A little fight

Small treasures

Hello! I hope you’re still taking requests because I would LOVE a JongHo story. I would like Angst, something revolving around Minho and Jonghyun getting into a huge fight. The rest can be up to your choosing! Thanks so much in advanced!


Jonghyun was crying, his sobs echoing through the empty apartment. He was laying on the bed he shared with Minho, his lover. Minho was an upcoming actor in America who was the leading actor in a new blockbuster. He played a lonely, authentic man who learned how to love life. It was a very heart-warming story based on true events. It was a beautiful movie with a lot of heavy emotions, beautiful settings and very well made music. It was something special. He was so happy that Minho finally got the attention and roles he deserved, but his boyfriend didn’t dare to tell he wasn’t single anymore and worse, he didn’t dare to say he had a boyfriend. It hurt every time Jonghyun read that his lover was single, while he had been living with him for over half a year now. He felt worthless, something Minho was ashamed of. It hurt so badly, his heart clenching every time he read the line.

“I’m single, I don’t have anyone special in my life and I’m perfectly happy with that. I can do what I want without thinking about somebody else. This way, I’m able to concentrate on my movies and that’s how I want it to be. No one to stop me from doing what I want to do. Yes, I’m a single man and I like it.”

Tears were falling on that particular page in the magazine and the letters started to get blurry, they faded and soon it was impossible to read what was once visible on the page. Jongyun rolled on his side and made himself as small as possible, his knees at his chest, and his arms around his legs. He hid under to blankets and fell asleep while crying, praying Minho would come home soon. The man who made him feel this miserable was the only one who knew how to cheer him up, to make him feel better about himself and he was also his lover, the one and only man he loved. He needed the actor, even though it seemed like he was the one who needed the other more. He didn’t want to look weak, but it was impossible for him to think about a life without the younger one. Minho had been in his life for years now and they were together since Jonghyun’s fifteenth birthday. Minho was everything to Jonghyun and the actor knew that, but now it seemed to change. Because his once so careful and romantic lover didn’t even dare to admit he had a boyfriend. He didn’t even say it out loud, telling journalists and other people that he was single, free from any obligation. He couldn’t stay awake as he tried to calm down, what seemed impossible. He kept his eyes tight shut and hoped to fall asleep soon. It wasn’t late, it wasn’t dark outside and there were still a lot of people on the streets but he just wanted to go away for some hours. 

★ ——————-

Jonghyun heard a door close and groaned while opening his eyes. He yawned and left his hiding place under the covers. The pain and tears were replaced by anger and angry eyes. How dare Minho keep him a secret? Never holding hands in public, never going out to eat something together. He even didn’t come Jonghyun up at his home anymore. And it clicked, everything changed after Minho became famous. Now that he was a so called celebrity. He stood up and walked into the living room, seeing his lover on the cough, making himself comfortable. He looked up when he heard Jonghyun walk in and smiled at him. “Hey love,” he said with a tired voice.

“Love? You call me love? After the whole ‘I am a single man’ thing I’ve been reading for months now. You’re too ashamed to even admit you have a boyfriend. You’re a horrible, selfish person, Choi Minho. Think about how I feel, for once. I followed you to Los Angeles so you could start your career. My family and friend, everything I left behind so you could become an actor. I’ve been with you for years and everybody in our home country knows about our relationship and now you keep talking about doing what you want. What does that mean, Minho? You bastard! I cry every time I see something like that in magazines or on television and you keep saying the same thing over and over again. Scared it will ruin your career? Too bad, this is ruining our relationship! I don’t even know if I can trust you anymore. Don’t you know how miserable I feel right now? Like I’m not important to you?”

Minho, not expecting this, stood up and tried to hold his lover in his arms. Just like all the other times when Jonghyun brought this subject up. Jonghyun just crossed his arms and kept looking at him with angry eyes.
“Don’t even try to hug me until you give me a proper explanation.”

Minho sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds, massaging his temples with two digits as he sighed. He opened his eyes again, only to see a raised eyebrow and he knew this was serious. “I just - I don’t know. This is the beginning of my career and this is very important, this moment can change my life completely.”

Jonghyun was about to cry, he really was. The words hurt him immensely. It seemed that Minho didn’t understand him. “You – you bastard! I can’t believe you! What is more important? Me or your job, your little dream of becoming an actor? I love you, Minho, that’s why I say this to you. Don’t I mean more than your new friends and all the journalist? I’ve known you for years, almost ten years and we’ve been together for almost seven. I can’t understand you. Do you want to throw this away? Everything we built up together. All the trust and love we have – had. I don’t know.”

“What are you talking about? Jonghyun… You know I love you, I’ve always loved you and I always will. I just – I’m scared, okay? I’m scared that they will hate me from the moment they find out and that they won’t be giving me work anymore,” he said, trying to calm his lover down.

“I’m tired of this! You’ve been saying that this is important for months now and you keep telling me to be patient. I’m tired of waiting, Minho, I’m tired of being you’re dirty little secret. I’m tired of not being able to hold your hand in public and not being able to kiss you when I want. Do I mean anything to you? Please, tell me… I need to know. I need to be sure, because I don’t know if I can do this.”
“I don’t know – I can’t do that. You know -”

Jonghyun was crying, tears were streaming down his face and his eyes were all red. He couldn’t hear this, he couldn’t bear with this any longer. This was the end. He snarled, his face twisted in a pained expression as he stormed out of the living room, out of the house. He left Minho behind, needing time to think. He grabbed his phone, sobbing as he ran away from the apartment building he leaved in. He dialed Kibum’s number, asking him a place to stay for the night.