take a seat please” the principal instructed.

Kangin obeyed and took a seat beside Leeteuk.

“I have a meeting now” he spoke “So I would like you two to clean my office until it is spotless”

They both nodded and watched silently as their school’s principal left the room.

Leeteuk immediately stood from his position on the chair and started to tidy the desk.

Kangin just watched curiously.

Feeling a pair of eyes on him; Leeteuk tilted his head to the side, only to find Kangin looking back at him with those eyes of his.

Kangin immediately broke eye contact and stood from where he was seated.

“Let me help” he said, leaning over Leeteuk so he could help fix the clattered desk.

Leeteuk could feel a blush creeping across his face so he tried his best to hide it.

“Thanks” Leeteuk managed to say.

Kangin chuckled “You’re welcome”

Leeteuk couldn’t move from the position he was in. He felt a little uncomfortable.

“Oh, I should probably get out of your way” Kangin said, noticing Leeteuk’s state of uncomfort.

Kangin moved and Leeteuk pouted softly once the warmth disappeared.

Leeteuk continued to wipe down the desk with a wet sponge, avoiding Kangin’s curious gazes.

Kangin was confused about the way Leeteuk acted while he was around him. He seemed like he was trying to avoid him. Yet he would always seem so shy and awkward. He blushed a lot too. Kangin found this just adorable.

“Why are you trying avoid me?” Kangin asked, moving a little closer to Leeteuk who shifted away slightly.

Leeteuk blushed even harder.

“I-I’m not trying to avoid you” he replied.

“Yes you are” Kangin stated “You just moved away from me right now”

Leeteuk glanced up at the larger boy, blush still evident on his face.

“I’m sorry” Leeteuk apologised “Don’t take offence to it”

Kangin took in a breath and asked what he dared to ask.

“Do you hate me?” he mumbled.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened at the statement. How could he ever hate Kangin?

“Of course I don’t hate you” Leeteuk said “Why would you ever think that?”

“You’ve never really talked to me until today and you’ve been trying to avoid me a little since we got in here…” Kangin explained.

Leeteuk bit his bottom lip and looked up at Kangin.

“I’m a little…shy” Leeteuk admitted.

“But Sungmin said…” Kangin trailed off.

“Sungmin said what?” Leeteuk asked, bitting his lip more frantically.

“Nevermind…I guess he was mistaken” Kangin said, shrugging.

Leeteuk released his hold on his own plump lip before wiping the last spot on the principal’s desk.

“I guess we’re done then” Leeteuk concluded, putting down the cloth.

“There’s still one thing to wash though” Kangin said, picking up Leeteuk’s discarded sponge and soaking it up with water.

“Really? I thought we washed everything” Leeteuk said, unsure of what was left to clean “What is left?”

“You!” Kangin said, tossing the sponge in Leeteuk’s direction and chuckling playfully.

Leeteuk gasped as the sponge hit against his torso, leaving a wet patch there.

Leeteuk pouted a little.

“Why did you do that for…?” Leeteuk asked, looking down at the ground.

“What? O-Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. I was just joking” Kangin said, making his way over to Leeteuk to make sure he was alright.

Leeteuk said nothing.

“Are you alright?” Kangin asked, now standing right in front of the older boy.

Leeteuk giggled a little, gripping the sponge in his hands and lunging forward to attack the other boy with it. Leeteuk wiped the sponge right on Kangin’s face.

Leeteuk giggled again and stuck his tongue out at the other.

“Do I win?” Leeteuk asked.

Kangin, surprised by the attack, nodded.

“Yeah, you win Leeteuk” Kangin agreed.

“Yay” Leeteuk cheered, jumping up and down.

Kangin chuckled at the older boy’s childish behaviour.

Leeteuk stopped celebrating and smiled proudly, hugging the younger boy without thinking.

“Um…” Kangin said, not sure what to do or say.

“O-Oh! I’m sorry” Leeteuk said, suddenly realising what he was actually doing.

Leeteuk broke the hug and backed up a little.

“I should just leave now since the cleaning is finished” Leeteuk said softly, turning around and leaving as quickly as possible.

Kangin automatically ran after the older boy.

“Leeteuk wait!” he shouted out, rounding the same corner which he saw the other boy turn.

Leeteuk heard Kangin calling out his name and he wasn’t sure whether to stop or keep going. So caught up in his thoughts, Leeteuk was not looking where he was going.

Kangin could see Leeteuk entering the schoolyard. He watched as Leeteuk ran straight into a tree. He witnessed as Leeteuk’s body became limp on the ground.

Kangin ran over to Leeteuk as fast as he could and kneeled on the ground beside the other boy.

“Leeteuk? Are you okay?” Kangin asked worriedly.

Leeteuk’s eyes opened slowly and Kangin sighed in relief.

“Don’t scare me like that” Kangin said softly.

Leeteuk blinked a little, his eyes readjusting to the light.

“What happened?” Leeteuk asked.

“You ran into a tree. I’m sorry for chasing after you. It was my fault you passed out” Kangin explained.

“No it wasn’t. I shouldn’t have ran” Leeteuk said.

“Why did you run?” Kangin asked.

“Because I hugged you and it was embarrassing for me” Leeteuk admitted.

“Why?” Kangin asked.

“Because… I’m shy” Leeteuk lied.

Kangin chuckled “Then don’t be shy in front of me, okay? There’s nothing to be shy about”

Leeteuk sighed and nodded, allowing Kangin to help him up.

“I guess I should get home now” Leeteuk said.

Kangin nodded “Me too”

“Sungmin will be back home tomorrow, won’t he?” Kangin continued.

Leeteuk nodded, a little upset at the mention of his younger brother.

“Good, I might come over for dinner then. Only if Ms Kwon doesn’t mind” Kangin said with an eye smile.

“I’m sure she won’t mind. She loves you” Leeteuk said.

Kangin smiled “I guess I’ll see you then”

“Yeah” Leeteuk responded.

~~~

A/N I'm really sorry it took so long to get this up and that this chapter is not as good as the first two. I have re-written this three times, hoping that it will become better but I've just been struggling to write anything lately. I hope that my writing gets a little better soon -.-'