Y.O.U.

We Have to Go Back

Onew went to jail not knowing what to do, where to turn. He screamed as he went away in the police car, but it was not long before the colonel showed up riding on a scooter behind them.

"Stop it na, i sayyyd stop it, that mans innocent" the colonel yelled after the police. 

The police car screeched to a halt. 

"That man aint no thief, i say that man is no theft!" The colonel shouted, waving chicken legs in the air as he threw his scooter to the ground. It landed with a thud.

The police got out of the car and glared at him. "How you know this, colonel? HOW? he a assosiater or somethin?" The police officer demanded. 

The colonel stared at each of the police officers confusedly, wondering why he was defending this boy he didn't know. However; he couldn't question it now, that boy was going to be taken to jail. He couldn't have that happen by any means. "Well, yes." The colonel replied, bowing his head.

The police officers were stunned and the buzzed with what nonsense this seemed. In the police car, Onew couldn't believe his own eyes. This strange man with the weird mustache and clothes was defending him! Why? How did he know he was innocent? He wasn't, in fact. He had stolen that man's bike, but it had all been for the sake of fried chicken. Maybe that was why. Onew didn't know.

The police slowly let him out of the car and took him out of handcuffs, grumbling about how guilty the foreigner seemed as they did so. 

"We'll be on the watch on you, you hear now" The officer warned Onew.

Onew nodded before they sped away.

He turned to thank the man who saved him. "Thank you so much... I don't even know what to say." He said. Onew didn't know why the man saved him, or what he planned on doing. He was happy nevertheless and smiled at the man as he admired the two pieces of chicken in his hands.

"It ain't no trouble na, you come on n work fa me aright, you seem to appreciate tha finer thins in lif n i want somebody lik that to work for me." He told Onew, handing him a chicken leg.

Onew smiled before taking a big bite of chicken. "It's a deal then." He stated, his mouth full of chicken.