Listen {Chapter 1}

Notice...

The door of the household swung open, a short cute boy followed by a larger boy entered the small home.

These two boys have been dating for a couple of days already and the short cute one had invited the larger one into his home.

“You have a nice house” the large one, Kangin, commented.

The cute one, Sungmin, looked up at Kangin with a raised eyebrow.

“Are you kidding? It’s so small. I can’t wait to get out of here to be honest” Sungmin said with a sigh.

“Whatever suits you I guess” Kangin said with a small shrug.

Sungmin made his way down a narrow hallway, which Kangin only just practically fit through.

“Which one is your room?” Kangin asked, eyeing the four doors evenly spread across the hall.

“The one down the far end” Sungmin pointed out.

Suddenly an older boy, attempting to get out of one of the rooms, flung the door wide open; causing it to smack Sungmin and Kangin in their faces.

Kangin cringed slightly while Sungmin groaned with anger, his face forming a scowl.

“O-Oh, I’m so sorry. I-I didn’t see you coming” the boy apologised, bowing down low.

“Leeteuk! Watch where you’re going! Gosh” Sungmin shouted.

“I-I really am sorry” said the one known as Leeteuk, bowing once again.

Kangin rubbed at his swollen cheek where the door had hit him and winced.

Leeteuk gasped, finally realising that somebody was in fact standing beside Sungmin. He had been so caught up in apologising to his younger brother that he hadn’t noticed anybody else’s presence. He let his eyes travel up the stranger’s thick body and his eyes landed on a familiar face with puffy cheeks. Kim Kangin, the boy Leeteuk had been crushing on since 9th grade. Never had Leeteuk been this close to him.

“I-I…um…” Leeteuk said nervously, his cheeks blushing a bright shade of red.

“Quit staring at my boyfriend! Gosh, you freak” Sungmin said in frustration.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened in shock. Kangin was with Sungmin? Leeteuk suddenly felt his fragile heart smash into pieces.

“I-I didn’t know he was your boyfriend…” Leeteuk said quietly.

Sungmin rolled his eyes “Whatever, just go back to studying. You dork”

Kangin stood there, poking his bruised cheek before Sungmin tugged on his arm.

“Huh?” Kangin asked, suddenly looking over at the two.

“Let’s go to my room” Sungmin said.

“Okay” Kangin agreed, following the younger boy and not even noticing the older one.

Leeteuk bit down on his bottom lip to stop himself from crying and slipped back into his own bedroom, getting out his school books and starting to read through his notes. He had an upcoming test and he didn’t want to fail.

Leeteuk was in his 12th grade at Busan High School. This year was to be the most important year of his schooling. This was the year that would make or break his future and he was determined to study hard and get perfect results.

~~~

“What are you doing tomorrow morning?” Sungmin asked, taking a seat on his own bed while Kangin sat on the office chair.

“Nothing just sleeping in, why?” Kangin asked, looking over at Sungmin.

“I just thought you could come to the gym and work out with me and my friends” Sungmin suggested “You look like you need it”

Kangin scoffed “Excuse me?”

“You heard what I said” Sungmin said “I’m not having with you until you work out a little because…”

Kangin sighed “I just want to sleep in, okay?”

“Yeah…okay” Sungmin said with a frown, not understanding the other boy.

Sungmin was in 10th grade at Busan High School and he had many friends. Kangin is also in the same grade as him but Kangin doesn’t have as many friends as Sungmin, only a small group. Sungmin is crazy about fitness and health. He takes yoga classes, martial arts classes and dance classes. He also regularly attends the gym whereas Kangin would rather stay home and laze around all day. Sungmin was determined to change Kim Kangin for good.

Suddenly a soft knock was sounded from the door.

“Sungminnie” a woman’s voice called out.

“What is it mom?” Sungmin asked with a huff.

The door creaked open slightly and a woman with a bright smile appeared.

“Dinner is ready and…oh! Who is this handsome young man we have here?” she asked.

Sungmin pouted slightly and stood up from his bed.

“This is Kim Kangin, my boyfriend. And Kangin, this is my mom” Sungmin introduced.

Kangin smiled widely, his eyes disappearing for a few seconds before he bowed.

“Another boyfriend?” his mother asked.

Sungmin nodded.

“I hope this one lasts” she muttered “You’re welcome to stay for dinner if you like, we have plenty to share”

“Oh, I wasn’t planning on staying” Kangin said.

“Oh, but you look so hungry” she said, gasping.

Kangin chuckled “Well, I am pretty hungry”

“That’s the spirit” she said, leading the way to the dining area with Sungmin and Kangin following close behind.

Leeteuk was already seated at the table, waiting on the other three to get their meals before beginning to eat.

Once everybody was seated at the table with their meals in front of them they all began to eat, silence filling the room until their mother spoke up.

“So Kangin, what grade are you in at school?” she asked, trying to start conversation.

“I’m in Sungmin’s grade ma’am” he answered.

“Oh, don’t call me ma’am. You can call me Ms Kwon” she said with a smile.

“Hm…” Kangin said, thinking to himself why her last name was ‘Kwon’ whereas Sungmin’s was ‘Lee’ “Okay Ms Kwon”

Sungmin pulled his phone out of his pocket and began texting away to some of his friends while Leeteuk sat quietly and listened to his mother’s conversation with Kangin.

“What about the food? Do you like it? It’s a family recipe” she asked, nodding.

Kangin took another bite of food.

“It’s nice, I really like it” he replied with his mouth full “What’s in it?”

“That’s a secret” Ms Kwon said with a laugh “What other foods do you like?”

“My favourite would have to be bulgogi” Kangin replied “But I also really like jjangmyeon and kimchi chigae”

Leeteuk smiled slightly because he liked those meals a lot too.

“Oh and look at what I picked out at the home ware store this morning” Ms Kwon said, pointing out the candleholder which displayed eccentric designs on the base. 

“I really like scented candles, you know, the one’s that smell” Kangin commented.

“Oh, really? I usually don’t buy that kind, they act up with my allergies” Ms Kwon said.

“That’s a shame” Kangin said, finishing off the last of his meal.

“Would you like more?” Ms Kwon asked.

“Uh…yes please” Kangin decided.

“Leeteuk-ah, would you mind getting more food for Kangin?” she asked, turning to the boy who hadn’t spoken a word since he got to the table.

“Y-Yes mom” he said, leaning over to pick up Kangin’s bowl while blushing slightly.

Once Leeteuk had gotten out of the dining room and into the kitchen he hummed a tune to himself, filling the younger boy’s bowl up generously.

What was so great about Lee Sungmin anyway? Why wouldn’t Kim Kangin notice him? Was he doing something wrong?

Leeteuk sighed and made his way back to the kitchen, continuing to listen to Kangin while Sungmin just ate his low fat pasta and played games on his phone.

~~~

A/N I know that this chapter isn’t that interesting but I hope that it gets more interesting as the story progresses ^-^

And if you haven’t noticed already, I’m a Kangteuk shipper. They’re my OTP and I love them so much *cries* They’re so amazing! So I know for certain that this will NOT turn out to be a Kangmin. Because Kangmin makes me feel sad *sobs* So please don’t expect this to be a Kangmin centred story.

Subscribe and comment please~ ^_^ It would make my day~