Scandals

Small treasures

So I saw your post, then maybe some angsty but with happy ending JongYu because I love my OTP so much. ^^ Band fic, not AU if possible. Maybe something to do with the all Onew "scandals" lately.


 

 

Jinki locked himself up in his room - his and Jonghyun’s room. He felt guilty because Jonghyun was knocking on the door and he didn’t dare to let the other in. He felt bad. All the scandals and all the negative comments. He made SHINee look bad, he let the others down. He wasn’t worth being a leader. He was the first one to enter the dorm this evening after a scolding from the manager.

“Hyung,” a soft voice said, “please, let me in.”

Jinki sighed and buried his head in Jonghyun’s pillow. He inhaled the younger’s scent and closed his eyes. He wanted to answer him, but he was scared. So scared. He didn’t want to see the disappointment on Jonghyun’s face. “I’m not mad. I promise. You don’t have to look at me, you don’t have to say anything, but please let me in.”

Jinki thought about standing up and opening the door, he really did, but he was too scared. He didn’t dare to open the door. Maybe after a nap that he would have enough courage. But what if he didn’t wake up on time and Jonghyun couldn’t sleep in his own room? He bit on his bottom lip, trying to calm down. He didn’t know what to do. Another knock. He didn’t reply. Again. Maybe he should sleep. He could set an alarm around the time they usually went to bed so he could let Jonghyun in his room. Yes, that sounded like a plan.

Finger that were running through his hair were waking Jinki up. He snuggled closer to the warm body on the bed, meeting himself being pulled closer to it, sighing when he felt strong arms around him. And then it clicked inside his head. The scandals, Jonghyun. He oped his eyes, trying to push himself away from, placing his hands on the muscular chest, trying to get away. But the arms around him held him close, not letting go. He didn’t dare to look up, look at Jonghyun’s face. “Hyung,” Jonghyun said.

The older one didn’t move and he sighed, his lips - something he always did when he thought the other one did over think the things too much. “Jinki,” he said. His voice more serious and it forced Jinki to look up. He didn’t see disappointment on the younger’s face and he also didn’t see an angry or hurt expression. “You’re - you’re not mad at me? You don’t hate me?” He whispered, afraid to speak louder.

Jonghyun smiled and placed a gentle kiss on the tip of Jinki’s nose. “I’m not angry. Why would I be? I know that you’re in love with me and that you would never cheat on me. You’re the most honest and loyal person I’ve ever met, hyung, Jinki. You’re my boyfriend, my lover. You didn’t do anything wrong and I still love you as much as I did before everything.”

“The others, aren’t they mad at me?”

Jonghyun laughed, but not in a way it offended or hurt Jinki. It was a loving laugh, one that made the older man feel safe. “Of course not. They are worried sick about you. Good thing that I know how to get in a door when the door is locked. You forgot that I also have a key to our room. And I managed to push the key on the other side out the locket and now I’m inside.”

Jinki blushed, embarrassed by his own actions. It was stupid of him to think that Jonghyun and  the others would be mad at him. He should have known better. He should have known that they would support him and believe him, not some stupid magazine or program. He bit his lip, trying to distract himself so he wouldn’t cry. Jonghyun noticed the teary eyes of Jinki and pulled him closer, his hands going through the messy hair. He whispered sweet nothings into his lover’s ear and kissed him. Those soft lips of Jinki were addicting and he soon got entrance to the familiar warmth of Jinki’s mouth. Jinki let himself get lost into the kiss, forgetting about all the bad things. He forgot about his reputation, the group’s reputation and his friends. Because Jonghyun was with him and that was all he needed.